Welcome to Gaia! ::

Litherian's Waifu

Clean Member

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Before you judge right away I would appreciate if you read through it all and gave me your honest opinions. Please don't troll. Some basic info on me is that I'm admitting to be young and fickle, I have been heartbroken but that isn't what this is about because this has nothing to do with love. I'm not a pessimist, and I appreciate feedback. Thanks.

Relationships: Why I don't believe in them

I honestly do not want to be in a relationship again. I use to try to tell myself this with hope that someone will prove me wrong but I don’t pursue it anymore. How can I get better once I’ve had the best? Plus I know I’m capable of moving on. If people can mean everything then nothing what’s the point? What if I can only ever see someone who’s perfect for me as just a friend? What if someone I can moon over will never want me back? Why dwell? Why hurt myself? As we grow up, having these passionate lust-driven goals of being with someone deplete. We feel less, we break up, we don’t care. The media makes these simple-fix-situations larger deals than they really are.
User Image
User Image
& repeat
This ↑ is the truth behind 3 different kinds of relationships I see most often. If this is what I have to look forward to I don’t see why I’d keep doing it. Yes, lust is an amazing feeling that makes us do crazy things, but it only leads to pain if not ended before it starts. I won’t even put love into the equation because that’s a whole other topic for another day to explain.

No further explanation. emotion_c8

Though they may falter, relationships define us and help us grow. Sure, we can go on without them, but even as they fall apart, isn't there something to be gained from it? Wisdom perhaps? Not only that, but it's probably helped define you and built you up a great deal. I just wouldn't underestimate the power of relationships. They teach us how important it is to be tolerant, caring, and considerate towards one another... to have compromise and compassion. We can have these things without relationships, but relationships are paramount where these things are concerned.

Litherian's Waifu

Clean Member

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
WiiDSmoker
Question is are you going to stay single for the rest of your life? Not that I care, just something to think about.

I digress to the fact humans are a social animal and will strive for relationship as a means of comforting loneliness. However, some people do well with socializing without dating. You just happen to be one of those people.

Congratulations.

Thank you~ ^^
You seem to converse well too. Not sure if you're dating but hell if matters anyhow.

I just can't understand why some individuals crave the attention and affection so much.

Being single for the rest of my life sounds a lot better than being miserable and tied down to something I'd hate being in.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Wuvvie
WiiDSmoker
Question is are you going to stay single for the rest of your life? Not that I care, just something to think about.

I digress to the fact humans are a social animal and will strive for relationship as a means of comforting loneliness. However, some people do well with socializing without dating. You just happen to be one of those people.

Congratulations.

Thank you~ ^^
You seem to converse well too. Not sure if you're dating but hell if matters anyhow.

I just can't understand why some individuals crave the attention and affection so much.

Being single for the rest of my life sounds a lot better than being miserable and tied down to something I'd hate being in.

You may also be someone who thrives in a Poly relationship.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Do not worry too much, all thing fade in time. Who knows, you might find someone that you truly love and may live happy and healthy lives. If not, remember that you can just have friends to be with.

Darkesu's Darling

The thirst for affection can often only be quenched by a significant other.
Wuvvie
WiiDSmoker

Congratulations.

Thank you~ ^^

Miserable?
I have hope that everyone has someone out there, you'll absolutely know it when you find them, someone who will be your best friend, but forever more than friends. Lust fades, then there's a sparky kind of love, That love fades but there's another form after that. Your love forever reshapes and continues some stages longer than others.

That's just the way I see it, there's something more than just a relationship, I just wish more people would open their eyes, their minds and their hearts to the thought.

Litherian's Waifu

Clean Member

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Destiny Diamond Rush
Though they may falter, relationships define us and help us grow. Sure, we can go on without them, but even as they fall apart, isn't there something to be gained from it? Wisdom perhaps? Not only that, but it's probably helped define you and built you up a great deal. I just wouldn't underestimate the power of relationships. They teach us how important it is to be tolerant, caring, and considerate towards one another... to have compromise and compassion. We can have these things without relationships, but relationships are paramount where these things are concerned.
I have 2 strong friendships but the rest are acquaintances I don't trust. I'm not saying having close bonds with people is a bad thing and I won't encourage people to stop dating but I just find partnership in romantic circumstances are insignificant for my generation and those to come.

Litherian's Waifu

Clean Member

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Steam Punk Adept
Wuvvie
WiiDSmoker

Congratulations.

Thank you~ ^^

Noooo.... I'm a horrible person to be in a relationship because of my internal conflicts I'm trying to overcome and they've always held me back from being what ideal "girlfriends" are suppose to be. Basically I b***h about my life sucking to much and cry if I don't get attention after a week of separation and I'm clingy and insecure. Plus I will never share my partner. They're mine and if someone attempted a threesome I'd push them off the bed.

Litherian's Waifu

Clean Member

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hanma Selis
Do not worry too much, all thing fade in time. Who knows, you might find someone that you truly love and may live happy and healthy lives. If not, remember that you can just have friends to be with.

I already know how falling in love feels. It's awesome for a period but nothing perfect lasts forever lol smile
Exactly my point!! I have friends! I don't need a partner.

Litherian's Waifu

Clean Member

10,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Sir Fharlanghn
The thirst for affection can often only be quenched by a significant other.
Or cutting.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Wuvvie
Hanma Selis

I already know how falling in love feels. It's awesome for a period but nothing perfect lasts forever lol smile
Exactly my point!! I have friends! I don't need a partner.

You say that now, but who knows what the future holds. You may find someone who feels like the missing piece to your life.

Hallowed Smoker

yes. Relationships fail. Love hurts. Look, I was in a relationship 4 ******** years. My entire adult life up to that point. Did it suck? Yes. Did the pain ever truly go away? No. The truth of the matter is, the pain never fully goes away. There's always some small part that wonders, "what if?" And if you're lucky, really, really lucky... you move on in weeks instead of months or years.

Don't get me wrong, the pain sucks, and the week after a breakup, alone always feels the same. But giving up on relationships because you're feeling sorry for yourself, because you don't understand the particulars of relationships, because you're 16, only makes you stupid, and means your ******** ex won. Get off your a**, wipe away those tears, tell somebody you have a crush.on, that.you like them.. And get the ******** over it like a goddamned adult.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Wuvvie
Steam Punk Adept
Wuvvie
WiiDSmoker

Congratulations.

Thank you~ ^^

Noooo.... I'm a horrible person to be in a relationship because of my internal conflicts I'm trying to overcome and they've always held me back from being what ideal "girlfriends" are suppose to be. Basically I b***h about my life sucking to much and cry if I don't get attention after a week of separation and I'm clingy and insecure. Plus I will never share my partner. They're mine and if someone attempted a threesome I'd push them off the bed.
For the most part, you described several of my ex-girlfriends.
Also, you misrepresent poly. It's not about 3-somes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff