Welcome to Gaia! ::

Les Moches
Ahhhhh!!! I've never even heard of this bill :0

Many people have not.

"Nothing is more terrible than to see ignorance in action." -Goethe.
Jorgunmandr
From what you posed in the OP without reading the links I'm not seeing anything that I should be afraid of.

Any violation of the basic rights promised to me is cause for concern in my book.

Maybe you should check out my sources?
Love Muffin88
Yeah, I don't like that. So.....the cyber-police will be extra for cereal about busting your a** for downloading free s**t? Among other things.

They will have access to every site you visit, everything you download, every post you make and can persecute you for it under these laws and many others; all without requiring a warrant or bringing any charges against you, or any trial at all.

'Cyber crimes' are very vaguely outlined in the bill. If you wanted to, you could say a post organizing a protest on a war with Iran is a danger to the USA. This would be an extreme case but I wouldn't put it past our corrupt government.

So yes. Among many other things.
Yami no Hitokiri
If it isn't SOPA or CISPA, it will be something else. They will keep ramming this type of legislation until something gets through and the Net as we've known it up till now is history.

I will not simply lay down and accept this. You shouldn't either.

The people are what sustain the government. Many people use the web, and like their internet being free. Many people would be willing to protest these types of laws as we have already witnessed.
Riviera de la Mancha
Will look at this in detail when I have the time. Any time people reference a bill, my Spidey Sense starts up.

Good for you, I'm glad this is bring some awareness up.

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn." -Franklin.
Crylvia
redroosters

It's getting closer and closer to us, isn't it? The ultimate goal is control of the populace. This is not paranoia. This is not insanity. This is the logical course of action.
The goal of CIPSA is not conquest, rather the protection of ordinary citizens like yourself.

The goal of CIPSA is to allow the sharing of personal information between companies and the government alike. As well as censorship of materials. You are being told it is to 'protect you' but again... from what?

Cyber crimes? The bill hardly defines what that is. Do not fall for this propaganda.
Dr Dillinger
DROWN THE HIPSTERS IN THE MAIN STREAM!

I fancy reddit a bit myself, which is where I assume you heard this? Thanks for the bump, x2
The Willow Of Darkness
Ophelia your secret is safe
/snip.
Ophelia

This is copywritten material. Under CIPSA you could be facing charges.
SarahSass
So basically our internet privacy is slowly becoming no more?

If that's so, who cares? The internet isn't a place for privacy, your physical home is a place for privacey.

Sorry if I'm being to vague about the bill, but this really doesn't seem like a more important topic to talk about than rape. You made me sour when you made it sound like old news. XP

I do not mean to offend you, I have been drifting in and out of the ED for a few months, and I always see the topics of rape, abortion, gay marriage, etc. I am not lessening the severity of these topics I am simply saying it is a dead horse. I'd rather not participate in beating it. Instead here is some relevant news to individuals in the USA.

This bill is about privacy. It is about the unconstitutional seizure and search of personal data. The 4th amendment protects us from that. This bill scares me for that reason.

Not only that but it is being backed by major companies who see it as a monetary gain if it were to pass.

It is also about censorship among other things. The sources I provided go in depth on how the individual is going to be effected.

Fanatical Prophet

When I Leave This World
Crylvia
redroosters

It's getting closer and closer to us, isn't it? The ultimate goal is control of the populace. This is not paranoia. This is not insanity. This is the logical course of action.
The goal of CIPSA is not conquest, rather the protection of ordinary citizens like yourself.

The goal of CIPSA is to allow the sharing of personal information between companies and the government alike. As well as censorship of materials. You are being told it is to 'protect you' but again... from what?

Cyber crimes? The bill hardly defines what that is. Do not fall for this propaganda.
I was merely playing with a quote from Deus Ex... You know, joking?
Crylvia

I didn't recognize it out of context. Still don't to be honest.

On a side note, a few of the creators of Deus Ex are working with Bethesda on Dishonored. I look forward to that one.

Fanatical Prophet

When I Leave This World
Crylvia

I didn't recognize it out of context. Still don't to be honest.

On a side note, a few of the creators of Deus Ex are working with Bethesda on Dishonored. I look forward to that one.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Looks interesting, I hadn't heard anything about this. Thanks for the heads-up, bro.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
When I Leave This World
Yami no Hitokiri
If it isn't SOPA or CISPA, it will be something else. They will keep ramming this type of legislation until something gets through and the Net as we've known it up till now is history.

I will not simply lay down and accept this. You shouldn't either.

The people are what sustain the government. Many people use the web, and like their internet being free. Many people would be willing to protest these types of laws as we have already witnessed.
The people no longer sustain the government, business does, with all it's dirty money.

Fanatical Zealot

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces