• Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Eyerunny
stealthmongoose
Eyerunny
TO STATE THE OBVIOUS
stealthmongoose
Penn & Teller

are not sociological or linguistic professionals. They're illusionists with opinions.

And who the ******** are you?

Someone who can tell the difference between "cursing" and HATEFUL METAPHORS THAT DEGRADE AN ENTIRE MINORITY GROUP WITHOUT ANY PROVOCATION.

Lol I like you, you use the argument from authority to bury yourself. Have another tip.

Dapper Codger

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Old Blue Collar Joe

Actually, if you look at that criteria, about two thirds of all students would be counseled and interviewed routinely for drawing s**t like that. Hell, I did it as a bullied kid.

Still, there were so many incidents such as that, it would at least warrant a minor investigation.

Granted, I can still understand and sympathize with people who are bullied, even the nutjobs at columbine. I was bullied myself, although the bullying was by an extraordinarily angry and cynical teacher rather then some neanderthal that's stronger then me. Thankfully a year or two of therapy and that was pretty much all cleared up and I managed to get out of a minor depression
Symorin
Old Blue Collar Joe

Actually, if you look at that criteria, about two thirds of all students would be counseled and interviewed routinely for drawing s**t like that. Hell, I did it as a bullied kid.

Still, there were so many incidents such as that, it would at least warrant a minor investigation.

Granted, I can still understand and sympathize with people who are bullied, even the nutjobs at columbine. I was bullied myself, although the bullying was by an extraordinarily angry and cynical teacher rather then some neanderthal that's stronger then me. Thankfully a year or two of therapy and that was pretty much all cleared up and I managed to get out of a minor depression

I grew up with being bullied and the 'therapy' I got was suck it up and move on. Still haven't resorted to those tactics.
Crazy is crazy.
stealthmongoose
Eyerunny
stealthmongoose
Eyerunny
TO STATE THE OBVIOUS
stealthmongoose
Penn & Teller

are not sociological or linguistic professionals. They're illusionists with opinions.

And who the ******** are you?

Someone who can tell the difference between "cursing" and HATEFUL METAPHORS THAT DEGRADE AN ENTIRE MINORITY GROUP WITHOUT ANY PROVOCATION.

Lol I like you, you use the argument from authority to bury yourself. Have another tip.

No, you asked me who I am, and I answered with a relevant description. You do not need to know my name or profession and I wouldn't give that information to someone like you anyhow.

What is a metaphor?
bing
implicit comparison: the use to describe somebody or something of a word or phrase that is not meant literally but by means of a vivid comparison expresses something about him, her, or it, e.g. saying that somebody is a snake

What is a f*****t?
bing
slang: an offensive term for a gay man

Therefore
Saying "...you faggots..." inflected with insult is to suggest a similarity of those you address to gay men. The unabridged insult is that one is to be socially rejected as gay men are to be socially rejected. That is implicitly advocating continued disenfranchisement of gay men and related groups if it is technically not hate speech.

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU NOW UNDERSTAND SOMETHING THAT IS COVERED IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH CLASSES!
False Dichotomy
I think they should rename this the gun discussion forum. Or at least make one. This is getting really old.

Don't they say the same thing about Abortion, Gay Marriage, and the Two Party System? I think Gun stuff is highly relevant right now because of a combination of high profile shootings and extremely controversial legislation that may result in serious civil disobedience. I think you'll find we would rather have 1/10th as many threads and talk about Oak vs. Hickory rather than whether or not the government wanted to steal from millions of people and criminalize millions of others.

Shameless Mystic

Michael Noire
False Dichotomy
I think they should rename this the gun discussion forum. Or at least make one. This is getting really old.

Don't they say the same thing about Abortion, Gay Marriage, and the Two Party System? I think Gun stuff is highly relevant right now because of a combination of high profile shootings and extremely controversial legislation that may result in serious civil disobedience. I think you'll find we would rather have 1/10th as many threads and talk about Oak vs. Hickory rather than whether or not the government wanted to steal from millions of people and criminalize millions of others.
I'd like to see more discussion against the two party system. I haven't seen much of that I haven't started myself.
Eh, I might be going out on a limb here, but the school rules expressly limit use of school computers.

He was using a school computer.

Seems like a pretty easy case on the surface of things.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I thought the 'suspended for gun picture' was too much but at least they said it was for a picture they felt was 'offensive or threatening' instead of trying to say a picture of a gun = gun.

I thought the included link story about the girl suspended for a paper gun was even worse. They don't show a photo but the mom is quoted as saying it looks like a folded piece of paper. My guess is it may have been one of those paper pop guns which does not look like a gun at all. More like a triangle shaped piece of paper that makes a pop sound when you flick it downward hard. Vaguely similar to the sound of popping a paper lunch bag. (Which makes me wonder if popping a paper bag or plastic sandwich bag would make you a terrorist for emulating a bomb.)

Shirtless Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
stealthmongoose
Yeah, remember when i posted a thread a while back, telling you faggots about how your education system is a political posturing exercise masking as a center of knowledge and research?

Remember how you faggots called me a conspiracy theorist and an idiot for telling you that social policy takes precedent over learning in your government mandated education systems?

Well, welcome to the AIDS circus you Gay Clowns.

just wow

Shameless Mystic

I Need a Kitten
stealthmongoose
Yeah, remember when i posted a thread a while back, telling you faggots about how your education system is a political posturing exercise masking as a center of knowledge and research?

Remember how you faggots called me a conspiracy theorist and an idiot for telling you that social policy takes precedent over learning in your government mandated education systems?

just wow
inorite? I was so stunned, I really wasn't sure how to reply to that. I ended up just not, because... wow.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
False Dichotomy
I Need a Kitten
stealthmongoose

just wow
inorite? I was so stunned, I really wasn't sure how to reply to that. I ended up just not, because... wow.

yep, some people, im hoping this kid is a 13 year old, just so im not sitting at home worried how our next set of adults released in to the world is going to destroy us all..

Shameless Mystic

I Need a Kitten
False Dichotomy
I Need a Kitten
stealthmongoose

just wow

yep, some people, im hoping this kid is a 13 year old, just so im not sitting at home worried how our next set of adults released in to the world is going to destroy us all..
He's been around since 2007, I'm afraid that's not the case.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
False Dichotomy
I Need a Kitten
False Dichotomy
I Need a Kitten
stealthmongoose

just wow

Shiet..

Liberal Dabbler

I Need a Kitten
False Dichotomy
I Need a Kitten
False Dichotomy
I Need a Kitten
stealthmongoose

just wow

Shiet..

Did you see where he QFE'd himself on the last page? What kind of asshat gives themselves props?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff