Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apperently my dog bit some kids face open today and now he has to be put down or whatever, dad said he'll just kill him and show the cops the body (is that even legal)

But this is where the discussion exists, My dad owns like 4 guns, 3 rifles and a pistol a like .38 or some s**t, He takes the dog out to the field and he doesn't want blood on his face so he looks away and shoots, hitting my dog in the leg, now I'm in the car on my phone, and a few seconds before my dad and doge got out, I cracked a joke about how a reall man would kill him with a knife, so I gave him his knife also!

When I heard the dog crying in pain, I was like "holy s**t my dads a psycho" and he comes back and the dogs still crying and he says "son hand me my box" and I'm oblivious to what happened so I said (you'll never guess) "what happened dad" he said he only needed one bullet loaded at any given time (don't know why) and that he looked away when he shot, and now the dog is still very much alive and in pain.

He loaded up like all 6 rounds and I hear him fire 3 of them, My dad just tripled tapped some stupid rotty/pit bull breed I have had for a good 3 years.

What the ********.

So I'm curious, Is putting them to sleep 10x more painless? Or does (when properly fired) a gun just do that too?

And why are people so shallow that they need your dog killed because he bit your stupid s**t kids face, he probably deserved it.

Do you wholefully agree with the execution of dangerous animals? And how was your day? Did your dad shoot your dog?

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Is this story for real?
Hikarulawl
Is this story for real?

The ******** nerve.

And yes it's real! Would you like to see my dead dog?!

Shameless Man-Lover

Your father sounds a bit insane. Like, seriously, why didn't he just go put the dog down like a normal person? It's much less painful and horrible. I was there when they put my dog down, and she didn't cry or anything. Seemed pretty humane.

But, I don't know what state you live in. You might not have needed to put the dog down. In IL, it's a three bite rule. The dog has to bite three people before you're forced to put it down. Which I think is fair.
this rainbow lover
Your father sounds a bit insane. Like, seriously, why didn't he just go put the dog down like a normal person? It's much less painful and horrible. I was there when they put my dog down, and she didn't cry or anything. Seemed pretty humane.

But, I don't know what state you live in. You might not have needed to put the dog down. In IL, it's a three bite rule. The dog has to bite three people before you're forced to put it down. Which I think is fair.

My dad is pretty crazy and pretty old, I asked him again and mentioned the three bite rule and he told me the lady threaded to sue, so my dad just up and decided to kill my dog, I live in California, bite rules are pretty crazy and they sometimes vary.

My dad's been sued before so I'm guessing that's why he went with just shoot it

Fanatical Zealot

Well, that sounds pretty horrible D:

It's awful to kill any dog, and it's not like he wants to, so saying that he should be a "real man" and use a knife is just disturbing.

If you brought them to a vet, it's not like it would be any nicer, or that you wouldn't cringe or look away, so this shows he's fairly humane.

Back in the old day, it's how they used to put animals down, and to be honest, a bullet is much faster than nerve poison, as long as you hit them in the head. A blow to the head = instant death, and your brain can't feel pain, either.

That being said, since this is California, I doubt this is even legal, and someone might have called the cops for a gun being discharged.

Then again, since it's California, no-one may notice a few random gun shots...

Tipsy Smoker

If your dog bit some kids face off then he deserved every bit of that pain and more.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
So th' man wants ta' kill th' dog ta' avoid a lawsuit and decides he doesn't wanna proparly aim his gun and closes his eyes when tryin' ta' kill th' dog in one shot? Does he also close his eyes when he takes a standin' piss and doesn't wanna hit th' toilet, 'cause he doesn't want ta' see pee?

Also hes gonna kill th' dog wit' a gun and he be more worried 'bout his clothes? Did he not think ta' jus' brin' extra rag clothes ta' wear when he shot th' dog? Riskin' trouble by firin' multiple bullets while outside in public where people can hear. And then what? Yer eitha' left wit' a dead dog wit' bullets in it er leavin' a dead dog wit' bullets in it out in a field. Fer a person who did this ta' avoid a threatened lawsuit he didn't plan it very well since he could have easily jus' ya know, brought it ta' a vet and put it down wit' no hassle er mess

Invisible Senshi

So I'm curious, Is putting them to sleep 10x more painless? Or does (when properly fired) a gun just do that too?
Yes.
I guess guns can do the same thing, but there's more of a mess. Not many people want to know that their precious animal was shot, so they would usually have it put down. Peacefully.

And why are people so shallow that they need your dog killed because he bit your stupid s**t kids face, he probably deserved it.
Well, the dog bit a kid. It got the "blood lust." It will do it again.
An "uncle" I used to know had a pit bull that would hop over the fence and chase people. (Usually on bikes.) He used to laugh and brag about it. (That dog's name was SHANE. HAHAHA!!!) Then he got mad because the dog got ahold of a kid on his bike. In my opinion, I think animals should be put down if it bites someone...(except for when kids stick their hands through gates. And adults getting bitten when they break into someone's house. Sometimes people ask to get hurt; they KNOW what is on the other side.)

Do you wholefully agree with the execution of dangerous animals? And how was your day? Did your dad shoot your dog?
Yes.
My day was nice. No drama. Yay.
...I do not know my dad and I do not have a dog.
Suicidesoldier#1

It's awful to kill any dog, and it's not like he wants to, so saying that he should be a "real man" and use a knife is just disturbing.

If you brought them to a vet, it's not like it would be any nicer, or that you wouldn't cringe or look away, so this shows he's fairly humane.

Back in the old day, it's how they used to put animals down, and to be honest, a bullet is much faster than nerve poison, as long as you hit them in the head. A blow to the head = instant death, and your brain can't feel pain, either.

That being said, since this is California, I doubt this is even legal, and someone might have called the cops for a gun being discharged.

That's why he was talking to the cops.

My dad's a way older guy then I originally let on, He's 53 which I guess is pretty young for old but he seems like he acts way older then that..if that makes sense

Fanatical Zealot

Project ButterBalls REGEN
Suicidesoldier#1

My dad's a way older guy then I originally let on, He's 53 which I guess is pretty young for old but he seems like he acts way older then that..if that makes sense

Yeah, kind of sucks D:

But, yeah, sorry about your dog. ._.

It always sucks; my dog got put down and I couldn't even go to the vet and watch.

I dug the hole for it to be buried, but I couldn't watch the whole thing go down. emo '

It may seem crazy ,but it's what they used to do in the old days, especially on farms.

Did he come from a farm?
Zultim
Yes.
I guess guns can do the same thing, but there's more of a mess. Not many people want to know that their precious animal was shot, so they would usually have it put down. Peacefully.

Well, the dog bit a kid. It got the "blood lust." It will do it again.
An "uncle" I used to know had a pit bull that would hop over the fence and chase people. (Usually on bikes.) He used to laugh and brag about it. (That dog's name was SHANE. HAHAHA!!!) Then he got mad because the dog got ahold of a kid on his bike. In my opinion, I think animals should be put down if it bites someone...(except for when kids stick their hands through gates. And adults getting bitten when they break into someone's house. Sometimes people ask to get hurt; they KNOW what is on the other side.)

Yes.
My day was nice. No drama. Yay.
...I do not know my dad and I do not have a dog.

Ah okay, But that's why this whole thing just seems weird, the dog to my knowledge stays in the yard, This yard is like 30 acres? Give or take, my dad rents it out to people who want to grow crops or "store" animals.

And the fence is high enough, and no stubby pit bull b*****d is gonna jump over it..
Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Yeah, kind of sucks D:

It always sucks; my dog got put down and I couldn't even go to the vet and watch.

I dug the hole for it to be buried, but I couldn't watch the whole thing go down. emo '

It may seem crazy ,but it's what they used to do in the old days, especially on farms.

Did he come from a farm?

Yes he did in Iowa, he owns farmland in California, and just this particular field is where my dog stayed when it wasn't in use, it's fenced and everything and I live a block away so I'm around usually

Newbie Noob

Hikarulawl
Is this story for real?

The ******** nerve.

And yes it's real! Would you like to see my dead dog?!
Yes, I would.

But anyway, getting back to your questions.

Putting your dog to sleep can be painful if they don't actually put the dog to sleep first. Assuming this is real, it's a really good reason why you should always stay on target. So, anyway, which is better? If you already own a gun, then it will be much cheaper to use 1 round then it will be to inject the dog at a vet.

Fanatical Zealot

Suicidesoldier#1
Suicidesoldier#1

Yeah, kind of sucks D:

Did he come from a farm?

Yes he did in Iowa, he owns farmland in California, and just this particular field is where my dog stayed when it wasn't in use, it's fenced and everything and I live a block away so I'm around usually

Yeah, makes sense, it's what they used to do. :/

Sad, but the way it was back before vets; even when they came around, they stuck to the old ways and didn't do that often. It's not that uncommon. Still very sad though D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff