Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

the toy confiscations and suspension of kindergardeners is stupid but in this case he should have known better

Hallowed Hunter

Nope. This seems fairly standard. This would happen in plenty of schools in my country too and guns are not an issue here.
Admiral Dardanos
Nope. This seems fairly standard. This would happen in plenty of schools in my country too and guns are not an issue here.

Seriously? Not directed at you, but when was Common Sense euthanized?

Shameless Mystic

Old Blue Collar Joe
Admiral Dardanos

Long time ago. At the very least, in schools, the 80s. That's at least.
False Dichotomy
Old Blue Collar Joe
Admiral Dardanos

We're not raising individuals any more. We're raising ******** drones. If there is someone that breaks from the herd, they all scream and beat them until they return to the mindless presence of the collective.
No wonder we're not making new scientific breakthroughs, but instead are merely tweaking old s**t.
Science is now by consensus, and if you disagree with the politically correct answer, they will cut your money and laugh you out of the field.
In fifty years, we're going to be in horrible shape.

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
False Dichotomy
Old Blue Collar Joe
Admiral Dardanos

We're not raising individuals any more. We're raising ******** drones. If there is someone that breaks from the herd, they all scream and beat them until they return to the mindless presence of the collective.
No wonder we're not making new scientific breakthroughs, but instead are merely tweaking old s**t.
Science is now by consensus, and if you disagree with the politically correct answer, they will cut your money and laugh you out of the field.
[Informative]

In a large part because certain fields are being derided as politically correct. Long after you are dead and gone, your great grandchildren will truly understand the consequences of the climate change denial. And when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in fire.

Hallowed Hunter

Old Blue Collar Joe
Admiral Dardanos

Yup. Well, maybe not 3 days suspension everywhere.. That's a bit excessive. Some of the more uptight schools probably would do that and more though.

They should have just asked him to remove it, and only taken further action if he refused or did it again.

Hallowed Hunter

HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
False Dichotomy
Old Blue Collar Joe
Admiral Dardanos

[Informative]

In a large part because certain fields are being derided as politically correct. Long after you are dead and gone, your great grandchildren will truly understand the consequences of the climate change denial. And when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in fire.

That last part sounds suspiciously familiar...

EDIT; For those sorry souls who don't get it:

0:41

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
False Dichotomy
Keltoi Samurai
False Dichotomy
Keltoi Samurai
False Dichotomy
I think they should rename this the gun discussion forum. Or at least make one. This is getting really old.

this is one of only three on the front page, one of which is decidedly anti-gun, and the other about confiscation.

that you oppose discussion on the matter, and resort to spamming any thread on the despised topic really says a lot about you.
That's because most of them have been moved to the chatterbox where they belong. Where have you been in the past 3 weeks? The ED has been jam packed full of this junk, with little to no actual discussion beyond talking about how x extremist = all opposing people, or how anyone and everyone who wants minor gun control is equivocal to Hitler.

It's getting old.

and that's not what this is about.

this is about a child getting in trouble for a picture.

no gun control, no pro gun advocacy, nobody being called Hitler, a minor Hitler, or even a Megahitler. just talk about a picture getting a child suspended.

do you have anything to say on the issue, or are you just spamming?
What's there to be discussed on the matter? This has been around for years. 5 years ago, I got about a week of detention in highschool for using this picture in a powerpoint presentation used to list people's favorite shows. This isn't anything new.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Schools are, and have been extremely uptight about anything like this for quite some time. It isn't just guns either, they'll do the exact same thing to you for anything with a potleaf represented on it, slightly racy pictures, or even too many friends wearing the same color for "gang related uniforms."

Except how schools handle these situations is a bit absurd. Suspending someone, or giving someone (in your example, you) detention for a picture is as moronic as it gets, in my honest opinion.

ANYTHING these days can get someone suspended or detention, because school teachers/principals/administrators are flying red flags when there is no red flag to be had.

For example: One child, a third grader, if I remember correctly, had to remove his Peyton Manning #18 Jersey because the number 18 happens to also be affiliated to the 18th street gang. Other numbers that weren't allowed are 13, 14, 31, 41, and 81.

I wasn't allowed to wear an all blue or all red shirt in school because those colors alone are also what the Crips and Bloods happen to represent themselves as.

In August 2012, a 5-year-old in Oklahoma had to turn his Michigan University jersey inside out because "the Oklahoma City Public Schools District guidelines were developed in 2005 with the involvement of a task force that said gangs used sports team logos as gang signifiers."

Really? So we aren't allowed any numbers 13, 14, 18, 31, 41, 81, anything that might have a sports team logo, or the colors/color combinations of blue, red, black/yellow, red/black black/blue/gray, red/white/blue (affiliated with the gang Devils Diciples [that's unfortunately not a typo...] and Dominicans Don't Play), black/red/green, black/blue/red, black/white/red, and gray/white/red.

At this rate, we're all going to school naked.
I wonder how many straws it will take for the American public to finally crack and want to not be lazy and take our government back into our own hands. This s**t is not working!

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Old Blue Collar Joe

I've always attributed our lack of scientific breakthroughs to a culture that discourages kids from entering the field.

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
YahuShalum
I wonder how many straws it will take for the American public to finally crack and want to not be lazy and take our government back into our own hands. This s**t is not working!

http://youtu.be/aKWVCv8uWDI

This kinda reminds me of whats going on.
Is is just me or has this entire month been like comicon for dumbasses? suspensions for backgrounds, bitching about a deaf kid's name because "it looks like a gun", bitching about kids playing cops and robbers....

not to borrow something from The Miz, but...
Really?
REALLY??
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
YahuShalum

LOL

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
YahuShalum
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
YahuShalum

LOL

I knew.
You would enjoy that.
Can you point out the things.
That relates to what's going on from that video?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff