Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you believe in god

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 8, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Ok i dunno if i believe in god and stuff. But I have a theory that i think about sometimes. What if the Virgin Mary wasnt really a virgin? Wut if she had and affair with Joseph's best friend, and then to cover it up she said that it was god's will and that an angel came and told her. And then she drugged Joseph and he had a dream of an angel coming and telling him. or wut if the people that wrote the bible all got drunk and just decided to write a book about a new religion. And then they passed it on to people as they got older and just told them to make some stuff up and when the book is done to distribute it to people, and created this big religion that it is now. And i also wonder how their can be so many different religions and so many different gods and people can still believe that theirs is the right one. And where does god live? and where did he get created from? lol well im done now later
You honestly think a drunk person would be able to write the Bible?
you think too much... blaugh
There are lots of questions about religion...so you just have to have faith, I guess.
And I don't think that you're the first one to propose that theory --but the poll was good!
The bible wasn't written in one sitting, it was many accounts of different people put into one book. That's why there's different accounts of the same event in some places.

And, Mary wouldn't have been able to drug Joseph like that.

So, no.
that makes me wonder.........
That is not a theory.
in accordance to your poll: Which god?
then again jesus could of been sent here to throw us off so we can pray which gives god more power to kill more people with sweatdrop
Religion was created for compassion, compaionship, and a view on the creation/afterlife.

As for the "Many accounts" Yeah, it's like when people miles upon miles away said they saw the star on the day of Jesus's birth. Also, when the sky darkened. Lot's of people took an account of that also... So... Religion is something created for compassion, compaionship, and a view on the afterlife/creation. Yup...

I agree with chaoticpuppet, Which god?

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
yeah, "God" doesnt have to mean the Judeo-Christian God. there are maaany many others to consider too biggrin
was having a random convo with a friend when they said:
I'm watching Malcom, and Duey was like: "I was messing with ants, blah blah blah blah, and after I smited them, I realized that they could've been praying to me all day and I wouldn't have heard a thing. SO we really can't do anything about it."
I believe in God, But I don't follow him, I talk with God, but I don't always listen. If I need help I may ask him, But then again I may ask another....personally all these gods have been here for a long time and somewhere there has to be some truth to it. So I believe in them. I Just walk my own path thats all.
Phoenixfire99
yeah, "God" doesnt have to mean the Judeo-Christian God. there are maaany many others to consider too biggrin

Yeah, but he's dubbed solely as "God" therefore he's always the one referenced with it. So one would have to specify another god.
Um... no. First of all, a person couldn't have possible hand-written upwards of 1,500 pages of Hebrew (probably much more) while remaining drunk the whole time. Secondly, I seriously doubt a drunkard could remember or create that much history.

Besides, your reasoning has a big flaw: If people were just trying to make up a religion, why would they create a supreme deity and strict ethical laws to regulate their lives? If anything, wouldn't they make themselves the divine rulers and abandon all ethics? After all, given the chance to create a religion that the greater part of the known world would grow to follow, most people would just try to justify their own desires and urges.

And that's my two cents.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces