Canadian border farmers say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology
professors, animal-rights activists and Unitarians crossing their fields
at night. "I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a
Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield,
whose acreage borders North Dakota.

"The producer was cold, exhausted and hungry. He asked me if I could
spare a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he
left.Didn't even get a chance to show him my screenplay."
In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals
scaled them. So he tried installing speakers that blare Rush Limbaugh
across the fields. "Not real effective," he said. "The liberals still
got through, and Rush annoyed the cows so much they wouldn't give milk."

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals
near the Canadian border, pack them into Volvo station wagons, drive them
across the border and leave them to fend for themselves.

"A lot of these people are not prepared for rugged conditions," an
Ontario border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a drop of drinking
water. They did have a nice little Napa Valley cabernet, though."

When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often
wailing loudly that they fear retribution from conservatives. Rumors have been
circulating about the Bush administration establishing re-education
camps in which liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer and watch NASCAR.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are
creating an organic-broccoli shortage and renting all the good Susan Sarandon
movies.

"I feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't
support them," an Ottawa resident said. "How many art-history majors
does one country need?"

In an effort to ease tensions between the United States and Canada, Vice
President d**k Cheney met with the Canadian ambassador and pledged that
the administration would take steps to reassure liberals, a source close to
Cheney said.

"We're going to have some Peter, Paul & Mary concerts. And we might put
some endangered species on postage stamps. The president is determined
to reach out," he said.

I would like to hear responses to this piece of writing.
Now before you all explode about this being anti-democrat propganda I would like to say that;
a. It is simply a piece of humor writing that I encountred. Don't take it too seriously.
b. The author insults both US parties in his work, I simply chose to post this one because it speaks of two countries rather than simply the US of A.
Now then,
What do Canadians think of the writing, if you were told that one of your countrymen wrote it would you be apt to believe me? Has immagration from the state really been an issue?
What do citizens of the US think? Do you personally find it humorous?
And for everyone, what do you think of the topics addressed?
I've heard about this, and I think it's hilarious! If I could I'd flee too! But seriously, it is nerve-racking to see what will happen, especially with what's happened these past four years! Hopefully it'll pass and the future will be safe, unless Jeb runs...*screams*
Actually it is true that we had to close off Canadian borders due to excessive immigrations, but it's from the world in general, not just people from the States. Being the neutral, free country we are, most people tend to seek refuge here, ranging from war victims, political refugees to even people who didn't want to participate in it's country's wars. That and the everyday families that jsut want to move to a new land xp
Heh...Canadian here. Actually, I think that it's quite funny - very witty. I don't think that there is any immigration problem, but I'm not terribly interested in politics.
DoomNeko
Actually it is true that we had to close off Canadian borders due to excessive immigrations, but it's from the world in general, not just people from the States. being the neutral, free country we are, most people tend to seek refuge here, ranging from war victims, political refugees to even people who didn't want to participate in it's country's wars. That and the everyday families that jsut want to move to a new land xp
People see Canada as the "greener grass", I don't think that most people realize that every country has their own brown patches, but people hear so little about Canada's faults they think that Canada must be a Utopia.
This may be funny, however it belongs in the Politics Forum.

Thanks.
Epimyth
DoomNeko
Actually it is true that we had to close off Canadian borders due to excessive immigrations, but it's from the world in general, not just people from the States. being the neutral, free country we are, most people tend to seek refuge here, ranging from war victims, political refugees to even people who didn't want to participate in it's country's wars. That and the everyday families that jsut want to move to a new land xp
People see Canada as the "greener grass", I don't think that most people realize that every country has their own brown patches, but people hear so little about Canada's faults they think that Canada must be a Utopia.

Not quite a Utopia, but I'd rather live here than in the States (no offence).
Epimyth

Well, apart maybe from our never-ending debates, some political clean-up to do, medical waiting lines to be shortened, a present lack of jobs that should clear up in the next 10 years and an inbalance in provincial fundings, there isn't really anything I could point out as faults.
Hah! I think it's hilarious, especially the bit about Rush Limbaugh. Where did you find that?
DoomNeko
Epimyth

Well, apart maybe from our never-ending debates, some political clean-up to do, medical waiting lines to be shortened, a present lack of jobs that should clear up in the next 10 years and an inbalance in provincial fundings, there isn't really anything I could point out as faults.

I speaking about the general US population, half the people I known can't even name one Canadan politician, let alone mention anything political about it.
SilverSkyDragon
Hah! I think it's hilarious, especially the bit about Rush Limbaugh. Where did you find that?
My local library. Let us all celebrate our local libraries.
Epimyth
I speaking about the general US population, half the people I known can't even name one Canadan politician, let alone mention anything political about it.

Aye, everyone's quick to forget us in the world scene, as we're always working in the background and nothing ever happens to us. xp
The cold must be an event-repellent or something xd
DoomNeko
Epimyth

Aye, everyone's quick to forget us in the world scene, as we're always working in the background and nothing ever happens to us. xp
I wish I could go to Canada, I love the cold, then again I grew up in Colorado, so that might explain it.
And don't feel neglected, it's a well known fact that the general US student has a very bad sense of Geography (I'm happy to be an expection, thanks to a certain teacher who made Geography a requirement for three years in a row.)
i am an american, and i have come to the conclusion that most (more than 90%) of canadians are librals. stop complaining about americans and worry about your own problems. if that director wants to move, let him, no problem, but he should at least have the spine to pay for it. those kind of people bug me.

those topics have no tie to eachother, just some things i wanted to get off my back. but please, if you are a canadian bush supporter, then pls i beg you, pm me. i would like to know ^_^

i doubt it... but...
Epimyth
DoomNeko
Epimyth

I wish I could go to Canada, I love the cold, then again I grew up in Colorado, so that might explain it.
And don't feel neglected, it's a well known fact that the general US student has a very bad sense of Geography (I'm happy to be an expection, thanks to a certain teacher who made Geography a requirement for three years in a row.)

Then again, not every school even brings Canada into topic when it comes to geography. I've seen reports of some schools that just show a map to students and say "This is what you have to learn, all the states, events, yada yada... oh and this grey mass at the top here is Canada, but we don't cover that".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff