Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
"My main issue with a lot of pro-lifers is that they tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point, which is unfair seeing as not everyone practices the same religion."

Someone doesn't necessarily have to be religious whatsoever, to be pro-life. I have a brother who is an atheist, and he is pro-life. He personally finds it morally wrong. But that's just him. I'm not sure what is meant by "tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point"? Like what?

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Love Muffin88
"My main issue with a lot of pro-lifers is that they tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point, which is unfair seeing as not everyone practices the same religion."

Someone doesn't necessarily have to be religious whatsoever, to be pro-life. I have a brother who is an atheist, and he is pro-life. He personally finds it morally wrong. But that's just him. I'm not sure what is meant by "tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point"? Like what?

Something like bashing people who receive abortions (or those who believe it's a woman's choice), or protest outside abortion clinics and calling people baby-killers because their religion finds abortion to be naughty.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Ontological Empiricism
Love Muffin88

Something like bashing people who receive abortions (or those who believe it's a woman's choice), or protest outside abortion clinics and calling people baby-killers because their religion finds abortion to be naughty.
Right, because All Pro-Lifers are religious.......

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Love Muffin88

No, but I was answering Love Muffin88's question on how a religious pro-lifer condones their behavior through said religious views, sweetheart. You might want to try reading. It works wonders. wink

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Love Muffin88

No, but I was answering Love Muffin88's question on how a religious pro-lifer condones their behavior through said religious views, sweetheart. You might want to try reading. It works wonders. wink
Condescension doesn't suit you, please don't talk down to me like I'm 5

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Love Muffin88

Then you can curb your sarcasm at the door. It isn't my fault when you can't read context, or put words in my mouth.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Love Muffin88

Then you can curb your sarcasm at the door. It isn't my fault when you can't read context, or put words in my mouth.
Your post insinuated that Pro-Lifers are such because of religious beliefs. There was no putting words in your mouth, and it's not an issue of context. Had you said Most Pro-Lifers, then I'd have no beef. But you simply stated Pro-Lifers, in a general sense that is understood to mean all.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph

Your post insinuated that Pro-Lifers are such because of religious beliefs. There was no putting words in your mouth, and it's not an issue of context. Had you said Most Pro-Lifers, then I'd have no beef. But you simply stated Pro-Lifers, in a general sense that is understood to mean all.

Ontological Empiricism

Point out where I said the word "Pro-lifers", please.

Love Muffin88 said: I'm not sure what is meant by "tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point"? Like what?

Naturally, I was referring to the religious pro-lifers, because that was what we are talking about, savvy?

3,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism
Pro Life Nymph
Ontological Empiricism

Ontological Empiricism

Point out where I said the word "Pro-lifers", please.

Love Muffin88 said: I'm not sure what is meant by "tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point"? Like what?

Naturally, I was referring to the religious pro-lifers, because that was what we are talking about, savvy?
I'll correct myself. She said Pro-lifers in a way to insinuate all, but you continued on with the line of thought, without correcting for a section of the whole, therefore your post continued along the All line of thought.
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland

Uh, actually, a lot of people give a s**t. The study was actually used in making fetal surgeries less painful and risky for the baby.

Sometimes I wish your own mother had the same attitude towards life. Then I wouldn't be here arguing with you. Err... -You- wouldn't be here arguing with me, rather.

Pro Life Nymph is pro-birth, and rattking is pro-abortion. Pro-life is about the preservation of life, that includes sacrificing the fetus if the mother is in danger. People don't kill "lower life forms" needlessly. We kill them for food and products. Why not go the route of China and at least give the United States one more thing to snack on?

lol

i don't think you fully understand what being pro-choice means. it doesn't mean 'yay we hope everyone gets an abortion'. it means 'we realize that it's a really horrible, shitty idea to try to force women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term'. hth.

I personally don't think it's a horrible idea. I also don't think that I should be telling anyone what to do with their bodies, to a certain extent. It's not a shitty idea to live with your mistakes, if that mistake is old enough (say, 20-28 weeks) to survive on their own. On demand abortion, like anything on demand, can be abused. "Ohh but its her body blah blah" well we don't legalize the consumption of drugs like meth and coke, do we? After all, it's not up to us to tell others what they can and can't do!

abortion - just like doing drugs! you heard it here first folks

Well if you are going to go with the whole "It's mah body, I do what I want!" then yeah, you are saying that it's okay for one thing to be done with your body, but not with another thing?

Drugs are "dangerous" for your body. Pregnancy can also be "dangerous" for your body, and so can abortion. Where do you want society to draw the line on allowing you to "do whatever you want with your body"?

this is a ridiculous comparison and you damn well know it

good god. get an actual argument or shut the ******** up.

oh wait, therre is no good actual argument in favour of being prolife.

just shut up then.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland

Uh, actually, a lot of people give a s**t. The study was actually used in making fetal surgeries less painful and risky for the baby.

Sometimes I wish your own mother had the same attitude towards life. Then I wouldn't be here arguing with you. Err... -You- wouldn't be here arguing with me, rather.

Pro Life Nymph is pro-birth, and rattking is pro-abortion. Pro-life is about the preservation of life, that includes sacrificing the fetus if the mother is in danger. People don't kill "lower life forms" needlessly. We kill them for food and products. Why not go the route of China and at least give the United States one more thing to snack on?

lol

i don't think you fully understand what being pro-choice means. it doesn't mean 'yay we hope everyone gets an abortion'. it means 'we realize that it's a really horrible, shitty idea to try to force women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term'. hth.

I personally don't think it's a horrible idea. I also don't think that I should be telling anyone what to do with their bodies, to a certain extent. It's not a shitty idea to live with your mistakes, if that mistake is old enough (say, 20-28 weeks) to survive on their own. On demand abortion, like anything on demand, can be abused. "Ohh but its her body blah blah" well we don't legalize the consumption of drugs like meth and coke, do we? After all, it's not up to us to tell others what they can and can't do!

Well if you are going to go with the whole "It's mah body, I do what I want!" then yeah, you are saying that it's okay for one thing to be done with your body, but not with another thing?

Drugs are "dangerous" for your body. Pregnancy can also be "dangerous" for your body, and so can abortion. Where do you want society to draw the line on allowing you to "do whatever you want with your body"?

just shut up then.

Soo, you -don't- have an explanation for wanting the government to allow ONE harmful thing, but not any of the others? Barring cigarettes and alcohol, which is mainly for profit, what makes you believe that abortion is has more benefits than dangers? And people still debate to this day what and when makes a human being a human being.

Don't treat me like an idiot because I disagree with you.
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland

just shut up then.

Soo, you -don't- have an explanation for wanting the government to allow ONE harmful thing, but not any of the others? Barring cigarettes and alcohol, which is mainly for profit, what makes you believe that abortion is has more benefits than dangers? And people still debate to this day what and when makes a human being a human being.

my explanation is this: suggesting that getting an abortion is at all like doing drugs is stupid and shitty and sexist as ********, and i'm fairly certain you're well aware of that because seriously, how ******** stupid would you have to be to not realize that hey, telling someone that expelling an unwanted and potentially dangerous thing from their body (that is, a fetus) is totally just the same as ingesting likely harmful substances is really ******** offensive and a completely false equivalency, to boot? which is why i sort of think you're trolling right now.

that said - it also really doesn't ******** matter if the fetus is ~realy alive~ or not because either way - it's in a woman's body! it doesn't have a right to be there if she doesn't want it to be. whether or not it's a person has no ******** bearing on whether or not she should have the right to expel it from her uterus.

pro-lifers of all stripes, at their core, hold the belief that women are incubation-machines - because otherwise they wouldn't be pro-life. the moment you say women should be forced to carry unwanted pregnancies of any kind, resulting from whatever situation, to term, you're sayingn women are nothing more than baby-carrying chambers. that is sexist as ******** and that is why all pro-lifers are misogynists.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers
Phallic Wonderland

just shut up then.

my explanation is this: suggesting that getting an abortion is at all like doing drugs is stupid and shitty and sexist as ********, and i'm fairly certain you're well aware of that because seriously, how ******** stupid would you have to be to not realize that hey, telling someone that expelling an unwanted and potentially dangerous thing from their body (that is, a fetus) is totally just the same as ingesting likely harmful substances is really ******** offensive and a completely false equivalency, to boot? which is why i sort of think you're trolling right now.

that said - it also really doesn't ******** matter if the fetus is ~realy alive~ or not because either way - it's in a woman's body! it doesn't have a right to be there if she doesn't want it to be. whether or not it's a person has no ******** bearing on whether or not she should have the right to expel it from her uterus.

pro-lifers of all stripes, at their core, hold the belief that women are incubation-machines - because otherwise they wouldn't be pro-life. the moment you say women should be forced to carry unwanted pregnancies of any kind, resulting from whatever situation, to term, you're sayingn women are nothing more than baby-carrying chambers. that is sexist as ******** and that is why all pro-lifers are misogynists.

Lol, I was only presenting drugs because if we are going with the notion to do whatever we want and have it be acceptable in that regard, why aren't more people also fighting for the right to shoot up, or snort coke, since what they do to themselves shouldn't be anyone else's business, even if it affects another person that they may be living with.

People just hold the amazing ability to grow something so complex higher than others. To belittle the ability to give birth, while not ALL we are made for, just seems rather odd to me.

Why are you cursing at me?

EDIT: It's sexist as ******** to only allow women to do what they want with their bodies and not men. Which is why I brought in the drugs.

Fanatical Prophet

I think ED should have an Abortion Sub-Board. I mean, how would that look? Among every thing we'll just have 'Abortions' up there. Maybe with a little flavor text underneath that reads "All abortions, all the time!". Something to that effect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff