Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/oilprices/11283875/Bank-of-America-sees-50-oil-as-Opec-dies.html

What does everyone think about this? If oil does become so cheap, OPEC dies, gas will be 25 cents a gallon, and ISIS runs out of money.

Though, I'd like to know who Bank of America is to be making predictions about such things.
I don't think OPEC is dead. I think OPEC is trying to use this glut to shakedown US shale oil which is more expensive to produce. Once they fold the prices will go back up.
N3bu
I don't think OPEC is dead. I think OPEC is trying to use this glut to shakedown US shale oil which is more expensive to produce. Once they fold the prices will go back up.

Pretty much this. However a major flaw in the plan is that the Middle East and other member countries have been producing oil for a long time. It is a finite resource and they will run out eventually. While this might hurt US Shale oil short term, most of the companies investing in it have the ability to play the long game. In the mean time low gas prices will act as a boost to the American economy, and it will hurt Russia, boosting American Foreign Policy. In the end Russia has been a bigger ally to Middle Eastern States than America, and it may use whatever influence it has with Iran to pressure OPEC to cut back far earlier than OPEC would otherwise. If this happens, damage to American companies may be minimal.

Honestly hard to call at this point, due to the amount of politics in it. We'll just have to watch it unfold.

Friendly Millionaire

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oh lets not forget that the Chinese are not buying any of this oil as their Economy is starting to slip.
Raginmund Brigir
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/oilprices/11283875/Bank-of-America-sees-50-oil-as-Opec-dies.html

What does everyone think about this? If oil does become so cheap, OPEC dies, gas will be 25 cents a gallon, and ISIS runs out of money.

Though, I'd like to know who Bank of America is to be making predictions about such things.

It IS suspicious that gas has been so cheap ever since ISIL started turning up on the Middle East.
Three dollars a gallon plus for years, four in places, and now, boom, ISIS shows up and it's two-fifty.

Personally I hope someone revives the name of Levant, because it sounds so damn beautiful to the ear. Levant. Like a magical land of adventure and danger.

They probably know a guy who has a hand in it or something. Or they're just talking out of their asses, but why would they? They're not stupid.
Times Of War
N3bu

Pretty much this. However a major flaw in the plan is that the Middle East and other member countries have been producing oil for a long time. It is a finite resource and they will run out eventually. While this might hurt US Shale oil short term, most of the companies investing in it have the ability to play the long game. In the mean time low gas prices will act as a boost to the American economy, and it will hurt Russia, boosting American Foreign Policy. I

Don't say it like that. Say "American Imperialism". If we are to be an empire we should not hide that fact.
N3bu
im annoyed b/c i just bought a hybrid this year after saving up for 3 yrs

i mean i needed a new car anyways (my other car was 15 yrs old). so i guess it was still a good thing. i had to get some new car.

idrk. at least i didn't buy a house before the market crashed or get a useless college degree. but it's still sort of the same principle. hard working americans who bought hybrids the past few years are screwed in the same way the home buyers of 2005-2008 era are/were. and for us it's even worse b/c we are trying to be environmentally conscious whereas the people who bought the houses were just greedy and thinking only of themselves.

but anyways this should affect everything else...im waiting for products to become cheaper b/c it costs less to transport them.
goddamn i hate this life so much. i wake and go to work so that i can afford a home and bed to sleep in so that i can be well rested to wake up and go to work. idk why i havent SHOT myself yet.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
sitting cow

i mean i needed a new car anyways (my other car was 15 yrs old). so i guess it was still a good thing. i had to get some new car.

idrk. at least i didn't buy a house before the market crashed or get a useless college degree. but it's still sort of the same principle. hard working americans who bought hybrids the past few years are screwed in the same way the home buyers of 2005-2008 era are/were. and for us it's even worse b/c we are trying to be environmentally conscious whereas the people who bought the houses were just greedy and thinking only of themselves.

but anyways this should affect everything else...im waiting for products to become cheaper b/c it costs less to transport them.

Hybrids in the traditional sense aren't a very smart buy with gas at levels it's been at in America. The batteries start to go and are expensive, outcosting the savings on gas

If you really wanted to be environmentally conscious you would have gotten a used diesel, or any used car
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sitting cow

Hybrids in the traditional sense aren't a very smart buy with gas at levels it's been at in America. The batteries start to go and are expensive, outcosting the savings on gas

If you really wanted to be environmentally conscious you would have gotten a used diesel, or any used car

actually w/ the way mine's made, the battery id think will ever need to be replaced. and it charges itself when i press on the break.

we've already had this convo before i think and you just lied through your teeth so i mean w/e.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
sitting cow
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sitting cow

actually w/ the way mine's made, the battery id think will ever need to be replaced. and it charges itself when i press on the break.

we've already had this convo before i think and you just lied through your teeth so i mean w/e.

What makes you think the battery will never need to be replaced?

I just lied through my teeth? How?
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sitting cow

environmentally conscious my a**, it's about not having to pay these ******** oil companies just to get where the ******** I need to go
I could have a solar car by now but noooo, they had to go and suppress any competitor who doesn't use a fossil fuel engine

p.s. diesel's expensive as ********
sitting cow
goddamn i hate this life so much. i wake and go to work so that i can afford a home and bed to sleep in so that i can be well rested to wake up and go to work. idk why i havent SHOT myself yet.

you gotta have a reason to live, girl. i live to destroy the system under which I was born but that's probably not for everyone

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff