Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yep, over at avoiceformen.com, those wonderfully enlightened non-racist, non-misogynistic men's rights activists/youtubers, Girlwriteswhat and johntheother had a discussion on how much worse it is for men in the black community due to the matriarchal structure of black families.
It doesn't help that it's two white people discussing this either....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_C5ZcpbjQ&feature=g-all-a&list=PLE967F2331954665B&context=G2226ca2FAAAAAAAAHAA

..... Yes, they were serious. neutral

Personally, to me, this is worrisome. The level of racism and ignorance and sexism these two perpetuate (along with nearly everyone over at avoiceformen.com) is absolutely astounding. Not only does Girlwriteswhat and johntheother get majority positive comments and views on their channels, but many of the MRAs have the same exact perspectives.

However, I have watched many of these so-called "enlightening" videos by MRAs and I have noticed a tendency for them to be particularly hostile towards women of color, particularly, black women.

Many will speak about looking for foreign women to date who have not yet been "indoctrinated" with Western feminism. Which really means: Using their white male privilege to take advantage of minority women from developing countries with far less privilege and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxfDfUuMQJQ&feature=plcp&context=C430dd8eVDvjVQa1PpcFPvlc7fKylVrfaGMowyrKM9Wg2oQpsudjk=

The top comment under this video is: "i hate american women,i would rather go out with a nice asian girl than with a b***h like her."

Yay, racism/sexism! Yeah, Asian women! They're all submissive and s**t! Yeah! /sarcasm rolleyes

There is also this video posted by the man who runs avoiceformen.com, called "Kenyan Women Are Unspeakably Abusive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhjFQt3M1c&feature=plcp&context=C4087cd3VDvjVQa1PpcFPvlc7fKylVrfLAqqJFpEaWQNdQMlRtFGE=

After watching many excruciatingly painful videos from these men and having read the top comments, I've come to the recent conclusion that these MRAs are not only misogynists, but particularly hateful towards black women.
They truly are perfect examples of a powerful white supremist patriarchy still in-tact.

--So, opinions? Concerns? Thoughts?

--Is the stereotype/myth of the 'black matriarchy' still prevalent among white people today?

--Do you agree that there is bigotry against women of color, mainly black women, in the men's rights groups?

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Stuch BSc
Oprah.

/End Thread

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Meroko! heart

I'm not going to watch the videos because I've seen enough of them to know that the users don't fact check and that their entire message is bunk because it is built upon falsities. It doesn't surprise me if they're also racist assholes.

LET'S TEAR THIS MOTHER ********] MADRE PADRE DOWN!

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Girlwriteswhat's arguments are, in my experience, quite sound.

There are inequities on both sides of the fence, and if feminists want to avoid looking like monsters, they should support equal rights, not just women's rights.

I should have the right to opt out of the selective service, too.

I also deserve the ability to charge someone who commits rape against me with rape, not just assault.
Omorose Panya
Meroko! heart

I'm not going to watch the videos because I've seen enough of them to know that the users don't fact check and that their entire message is bunk because it is built upon falsities. It doesn't surprise me if they're also racist assholes.

LET'S TEAR THIS MOTHER ********] MADRE PADRE DOWN!

Omorose!! heart

The videos are honestly amusing to listen to, but then I realize that they are being serious and it ruins everything. xd In this video, the two eventually come to the conclusion that the feminists' hidden agenda is to get women (and you know they don't mean white women) to go on welfare and men kill eachother off so feminists can take over to establish a universal matriarchy.

Kinda sounds like an interesting sci-fi movie TBH. rofl

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Meroko_Love
Capricious Conundrum

There are inequities on both sides of the fence, and if feminists want to avoid looking like monsters, they should support equal rights, not just women's rights.

Yeah, if gays want equal rights, they should be supporting heterosexual rights as well.

Gays support the implimentation of extra rights that would apply to all citizens equally.

Whether or not they want to use those rights is another topic entirely.

btw, this entire topic is in bad taste. How do justify your statement asian women are all subservient submissive? Not to make you sound like a hypocrite or anything, but that's kinda racist.

Asian Girls -are- usually -nice- in my experience. Submissive? I can't possibly know biggrin and neither can you.

Aged Lunatic

Capricious Conundrum

I should have the right to opt out of the selective service, too.

I also deserve the ability to charge someone who commits rape against me with rape, not just assault.

********, I don't think the draft should exist for a number of reasons, and same on rape laws. I'm a feminist and happily support equal rights, and I'm not about to be ashamed of that label just because a few pathetic spawn of the mentality of Solanis and Dworkin are still spewing their bile.

But Girlwriteswhat is just another dyed in the wool thinly disguised misogynist who'll take a few good points and think that justifies the most ludicrous broadbrushing in her whole argument. ******** her and the clique she claims.

Ferocious Browser

I always did think minorities had more single parent households and that most of those parents were the moms because they tend to get saddled with kids more than men do anyway; and that that was a reason for the high levels of poverty among those women.
Meroko_Love
Capricious Conundrum

Yeah, if gays want equal rights, they should be supporting heterosexual rights as well.

Well they are not working to curtail or take money from heterosexuals.

Technically they are advocating increased freedom for everyone by expanding who can marry whom. These laws benefit the whole citizenry.

If they were advocating say straight couples having to turn over money to gay couples, or restricting heterosexual marriage, that would be more apt. But gay rights advocates do not engage in that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff