Welcome to Gaia! ::

Change the Olymipcs?!

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 13, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

Maemae
The Olympics is held every two years. The summer games are this year, and in 2006 there will be the winter games.

If the Olympics was held every two years, then the summer and winter games would be heald every year. There would hardly be any time or money for the cities to set up. This would become a serious problem. I am happy with the Olympics bieng heald every four years, or two years, counting the summer and winter games.

Romantic Lover

Well i think we got everything covered!

If we missed anything, let us know!!

Tell us what you think.
they should leave it at four, they allready have summer and winter split up, so its not like your actually going 4 years with out seeing them. It really is allready 2.
Who gives a goddamn ********?

Unless having the Olympics every two years is gonna put some money in my pocket, food on my table, clothes on my back, or a roof over my head, I don't ******** care.

Friendly Genius

9,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Market Browser 100
actually the ideia of olympic games as they were invented in ancient greece should be held from 8 t 8 years....
i'll try to explain...
every 8 year Venus describes a pentagram on the sky and that event was celebrated by helding the olimp games. in your days the system has changed a bit, we follow the half venus circles
that's the reason the olipic games are once in every 4 years and i believe it should stay that way =)
4 yrs. it makes it more special,a nd gives time for more preperations(sp) for the opening cermony, you know how long it is for those who have wacthed, and it is simply amazing
It should stay at four years!! It's been four years apart for centuries, why change it now? Are we really that great and special that we can change something like THAT?! My gosh, I'm sure the Greeks made it that way for some weird reason...
Four years. If it was two then it wouldn't be that special anymore and everyone would get tired of it.

Besides, it makes it more special if you get a medal.
it's historic, and it's at a special time
i think that they should keep it to 4 years. it makes it much more worthwhile to wait. besides, if it is every 2 years, and if every 2 years a different country hosts it, its going to use up a lot of money to build the stadiums and stuff.
I say 4 years b/c that gives enough time for the players to u no train and not 2 b/c althletes need to u no, train. I saw one saying 3 but no it would mess up the penta a 5 line star that intersect (symbol of Venus(goddess of love)) , her star/ planet (forgot which one) shows up every 8 years so we cut the years in half and viola 4 year olympic so no no to 3 years also 2 would cut that even more... and if ya wanta no, the star became the symbol of the olympics, just modified.... the 5 rings...
i just said that!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces