19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
stealthmongoose
I don't mean to put the rumor mill on a halt here...

But this is confirmed right? Human flesh, not tasty? 'Cause there are cannibalistic tribes. Did they just like...get used to it?

If i blindfolded suicidesoldier and made him eat RedRoosters, wouldn't he taste different from Wonk, who obviously is on a diet of all sugar?

Just take some dead skin cells, say from pealing your cuticles, ear wax, dust, etc.

Then burn them.

Take a big wiff.

It is one of the worst smells in the world.

The olfactory senses are mostly the same.

You'll get a taste in your mouth, and that will be the taste of flesh.
Meat is significantly different than ear wax. There is a crematorium nearby, and when they are cooking someone, it smells like Dinty Moore Beef Stew, no joke. It still makes my mouth water when I smell it.

Crematoriums have a number of chemicals they use to get the temperature and even burn needed.

Like in natural gas, they add smells to cover up the bad smells- the fact you can smell it at all from a considerable range projects how powerful the smell really is.
Natural gas is odorless. They add mercaptan so that one can tell if there is a gas leak. It does not smell like stew.

I would not say that passing by the front of the building is a considerable range.

Re your earlier post, Kuru is a prion disease. BSE - Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy - aka "mad cow" and Creutzfeld-Jakob Disorder are infectious prion diseases with which you may be familiar. Uninfected meat is harmless, whether from a cow or a human..

Adored Admirer

Ratttking
Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk
Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk
So unless somebody has any further evidence, the official opinion of this blog is that human flesh tastes a bit like pork. Of course, to paraphrase Eddie Izzard, that means that pork tastes of human.

I heard it also tastes like veal.

Yes! Me too. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're delicious if cooked correctly.

I'm curious if our diet has anything to do with the way we taste.
It does. I can tell you from experience that slop-fed pork tastes vastly different than grain-fed, and not in a good way. There is a type of game bird whose name I cannot recall, I'm afraid, which is hunted (illegally) out-of-season during the time its diet consists almost exclusively of seasonally ripe berries because of the exquisite flavor imparted by the berries to the meat.

I wonder if I taste smoked. lol

That sounds good.

Smoked meat is the best. xd

Lunatic

Promise me that if any of you die, let me have some of your flesh? A thigh perhaps? Or a butt cheek?

Fanatical Zealot

Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
stealthmongoose

But this is confirmed right? Human flesh, not tasty? 'Cause there are cannibalistic tribes. Did they just like...get used to it?

If i blindfolded suicidesoldier and made him eat RedRoosters, wouldn't he taste different from Wonk, who obviously is on a diet of all sugar?

Just take some dead skin cells, say from pealing your cuticles, ear wax, dust, etc.

Then burn them.

Take a big wiff.

Meat is significantly different than ear wax. There is a crematorium nearby, and when they are cooking someone, it smells like Dinty Moore Beef Stew, no joke. It still makes my mouth water when I smell it.

Crematoriums have a number of chemicals they use to get the temperature and even burn needed.

Like in natural gas, they add smells to cover up the bad smells- the fact you can smell it at all from a considerable range projects how powerful the smell really is.
Natural gas is odorless. They add mercaptan so that one can tell if there is a gas leak. It does not smell like stew.

I would not say that passing by the front of the building is a considerable range.

Re your earlier post, Kuru is a prion disease. BSE - Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy - aka "mad cow" and Creutzfeld-Jakob Disorder are infectious prion diseases with which you may be familiar. Uninfected meat is harmless, whether from a cow or a human..

Human flesh is bitter meaning that it's toxic.

In any case human biology naturally rejects it as an attempt to avoid cannibalism- we are a social species after all.

If we tasted good to each other maybe we'd eat each other all the time, which would be bad.

Naturally we become sick at such a thing, it's just biology.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
stealthmongoose

Then burn them.

Take a big wiff.

In any case human biology naturally rejects it as an attempt to avoid cannibalism- we are a social species after all.

If we tasted good to each other maybe we'd eat each other all the time, which would be bad.

It is not naturally toxic, although there are indeed things we could consume that would make it so, just as with any other type of flesh.

The only person I knew who tried it said that it was rather sweet.

Fanatical Zealot

Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

It is not naturally toxic, although there are indeed things we could consume that would make it so, just as with any other type of flesh.

The people who say those kind of things are often crazy or make things up.

Usually to get attention, act crazy or becuase they actually are. O_o

It's bitter as hell.

I mean you look at records from Aztecs and mayans and stuff who ate people and they basically said it would make people sick to their stomachs and tasted like crap- ask head hunters, they say it tastes really bitter and bad, it just is. O_o

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

It's bitter as hell.

I mean you look at records from Aztecs and mayans and stuff who ate people and they basically said it would make people sick to their stomachs and tasted like crap- ask head hunters, they say it tastes really bitter and bad, it just is. O_o
Either you are admitting to cannibalizing an unhealthy piece of flesh, or you have no clue what you are talking about.

Show me these records from ancient Mexico.

Fanatical Zealot

Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

It's bitter as hell.

Either you are admitting to cannibalizing an unhealthy piece of flesh, or you have no clue what you are talking about.

Well it's generally agreed upon that flesh tastes bitter. Some say like pork, others say like Chicken, but all say bitter.

As far as it goes, the Aztec ate people but considered it of little value due to it's poor taste and general lack of nutritional value- with all their sacrifices and weird habits they were bound to eat some people.

I remember that in a biography of Montezuma though he reported that human flesh tasted very bitter.

Can't really find a source other than a book, though.

Still searching...

Greedy Consumer

Suicidesoldier#1
Human meat tastes like s**t and is rather toxic.

It's part of the reason why animals don't really like to eat us.

We always hear that "sharks think we taste bad", among lions and things, but they do.

We taste like s**t, especially to other humans- burning flesh is one of the worst smells ever, along with our taste, flavor, everything, it's really just bad.

Also we'd practically be obligated to make it for people who needed it just to walk around.

This would just be a waste.
that might change with diet

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

It's bitter as hell.

Well it's generally agreed upon that flesh tastes bitter. Some say like pork, others say like Chicken, but all say bitter.

As far as it goes, the Aztec ate people but considered it of little value due to it's poor taste and general lack of nutritional value- with all their sacrifices and weird habits they were bound to eat some people.

I remember that in a biography of Montezuma though he reported that human flesh tasted very bitter.

Still searching...
According to a convicted cannibal:"The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good," he said.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,511775,00.html

So it might indeed taste a little bit bitter...but good. There are many types of salad greens with a slight bitterness to them, but that does not stop people from eating and enjoying them.

Fanatical Zealot

Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

It's bitter as hell.

Still searching...
According to a convicted cannibal:"The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good," he said.

So it might indeed taste a little bit bitter...but good. There are many types of salad greens with a slight bitterness to them, but that does not stop people from eating and enjoying them.

He's going to say it tastes good becuase he's an insane cannibal.

But it really doesn't, it's bitter though, that's what they all say.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

It's bitter as hell.

Still searching...

He's insane because he eats Brussels sprouts without being threatened, but that does not mean he cannot adequately describe the taste of meat.
Ratttking
Riviera de la Mancha
Ratttking
Riviera de la Mancha
Eh, I suppose people would not take issue with it for the most part, but I dont think there is a big demand for imitation human meat. I have a feeling that people interested in eating human would only want real human, while the lion's share of us dont want human.

Plus, it seems like alot of work to create.
Why would it be imitation?

Also, the phrase is "a lot" - two words, not one.

Link says its such meat is not from a living organism, so it couldnt be from a living human, which makes it imitation.
Genetic analysis of the meat will say it is genuine. Hmm, wonder if the availability of legal human meat for consumption will screw with crime scene forensic analyses.

Again, link says that the meat is essentially cultured in a lab dish, so its a stretch to call it genuine. All that a scientific test will prove is that it has the same structure as human flesh, not that it is 'genuine' human.

I doubt it would affect a crime scene. Our genetics are pretty unique, and I imagine cultured meat would have either no such unique indicators or some standard commercial set that would distinguish it from real human. Like a serial number of sorts.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Riviera de la Mancha
Ratttking
Riviera de la Mancha
Ratttking
Riviera de la Mancha
Eh, I suppose people would not take issue with it for the most part, but I dont think there is a big demand for imitation human meat. I have a feeling that people interested in eating human would only want real human, while the lion's share of us dont want human.

Plus, it seems like alot of work to create.
Why would it be imitation?

Also, the phrase is "a lot" - two words, not one.

Link says its such meat is not from a living organism, so it couldnt be from a living human, which makes it imitation.
Genetic analysis of the meat will say it is genuine. Hmm, wonder if the availability of legal human meat for consumption will screw with crime scene forensic analyses.

Again, link says that the meat is essentially cultured in a lab dish, so its a stretch to call it genuine. All that a scientific test will prove is that it has the same structure as human flesh, not that it is 'genuine' human.

I doubt it would affect a crime scene. Our genetics are pretty unique, and I imagine cultured meat would have either no such unique indicators or some standard commercial set that would distinguish it from real human. Like a serial number of sorts.
A cultured pearl is still a genuine pearl grown in an oyster. Imitation pearls are different in that they resemble pearls but never had anything to do with the shellfish. Natural pearls are grown without human intervention. The meat would be genuine cultured human meat as opposed to naturally-grown meat. Human-flavored tofu or seitan (both common meat substitutes) would be imitation.

Good points re the forensics.

Fanatical Zealot

Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking
Suicidesoldier#1
Ratttking

Still searching...

He's insane because he eats Brussels sprouts without being threatened, but that does not mean he cannot adequately describe the taste of meat.

Saying "it tastes quite good" when a cannibal is eating it is his own interjection.

Tasting "slightly like pork" is really quite ridiculous, but the whole bitter thing being very strong is true.

Some people say "like chicken".

If we ignore the bitterness the flavor of humans can be called chicken or pork, but it's really not even a hybrid of both- perhaps it could remind one of both, but it's got an entire pungent flavor all it's own.

A horrid disgusting smell, taste, pungent over taste, a slimy texture.

The best way to put it is that it feels, smells, and tastes of death and puke- like tasting purple, or seeing loud. The most horrid experience a human being can have. Anyone who pretends to enjoy the flavor is either a psychopath, lying, or downright insane.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff