Welcome to Gaia! ::

amendment 1well right now we have a law being voted on that would element all civil unions. So that's what all this stupid s**t is about.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Jesus does not "crack wrists". neutral
Old Blue Collar Joe
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe

I've seen a few, usually due to knowing someone in that particular area who attends the church or is in the congregation, and I haven't seen one time yet they haven't been relieved of their duties.
Remember that dipshit in Tennessee that refused to marry an interracial couple and said it was wrong? Media had a field day with that. Guess what? He was booted from the ministry within days. I don't mean transferred to another church. He was relieved of his duties.
didn't know....guess they hushed it enough that we didn't hear out west.

You'll see a lot of bashing of the christians/religious. Funny thing is, you can find a lot of people who will dig until they find a story. This is one story out of how many? I know most southern towns have more churches than bars, so...that is like saying you found a cookie at Nabisco to hear a stupid comment out of tens of thousands of churches.
Point taken.

Aged Lunatic

Old Blue Collar Joe
Bento the spazcat
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ahhhhhh.....another mouth breather decides to go the fire and brimstone route while not understanding what he was calling for.
Yeah..but good lord, why do they get a free pass when anyone else would be demonized....

You're aware that 99% of these dickwads get ran out of their church shortly after, right? It just doesn't make good news coverage, so they ignore that or put it on page 487 of the paper.
He'll catch ten pounds of hell for that stupid comment, primarily for threatening to harm children, but the churches usually operate out of the media spotlight when it comes to internal matters.

Either that or he'll get invited to the conservative lecture and right wing talk show circuit as a victim of "anti-religion" bigotry or a victim of the "homosexual agenda".

Aged Lunatic

Yoshpet

But he will flip tables and take a bullwhip to people Simon Belmont style. Which is pretty violent if you've seen the damage that bullwhips can do.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'd like to crack that guy's wrists and punch him for his religion. neutral

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
One guy saying something very stupid is nothing to be concerned about
GunsmithKitten
Yoshpet

But he will flip tables and take a bullwhip to people Simon Belmont style. Which is pretty violent if you've seen the damage that bullwhips can do.

Yeah, but, that was a special occasion where people were being conned in usury style manner on exchange rates for money right in front of the temple.

And, for all the screaming right wingers like to make that the U.S. is a christian state, well, why the hell are they guys christ actually took a bullwhip to running the place?

Hmmm?

cat_whee

As for the pastor, I wish he was a 1 in 10,000 guy. He's not. And people like him hold too much influence in politics for my liking.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Queen Shining Heaven

It is when it reflects the sentiments of an alarmingly large percentage of the community...

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I AM R U
Queen Shining Heaven

It is when it reflects the sentiments of an alarmingly large percentage of the community...

What community? The community of that town? How many people do you know with sentiments like these?
If nothing else, the guy has some stones. I mean he must have known the shitstorm that would ensue from him saying these things.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
GunsmithKitten
Yoshpet

I had never heard the bullwhip part before. That's kind of hilarious, actually.
Queen Shining Heaven
I AM R U
Queen Shining Heaven

What community? The community of that town? How many people do you know with sentiments like these?

Enough... and they are loud, vocal, have political clout and would willingly see their enemies and the "ungodly" cleansed from this god fearing nation of the united states.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Queen Shining Heaven
I AM R U
Queen Shining Heaven

Perhaps not exactly the same desire to beat up on us effeminate guys, but a considering the population of conservative Christians in the US who share similar anti-homosexual sentiments, his comment is not only NOT surprising, but represents an aspect of society that actually thinks like that.

As to how many people I know personally who would agree with that, I do know a few. I got beaten up enough to that effeminate guys are not welcome in the change rooms.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
NeonKitten
Queen Shining Heaven
I AM R U
Queen Shining Heaven

Enough... and they are loud, vocal, have political clout and would willingly see their enemies and the "ungodly" cleansed from this god fearing nation of the united states.

You refer to the Religious Right, I suppose?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff