Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you know what it is?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 10, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

Maze1125
orochan
Everyone who has drunken dihydrogen monoxcide died. But then, every one who has breathed air has died too. *holds breath*
I've done both and I haven't died.

Note: Never said that as soon as you've done either (or both) you'd die.
TPauSilver
[~Muffins~]
Meh? All I know is it's some kind of chemical... sweatdrop

Dihydrogen - di = 2. Therefore H2
monoxide - mon - 1, oxide - oxygen. Therefore O

H2O

water

Wow, not even the first page and this thread is proven a joke. I tried this prank once and it got all the way to the third or second page.

Wow, Look at all the Hydrogen dioxide falling from the sky!! WE ARE DOOMED!
Oh yeah, I've experimented with dihydrogen monoxide so many times before I lose count. Gives me such a buzz.
Pyrokinetic #13
TPauSilver
[~Muffins~]

H2O

water

Wow, not even the first page and this thread is proven a joke. I tried this prank once and it got all the way to the third or second page.

It might do better in GD or Chatterbox. Though I'd choose GD- no bumpers.
This is starting to get really tired.

Sodium chloride is much more dangerous than dihydrogen monoxide. One of its components reacts violently with water and the other is formed from a highly toxic gas. There's no way that this stuff could be safe rolleyes .
Pyrokinetic #13

The most amusing thing about the entire episode is, some officials somewhere actually considered a ban on it (no, no link, it was in new scientist some time in the summer)
Yeah, or other wise known as H20 or water, don't post stupid comment such as this. it irratates senior gaians, go to chatterbox, can you say N00b?
Kwal
Yeah, or other wise known as H20 or water, don't post stupid comment such as this. it irratates senior gaians, go to chatterbox, can you say N00b?

You don't know the relevence of this do you? Many people that are "environmentally aware" (mainly the ones who join mass protests) don't know what dihydrogen monoxide is, and have even signed to ban it.
LtEarthworm
You don't know the relevence of this do you? Many people that are "environmentally aware" (mainly the ones who join mass protests) don't know what dihydrogen monoxide is, and have even signed to ban it.

It would be great if we were discussing that. However, this was only posted for the purpose of fooling people for a while. No Extended Discussion here, just a worn-out joke.

The fact that people would sign a petition like that makes me want to cry, anyway.
Foetus In Fetu
This is starting to get really tired.

Sodium chloride is much more dangerous than dihydrogen monoxide. One of its components reacts violently with water and the other is formed from a highly toxic gas. There's no way that this stuff could be safe rolleyes .

It's true. You can also use it to form one of the strongest aqueous acids known. (Well, using most sources of NaCl.) It's said you can buy all the tools you need to destroy the world at Revy or Home Hardware.

I proved this page a joke well onto the first page wink
Pyrokinetic #13
TPauSilver
[~Muffins~]

H2O

water

The hell is Hydrogen dioxide? HO2? stare
well, I'm theroughly dissapointed. I expected to see the standard e-mail on the first page, then at least half a page of "OMFGZ ME SHUD BN IT!" before someone who knew something got a word in edgeways...

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Cute little joke, but I've seen it before.
labatyd

The hell is Hydrogen dioxide? HO2? stare

...these chemicals can't form that kind of bond...ever
H = makes one bond
O = makes two

So they could form any of these compounds:
O=O
H-O-H
H-H
oh my god water is going to kill us. whats next, O2 causeing cancer?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff