Welcome to Gaia! ::

Someone in the topic I linked recently posted this:

Quote:
Elizabeth,
back in the late 70's and early 80's my parents ran a ministry for women and children, that had been spiritually, emotionally, physically and sometimes even sexually abused with marital rape at the hands of men that espoused beliefs like Fred.

My Dad worked with the husbands and Dad's to unwind the deception these men had been taught. Almost always the men had been taught the Paul doctrine against women without ever hearing about historical context and that men such as CI Scofield completely mi-interpreted the intent Paul was speaking about in 1 Cor 14.

Furthermore the men never knew the sordid, sinful pasts of men, that preverted this par tof the Gospel like CI Scofiled, who was a drunk, abuser of women, possibly served time in Federal Prison and was a forger and cheat.

Let Fred take the train and keep on the high road sister

"completely mi(s)-interpreted the intent Paul was speaking about in 1 Cor 14."

One of their arguments is that what Paul said was so clear and concise that it could not have been misinterpreted.
Someone in the topic I linked recently posted this:

Quote:
Peace be with you beloved Scripture founded and witnessing Elizabeth619;

1. "All Scripture are inspired/breath out by GOD and they are useful for Teaching, Rebuking Errors, Correcting Faults and Training One in Righteousness, so that a man of GOD in fully trained and fully equipped to do all kind of Good deeds."
2. "Women are to keep silent in church." (whenever a group of believers gather then it is the church)
3. "They are not allowed to teach."
3. "They are to posses a gentle and quiet spirit which is pleasing in the sight of GOD."
4. "Women are not allowed to practice authority over men."
6. "They are not to tell men what to do."

These instructions among many are written Scripture inspired/breath out by GOD for all women, not to remain proud and loose but called to be in order, to 'abide' in all of them, teachings of obedient and submission in the Kingdom of GOD.

i have nothing nor any hidden agenda against women for they are also equally called as daughters through CHRIST but my given duty using the given Word written in the HOLY BIBLE, is to remind and stir up their memory, not to react or respond in ignorance, for that further leads to 'Lawlessness'.

May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST forgive you and bless you with spirit and truth.

One of the arguments that were made earlier in the post is that the Bible is not notoriously sexist, therefore God would not make a sex biased law that works against men and not women. I had claimed it was notoriously sexist to show that a sex biased law could exist and therefore men doing it could be a sin while it's possible women doing it is not.
There was a post here. It's gone now.
Trayvon Zimerman
Human Mind
Yep, delete the post

Delete yours. It's unsightly.
Trayvon Zimerman
Human Mind
Trayvon Zimerman
Human Mind
Yep, delete the post

Delete yours. It's unsightly.
Nah I'm good

Then I as well.

Hilarious Autobiographer

Human Mind
So I entered a Christian website to confirm whether or not it is okay to be lesbian.

The only reasons Christians believe that it is not okay to be lesbian, would be the following:

1. "Because of something Paul said, ambiguously, once."
2. "Because it goes against God's design"
3. "Because any kind of sexual activity outside of marriage is a sin"
4. "Because being lesbian is contrary to love"
5. "It isn't okay for two men to do it, therefore it isn't okay for two women to do it.
6. "It is not condoned in the Bible."

Here is the website: Link

My last posts may seem a little cruel on my part. I decided to act as illogical as they are, to reveal how illogical they are. Still, if you read between the lines of what they posted earlier, you will see their passive aggression. I was extremely polite and logical until my last two posts, but felt that was pointless at that point. Of course, I was immediately banned.

The debate lasted two days.

They all avoided the question "Why did God fail to include it in the list of sexual immoralities in Leviticus 18?" that I repeated throughout the topic.

It should be found somewhere here.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

But it isn't.

Read the whole topic Link to see what I mean.

Hello, there. I am passing no judgement on you because a Christian we also told to love our neighbor as we love our selves. We're all sinners and have fallen short of God's glory. Now to answer about Homosexuality. Yes, you can be a Christian and still be a lesbian. You will be in the face of sin more than those who are not homosexual. But it is possible. The gospel does not escape those whose sexuality are differ from others. Some choose to embrace God's truth and others reject, it breaks my heart. I am not a homosexual but I knew a a guy who was and is still a christian today. Furthermore, yes, the bible does make homosexual sex unlawful (lev 18: 22) But remember, as along as we repent for our sins then we are forgiven, This happens through prayer and turing away from what causing us to sin.
Aniolel
Human Mind

Hello, there. I am passing no judgement on you because a Christian we also told to love our neighbor as we love our selves. We're all sinners and have fallen short of God's glory. Now to answer about Homosexuality. Yes, you can be a Christian and still be a lesbian. You will be in the face of sin more than those who are not homosexual. But it is possible. The gospel does not escape those whose sexuality are differ from others. Some choose to embrace God's truth and others reject, it breaks my heart. I am not a homosexual but I knew a a guy who was and is still a christian today. Furthermore, yes, the bible does make homosexual sex unlawful (lev 18: 22) But remember, as along as we repent for our sins then we are forgiven, This happens through prayer and turing away from what causing us to sin.

Thank you for your post.

Aniolel
Furthermore, yes, the bible does make homosexual sex unlawful (lev 18: 22)

It specifically says that men cannot have sex with men in the same way they would with a woman; Even specifying to say that the reason is that it is detestable.

It doesn't say anything about women doing it with women, and this part was said directly by God.

Leviticus 18 was specific as well, in the line after it that specified for both men and women, so this is not a mistake, or if it is, then God made a mistake.

Therefore, I have the aforementioned reason to believe being lesbian is not a sin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff