Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Girl

My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Big mistake, on both sides

American indians need to learn that they must stop discriminating against themselves

What are you talking about?

By staying on reservations

They must learn to integrate themselves into America, like nearly everyone in America has done

I can see why they wouldn't want to, since not too long ago children were still being kidnapped from their families to be raised by white Christian families, and have forgotten their culture. All for the sake of integrating.

That's all in the past. Many blacks have moved on, as well as various other groups that have been persecuted in this country. There comes a time where you're not being harmed by anyone but yourself
[Annoyed]

Why should they have to integrate with a society who still feels it's okay to dress up in racist caricatures of them?

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty

American indians need to learn that they must stop discriminating against themselves

They must learn to integrate themselves into America, like nearly everyone in America has done

I can see why they wouldn't want to, since not too long ago children were still being kidnapped from their families to be raised by white Christian families, and have forgotten their culture. All for the sake of integrating.

That's all in the past. Many blacks have moved on, as well as various other groups that have been persecuted in this country. There comes a time where you're not being harmed by anyone but yourself
[Annoyed]

Why should they have to integrate with a society who still feels it's okay to dress up in racist caricatures of them?

What, you mean like every social group has gone through/goes through?

I'm not saying they have to integrate, I'm saying it's what's best for everyone, including them
My Dog Mr. Kitty

That's right, racism doesn't exist anymore. Everything is fine now.
My Dog Mr. Kitty

I'm not saying they have to integrate, I'm saying it's what's best for everyone, including them

Really? Every ethnic group has been decimated or gone extinct because of colonialism and disease? Every ethnic group has had their land stolen from them and been beaten if they spoke their language in school?

Magical Girl

My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty

[Annoyed]

[Snide]

Yes, the traditionally white Americans have suffered so much bigotry in their history. And yet, you still haven't explained why they should want to integrate into a society that is obviously heinously racist towards them?

And what gives you the authority to say it's what's best for them?

Hilarious Prophet

My Dog Mr. Kitty

Persecuted groups integrate and still do because if they don't, they wouldn't survive in the oppressive new culture.
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

There aren't sports teams out there called the "Darkies" or the "Coloreds" that have a mascot of a black guy running around eating fried chicken, but there is a Washington Redskins, an Atlanta Braves, a Chicago Blackhawks, a Kansas City Chiefs, and a Cleveland Indians, all with racist caricatures of mascots like this

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Reservations? I want reservations. No need to wait at a restaurant is good.
I'm not sure about it, I mean, Manhattan was sold in a bad business deal, without conquest initially. War changes things, even among tribes. If the tribes had war policies between each other, then those policies would assist in determining interpretation of ownership today.

Hilarious Prophet

Michael Noire
I'm not sure about it, I mean, Manhattan was sold in a bad business deal, without conquest initially. War changes things, even among tribes. If the tribes had war policies between each other, then those policies would assist in determining interpretation of ownership today.
When are you talking about?
Xenoglossicist
My Dog Mr. Kitty
HMS Thunder Child
[Annoyed]

There aren't sports teams out there called the "Darkies" or the "Coloreds" that have a mascot of a black guy running around eating fried chicken, but there is a Washington Redskins, an Atlanta Braves, a Chicago Blackhawks, a Kansas City Chiefs, and a Cleveland Indians, all with racist caricatures of mascots like this

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's perfectly acceptable to dress as a racist stereotype of a Native American for Halloween yet if someone went in black face for Halloween, everyone would be offended. It amazes me how people don't see how they're both just as offensive.

Lucellus's Significant Otter

I'm utterly amused at people's arguments over this subject.

Simply put, we don't want to integrate into society.
We want to preserve our traditions and language.
The White people in our perspective haven't learned and felt
what it is like to lose everything. This land was ours first, so
why should we integrate?

I don't find it wrong if people want to dress up like a
stereotypical native on Halloween.
Then again, our tradition wear doesn't look like that.
From where I'm from, the women wore cedar,
and fur was saved for the winter months.

Sorry for the little rant ;;;
Have we paid back that 10 mil in trust funds yet?
No?
stfu white man.
Jacque De Molay
Michael Noire
When are you talking about?

new Amsterdam, 400 years ago

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty
scacchic
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Good lord, there's so much to unpack, and I didn't bring my gloves...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff