Welcome to Gaia! ::

The words of a homophobic North Carolina preacher are reverberating around the Internet today, following a sermon in which he advocated physically assaulting toddlers with "limp wrists."

The words of a homophobic North Carolina preacher are reverberating around the Internet today, following a sermon in which he advocated physically assaulting toddlers with "limp wrists."

Sean Harris, the senior pastor at Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, is a strong supporter of North Carolina's proposed antigay Amendment One. In Sunday's sermon, Harris screams like a maniac about cracking limp wrists and punching young children who exhibit gender-variant behavior. Girls playing sports are OK, but they must attempt to look pretty, according to Harris."

Listen to the audio:

www advocate com/society/religion/2012/05/01/north-carolina-pastor-advocates-punching-gay-acting-children

Here's his blog:
http://pastorseansblog.blogspot.com/

This makes me wonder.....how crazy does someone have to be before christians realize "hey, this does not mesh with what the bible says"? If a teacher or a coach said this they'd be fired but it seems he got a free pass. Why do we give religion such room?

And the biggest question: what the holy hell?
-Baptist
-North Carolina
-Preacher

Nothing new to see here.

Although I don't know why he says girls have to look pretty while playing sports. They're already awesome enough.
N3bu
-Baptist
-North Carolina
-Preacher

Nothing new to see here.

Although I don't know why he says girls have to look pretty while playing sports. They're already awesome enough.
Think he's a fan of the bikini bowl.
Bento the spazcat
N3bu
-Baptist
-North Carolina
-Preacher

Nothing new to see here.

Think he's a fan of the bikini bowl.

I'm not American, can it count as almost legitimate sport?
Ahhhhhh.....another mouth breather decides to go the fire and brimstone route while not understanding what he was calling for.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Us effeminate males shake our limp wrists at him!
And i should care what a backwoods retard has to say why....? stare
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ahhhhhh.....another mouth breather decides to go the fire and brimstone route while not understanding what he was calling for.
Yeah..but good lord, why do they get a free pass when anyone else would be demonized....
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe
Yeah..but good lord, why do they get a free pass when anyone else would be demonized....

You're aware that 99% of these dickwads get ran out of their church shortly after, right? It just doesn't make good news coverage, so they ignore that or put it on page 487 of the paper.
He'll catch ten pounds of hell for that stupid comment, primarily for threatening to harm children, but the churches usually operate out of the media spotlight when it comes to internal matters.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe

Not sure - maybe because if anyone objects to religious leaders they tend to claim they're being persecuted for their beliefs?
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe

You're aware that 99% of these dickwads get ran out of their church shortly after, right?
I havn't seen anyone get run out after things like this....

Quote:
It just doesn't make good news coverage, so they ignore that or put it on page 487 of the paper.
He'll catch ten pounds of hell for that stupid comment, primarily for threatening to harm children, but the churches usually operate out of the media spotlight when it comes to internal matters.
yeah, hope he gets out because..well, WWJD? not that, that's for sure.
O.o That is just scary. Awfull.
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe

You're aware that 99% of these dickwads get ran out of their church shortly after, right?
I havn't seen anyone get run out after things like this....

Quote:
It just doesn't make good news coverage, so they ignore that or put it on page 487 of the paper.
yeah, hope he gets out because..well, WWJD? not that, that's for sure.

I've seen a few, usually due to knowing someone in that particular area who attends the church or is in the congregation, and I haven't seen one time yet they haven't been relieved of their duties.
Remember that dipshit in Tennessee that refused to marry an interracial couple and said it was wrong? Media had a field day with that. Guess what? He was booted from the ministry within days. I don't mean transferred to another church. He was relieved of his duties.
But the media never bothered to carry that. The church leaders actually said the reason that there wasn't a rule about it was, they didn't think there needed to be one saying interracial couples were okay!
Old Blue Collar Joe

I've seen a few, usually due to knowing someone in that particular area who attends the church or is in the congregation, and I haven't seen one time yet they haven't been relieved of their duties.
Remember that dipshit in Tennessee that refused to marry an interracial couple and said it was wrong? Media had a field day with that. Guess what? He was booted from the ministry within days. I don't mean transferred to another church. He was relieved of his duties.
didn't know....guess they hushed it enough that we didn't hear out west.
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe

didn't know....guess they hushed it enough that we didn't hear out west.

You'll see a lot of bashing of the christians/religious. Funny thing is, you can find a lot of people who will dig until they find a story. This is one story out of how many? I know most southern towns have more churches than bars, so...that is like saying you found a cookie at Nabisco to hear a stupid comment out of tens of thousands of churches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff