Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seriously, does anyone else find this insane?

Faculty and administrators are going completely batshit stupid over ANY gun related item, be it a picture, one made of Lego blocks, even FINGERS.
Has anyone else realized just how ******** paranoid they all look?

Shameless Mystic

I think they should rename this the gun discussion forum. Or at least make one. This is getting really old.

Lunatic

False Dichotomy
I think they should rename this the gun discussion forum. Or at least make one. This is getting really old.

ED really likes its flavor of the months.

Liberal Dabbler

The mods have been CBing some of the ones with the least content. But yeah, these NRA-bags should do like the minority religions in the M&R and start their own little central thread where they can post the gun article of the afternoon and range at it to each other without flooding the front page. People used to do issue threads back when we had enough real people to carry on long conversations.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I thought this one was worse.

tell me, d'ya think the Libs condone the bullying the girl received? I mean, on the one hand, she's being bullied as a "murderer," and they hate bullying.

on the other hand, she had a sheet of paper folded like a gun, and they love to shame anyone who disagrees with them about guns ( like, for instance, releasing the names and addresses of all gun owners in a state, heavily implying these people are dangerous and irresponsible, and calling for gun owners to be treated like sex offenders ), so maybe she's fair game?
FlySammyJ
The mods have been CBing some of the ones with the least content. But yeah, these NRA-bags should do like the minority religions in the M&R and start their own little central thread where they can post the gun article of the afternoon and range at it to each other without flooding the front page. People used to do issue threads back when we had enough real people to carry on long conversations.

What's funny is the mere assumption that we're members of the NRA.
And any time we try to quiz the anti-gunners about firearms or educate them all we get is 'OMG!! Gunz are da ebils and we don't needs to knows about them!!"

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
My middle school once had the art classes enter a local art contest. The theme was Western. You could draw guns, but you had to censor them out with a big black block. It was ******** stupid.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
False Dichotomy

this is one of only three on the front page, one of which is decidedly anti-gun, and the other about confiscation.

that you oppose discussion on the matter, and resort to spamming any thread on the despised topic really says a lot about you.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Old Blue Collar Joe

What's funny is the mere assumption that we're members of the NRA.
And any time we try to quiz the anti-gunners about firearms or educate them all we get is 'OMG!! Gunz are da ebils and we don't needs to knows about them!!"

My dad likes his guns for the hunting, but he quit the NRA a long time ago cause he thought they were getting too political.

And your second point... That's the reason I don't go into a lot of specifics about the gun debate. My stance is "responsible sane people should be allowed to own guns". I don't go into banning or regulating specific types of guns because I don't know a damn thing. Everyone talks about banning semiautomatic rifles, but no one is telling me what a ******** semiautomatic rifle ******** is! What makes it so much scarier than a regular gun?

Shameless Mystic

Keltoi Samurai
False Dichotomy

this is one of only three on the front page, one of which is decidedly anti-gun, and the other about confiscation.

that you oppose discussion on the matter, and resort to spamming any thread on the despised topic really says a lot about you.
That's because most of them have been moved to the chatterbox where they belong. Where have you been in the past 3 weeks? The ED has been jam packed full of this junk, with little to no actual discussion beyond talking about how x extremist = all opposing people, or how anyone and everyone who wants minor gun control is equivocal to Hitler.

It's getting old.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
False Dichotomy
Keltoi Samurai
False Dichotomy

That's because most of them have been moved to the chatterbox where they belong. Where have you been in the past 3 weeks? The ED has been jam packed full of this junk, with little to no actual discussion beyond talking about how x extremist = all opposing people, or how anyone and everyone who wants minor gun control is equivocal to Hitler.

It's getting old.

and that's not what this is about.

this is about a child getting in trouble for a picture.

no gun control, no pro gun advocacy, nobody being called Hitler, a minor Hitler, or even a Megahitler. just talk about a picture getting a child suspended.

do you have anything to say on the issue, or are you just spamming?
I call it Kenneth's law. When someone gets in trouble for something that is stupid, then they already had a bone to pick with the person and they needed an excuse.

Shameless Mystic

Keltoi Samurai
False Dichotomy
Keltoi Samurai
False Dichotomy

It's getting old.

and that's not what this is about.

this is about a child getting in trouble for a picture.

no gun control, no pro gun advocacy, nobody being called Hitler, a minor Hitler, or even a Megahitler. just talk about a picture getting a child suspended.

do you have anything to say on the issue, or are you just spamming?
What's there to be discussed on the matter? This has been around for years. 5 years ago, I got about a week of detention in highschool for using this picture in a powerpoint presentation used to list people's favorite shows. This isn't anything new.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Schools are, and have been extremely uptight about anything like this for quite some time. It isn't just guns either, they'll do the exact same thing to you for anything with a potleaf represented on it, slightly racy pictures, or even too many friends wearing the same color for "gang related uniforms."

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Back in high school one of my friends had her new purse confiscated for the day because the print on it was a small pistol shooting out five-pointed stars. School administrations are notorious for their over-the-top, sterile, culture-destroying, identity-crushing rules. Because nothing makes everyone feel comfortable like being barred from basic expression!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff