Welcome to Gaia! ::

N3bu
I should also point out, that regardless of the size of these idiots within whoever's definition of the community.

Don't make the mistake that GamerGate is actually about Journalistic integrity. It's not.

It's a 4chan/Reddit harassment operation. It's using "Journalistic Integrity" as a bait tag and shield to get people who would otherwise scorn them to support them and their efforts. The more legitimacy #Gamergate gets from normal people at large, the easier it is for them to slander and harass Quinn, place #Gamergate, and get everyone to believe that it was justified and ok, and then brag on places like r/redpill. And it's working.

The Gaming community, honestly doesn't care about review integrity because no one believes the reviews anyway. Reviews made their money from publishers paying them from good reviews more then they did from their readership. Everyone should have known this has been happening for at least 10 or more years.

I think the best example was the sacking of Jeff Gertsmann.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Imperious Condescension
"Gaming Fandom"? I'm sorry. This isn't tumblr. Gaming isn't a fandom. You don't have a "cinema fandom" or a "knitting fandom". It's a hobby community, I don't know if you just accidentally chose the wrong words in that but it kind of comes off that you aren't too familiar what the gaming community actually is.

EXCUSE ME. I happen to knit things that fall into my fandom. Plus geek out over thread... I am a knitting fan... *stares* Don't you think that there aren't people who fangasm over high profile knitters, and pattern makers. I do. I AM INSULTED how you can even think there can not be a fandom based on knitting! HOW DARE YOU!
*flips hair angrily* *knits furiously*

Anyways onto the serious discussion. I stopped caring so much a long time ago. I don't see either side smelling like roses. I mean until the people Zoe quinn supposedly slept with come forward and say yes we traded sex for favors, then we aren't going to learn any truth. While I do take some credence with her ex, and in he wouldn't specifically target these people who actually have happened to support Quinn for unknown reasons, would he? I mean its strange how he can point out these people who have actually helped Zoe's career...
I think something is suspicious, but we probably never going to find out the truth. too many people trying to cover their gaping asses.
This whole thing, I think, will be good in the long run. It shook the tree on both sides.

Always figured that things were crooked in gaming review/journalism/whatever you want to call it. This just confirmed it.

And definitly always knew that there were snakes in the gaming community in the form of genuinely misogynistic manchildren. They're not the majority, or even close to a large percentage, but we as gamers did a lousy job showing them how unwelcome they were in our subculture, and now we're reaping the consequences.

Finally, this should hopefully show once and for all that gaming is not a good place for political/social statements.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
N3bu
black_wing_angel

As for the prostitute, just don't read her reviews. Simple as that.

There is no prostitute.

*shrug* That's not what I'm hearing.

Personally, I'm not invested enough in the Zoe....thing, to care if she actually is whoring herself out for good reviews, or not. As I said, just avoid her s**t, and there you go.

Sarkeesian is the only one I have any sort of vested interest in. Specifically because she seeks to demonize the entirety of the video game community, whether casual, hardcore, or whatever else, as misogynist bastards.....and I'm just not ok with that. Especially when her arguments are being pulled out of her a**.

Just because I enjoy playing Zelda, where the title character is a damzel in distress, does not make me some sort of anti-equality advocate. Hell, even Evel Knievel couldn't make a jump like that...

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm fine with peeps twiddling with other peeps' genital regions for extra sauce if'n she did Tweedledee with someone's dumdum for a 10/10, would play again.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
God Emperor Baldur
I don't give 2 flying cunts about what Zoey or Anita did. The reaction that these 30 year old male virgins gave to these 2 women is beyond disgusting.

Im amazed by the fact that people act like terrible things were never said on the internet before.
Holidazed
God Emperor Baldur
I don't give 2 flying cunts about what Zoey or Anita did. The reaction that these 30 year old male virgins gave to these 2 women is beyond disgusting.

Im amazed by the fact that people act like terrible things were never said on the internet before.

Does that excuse them?

Milcyway's Waifu

Princess Kin

Mister George Kapland
Imperious Condescension
This Is NoMercy
When you can learn to reply to a debate without hurling insults, I'd be glad to listen to any point you have.

"I don't like the way you say stuff, so don't say stuff to me, even if they may be right"

The ED hates people like you, I know I ******** do.
It's not the fact that she disagreed with me.
Its the fact thats he can't reply to me without adding insults.
I may just be an old f** to the point last I was on the ED putting unneeded insults in your replies isn't what makes for a retort.
But noticed I replied to other people who disagreed with me. Because they aren't tumblrites who can't debate without insulting the other person.
Holidazed
God Emperor Baldur

Doesn't mean it's any less excusable.
Mister George Kapland
Imperious Condescension
When you can learn to reply to a debate without hurling insults, I'd be glad to listen to any point you have.

"I don't like the way you say stuff, so don't say stuff to me, even if they may be right"

The ED hates people like you, I know I ******** do.

I do a little.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Gamergate is idiotic. How do they expect to be taken seriously when they just swap to the next most convenient cause and now they're about *that* when their old one kind of dies off.

Starts with ZQ and then when no review materializes it's *actually* now about journalism and ethics. Just ignore the Breitbart reporter they placed in the center and are fawning over.

Oh and they are *ever* so insulted over some random articles that they say attacked them. Buuuut let's just forget their pet Breitbart reporter's insulting comments towards gamers in the past, he apologized or something and despite acknowledging he probably has his own agenda they totally believe it.

Also they're so lacking when it comes to having a grip on reality. They're jumping up and down screaming about collusion and illegal activity because some people from gaming journalism places talked over how to handle the ZQ thing. Oh and they said Anita had to have been lying about calling the police over something because she posted it on twitter. (And later their pet reporter mentions she is in contact with the FBI, but let's pretend they never made that stupid leap in reasoning. But they're all about logic and rational arguments guyz).

Oh and if they don't stop them the SJWs are gonna ruin gaming! Everything will be censored! All games with be Dear Esther!

They're mostly a bunch of ******** children in adult bodies and they act like it. They take gaming too seriously, they seem proud of the disproportionate importance they put on it, they're scared of the boogeyman, they can't stop talking about how rational they are... The list goes on.

Oh and it's so annoying how every last person who disagrees with them is an SJW who is in on the conspiracy. Perfect example of a childish mentality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff