Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Member 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Native American reservations.

Discussion.

What say you?
they should all turn over to united states law and land. join the u.s. and build bad a** history museums/ libraries dedicated to local native heritage.

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
Let them do whatever they want with them. They had the land first.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Considering Europens came to north america and said ******** YALL WE WANT DIS HERE LAND. I say let them have it.

Mega Noob

Build factories near the reservation and drain the groundwater from beneath it. Then poison their cattle and sell them watered-down beef. Subsidize booze. Then when they have broken, buy them out. You know, business as usual.

Greedy Consumer

Sounds like a middle school project assignment this 'discussion'.

Anyways the native americans should have reservations except for the alcohol problems. But its their reservation to drink their life away I suppose, for the ones that do anyways. Howabout we actually google something and see if it needs reforming or not before giving our half-uneducated opinions?
I live in an area where I am SURROUNDED by reservations and I HATE it. So many of the Natives have SO much potential, yet all I see is drug trafficking, murder and gangs. Not to mention they aren't required to participate in classes
You mean concentration camps?
Yea we actually had a university class that actually dealt with the issues of the aboriginals and honestly, it's pretty ridiculous.

The Aboriginals don't even own their own ******** land, it's all crown land which is required to be regulated and controlled by the state.

The funds they receive are less than the average Canadian for the exact same thing, be it for healthcare, schooling, welfare, etc.
One of the things they should ATLEAST be getting is the same treatment as every day Canadians.

The reservations are falling apart and I think it's time the land was given specifically to the bands to do as they please.

They also deserve their proper treaty rights which they were guaranteed in the treaties that they signed.

Don't take my word for it, take former Prime Minister Paul Martin's instead.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Big mistake, on both sides

American indians need to learn that they must stop discriminating against themselves
My Dog Mr. Kitty

American indians need to learn that they must stop discriminating against themselves

What are you talking about?
Nobody owns the land. All that counts is how large a stick one has to scratch lines upon the surface, and how willing they are to use it.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty

By staying on reservations

They must learn to integrate themselves into America, like nearly everyone in America has done
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty

They must learn to integrate themselves into America, like nearly everyone in America has done

I can see why they wouldn't want to, since not too long ago children were still being kidnapped from their families to be raised by white Christian families, and have forgotten their culture. All for the sake of integrating.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty

I can see why they wouldn't want to, since not too long ago children were still being kidnapped from their families to be raised by white Christian families, and have forgotten their culture. All for the sake of integrating.

That's all in the past. Many blacks have moved on, as well as various other groups that have been persecuted in this country. There comes a time where you're not being harmed by anyone but yourself

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff