Welcome to Gaia! ::

From what you posed in the OP without reading the links I'm not seeing anything that I should be afraid of.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Yeah, I don't like that. So.....the cyber-police will be extra for cereal about busting your a** for downloading free s**t? Among other things.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
If it isn't SOPA or CISPA, it will be something else. They will keep ramming this type of legislation until something gets through and the Net as we've known it up till now is history.
Will look at this in detail when I have the time. Any time people reference a bill, my Spidey Sense starts up.

Fanatical Prophet

redroosters
When I Leave This World

In summary:
I feel the Patriot Act, the NDAA and potentially CIPSA are all in place to "to protect the national security of the United States." But from what? The next dark skinned Disney villain we should all be against? Osama was a scapegoat. Kony is a potential scapegoat. Next it will be a hacker group like Anonymous that we need to fear.
(I'm not saying these people didn't commit crimes against humanity, but the way they are being related to us in order to push bills through congress or for economic reasons is propaganda)

Edit: Clarity.

It's getting closer and closer to us, isn't it? The ultimate goal is control of the populace. This is not paranoia. This is not insanity. This is the logical course of action.
The goal of CIPSA is not conquest, rather the protection of ordinary citizens like yourself.

Fanatical Prophet

Yami no Hitokiri
If it isn't SOPA or CISPA, it will be something else. They will keep ramming this type of legislation until something gets through and the Net as we've known it up till now is history.
The forces behind these Bills have been 'very' persistent.

Lunatic

redroosters
Princess Creampie
redroosters
Princess Creampie
redroosters

No, Verd's just being ******** annoying.

Verd is awesome. whee

How is Verd awesome? She belongs in GD with the rest of those hipster scum.

I'ma hipster too! xd

Verd is awesome because she just is. ninja

I hate those. Useless human husks, doing nothing with themselves but eating Nutella and listening to shitty indie music.

No, she isn't.

If I listen to indie music because I legitimately like it (not purely because it's indie, I just liked one song from one band, then liked a similar song, then liked a similar song, and it gradually went more obscure from there) am I a hipster?

Do you hate me now, redroosters?
DROWN THE HIPSTERS IN THE MAIN STREAM!

Friendly Raider

redroosters
SaguaroDundee
I notice no internet sites/companies are doing the "black out" thing.
Has anyone told the government that you "physically" have to commit crimes in order to be a criminal? Oh of course I could call 1984, as many have for eons it seems. .......

The thing I'm thinking of doing is voting Ron Paul and ripping Government from trade all together.

Even if the popular vote favored Paul, they'd just pull a Bush 2000 on 'em.

I don't very much like uneducated predictions. It's pointless like predicting the whether 4 months in advance.
The Admin
Misleading or "Spoof" Thread Titles are not permitted in ED
  • Spoof Threads can be identified by the following:
    • Titles including inflammatory statements, often racist, sexist, or bigoted.
    • Threads with titles that mislead the reader as to what the thread content is.

• These typically have variations of the following in the first post:
    Quote:
    Now that I have your attention, this is what I actually want to say...
    Quote:
    Bet that got your attention, huh? Well, I don't actually think that, but...
    Quote:
    {Offensive statement as title}
    ...is something you hear people say a lot, isn't it? I'd like to talk about that

• If you are unclear as to whether your thread has a spoof title, or if you have any questions regarding this announcement, feel free to contact an ED moderator.
redroosters
The Willow Of Darkness
Captain Verd
But I walk 500 miles
and I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
Just to fall down at your door

Is this becoming a a karaoke thread like in the days of old?

No, Verd's just being ******** annoying.

Ophelia your secret is safe
Ophelia you must break the chain
Some girls will get their way
Some fathers will control from the grave
Ophelia you must remember

Veronica's America is not like
Is not like Charlotte's, one to savor
Cosmic flavor
Then Alison whispers, "remember
Change waltzes in with her sister Pain
Waiting for you to send her away
Wish her well break the chain
Break the chain"
I feel you

Ophelia
"The Eve of St. Agnes",
A poem he can't reach you in
Ophelia you know how to lose
But when will you learn to choose
Those men who choose to stay
Those mothers who won't look the other way
Ophelia you must remember

Veronica's America is not like
Is not like Charlotte's, one to savor
Cosmic flavor
Then Alison whispers," remember
Change waltzes in with her sister Pain
Waiting for you to send her away
Wish her well break the chain
Break the chain"
I feel you
Ophelia

Fanatical Zealot

Seems legit.
So basically our internet privacy is slowly becoming no more?

If that's so, who cares? The internet isn't a place for privacy, your physical home is a place for privacey.

Sorry if I'm being to vague about the bill, but this really doesn't seem like a more important topic to talk about than rape. You made me sour when you made it sound like old news. XP
Captain Verd
But I walk 500 miles
and I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
Just to fall down at your door

I assume you are expressing support by this? Thanks for the bump.
redroosters

It's getting closer and closer to us, isn't it? The ultimate goal is control of the populace. This is not paranoia. This is not insanity. This is the logical course of action.

I think the main problem is corporate sponsorship. That is why bills like this are being pushed through congress. We need a separation of business and state.

Controlling what is posted on the web is a huge way to control the population, for those of us who get our news from sources like wikileaks, which will be directly effected by this. It is not aimed to protect the general population, but rather, is being marketed that it will.

This bill is infringing upon our 4th amendment right as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff