Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asmodaari
Fleurdobscurit
Asmodaari
I think you are being pessimistic and maybe even generalizing. It's unfair to say that all teenagers are lazy and greedy. I think it is most likely that every generation has had some people think how you are thinking, but civilization moves on. There will always be capable people to take the mantle of leadership. In fact, the growing numebr of people attending college goes to show the error in your thinking.

I have to specify that i didnt say ALL... Anyways most of the people attending college are womens, so maybe I should change the word on the main theme to males? blaugh Just kidding but its right most of the college poblation are womens.

That is so far from the truth. My college is about 60% male. It's pretty much even sex diversity in colleges in the US. What made you think it's mostly women?

Sorry, im talking for my Island only... I live in Puerto Rico and here most of the college population are womens... surprised
Meh, it's late, so this will be short and probably make little sense.

As a teenager, I didn't exactly push myself, but I could have been worse.

Now, in my 20's, I don't exactly push myself, but I could be worse.

Personally I'd be worried if every teenager suddenly became responsible. If you don't enjoy life when you're young (within reason, obviously) then you may find yourself boned in the future. There's a time for everything. When the time comes, and I have to stumble into 'adulthood', I'll be responsible.

Saying that, on my way to Subway earlier, I was treated to the sight of two 14 year old girls dressed as... *ahem*... stumbling around drunk, then throwing up over a car...

But yes, it's important for people kids to earn their keep. I've had to save for my travels, back-packing is cheap, but that doesn't mean you can travel on a penny. I've had to work in an office, wasting away infront of a computer entering payroll numbers, among other mundane work, in order to take part in my student exchange to America (1 day and counting)... Working like that isn't fun, but if more people experienced it, they'd get a drive to do more than end up in a dead-end existance. Instant gratification though (in the UK at least) does tend to be a working class issue, not that it doesn't stretch across the board.

Hmm...I guess that's enough drivel on that matter. 3:40am...heh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff