Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think people should stock up food for a disaster?

Are you cray cray? 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 2 ]
No 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 1 ]
3 days 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
1 week 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 2 ]
1 month 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 1 ]
3 months 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
6 months 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 2 ]
1 year 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 2 ]
Other 0.36363636363636 36.4% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
< 1 2

Suicidesoldier#1
Lady Kariel
I pretty much agree with everything you said. I think the problem is, people don't feel threatened enough to actually go about preparing themselves for a disaster. Hardly anyone I know keeps emergency food, water, and other necessities.

Well, the government already passes this stuff out, during a disaster right?

I just figure they could do so beforehand, so people could have what they needed before such an event, sort of like pre-disaster aid. In anticipation of a potential future disaster! blaugh

You could have different menus so to speak, for vegan people, vegetarian etc. but mostly have pre-planned meals with all the calories and vitamins and whatnot dividend up beforehand, and instruction manuals given. xp

Yep that makes sense. I guess there are a couple governments in third world countries that might not be able to adequately provide for their population though.

Fanatical Zealot

Lady Kariel
Suicidesoldier#1
Lady Kariel
I pretty much agree with everything you said. I think the problem is, people don't feel threatened enough to actually go about preparing themselves for a disaster. Hardly anyone I know keeps emergency food, water, and other necessities.

I just figure they could do so beforehand, so people could have what they needed before such an event, sort of like pre-disaster aid. In anticipation of a potential future disaster! blaugh

You could have different menus so to speak, for vegan people, vegetarian etc. but mostly have pre-planned meals with all the calories and vitamins and whatnot dividend up beforehand, and instruction manuals given. xp

Yep that makes sense. I guess there are a couple governments in third world countries that might not be able to adequately provide for their population though.

Yeah, that's probably the biggest issue, but they could at least give people lists of what to get and let them essentially buy it from the government, or something. xp
Suicidesoldier#1
Lady Kariel
Suicidesoldier#1
Lady Kariel

Yeah, that's probably the biggest issue, but they could at least give people lists of what to get and let them essentially buy it from the government, or something. xp

That would be a good move.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces