Welcome to Gaia! ::

Outrageous.

Adored Admirer

soracious wonk
So unless somebody has any further evidence, the official opinion of this blog is that human flesh tastes a bit like pork. Of course, to paraphrase Eddie Izzard, that means that pork tastes of human.

I heard it also tastes like veal.

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk
So unless somebody has any further evidence, the official opinion of this blog is that human flesh tastes a bit like pork. Of course, to paraphrase Eddie Izzard, that means that pork tastes of human.

Yes! Me too. Either way, I'm pretty sure we're delicious if cooked correctly.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
soracious wonk
stealthmongoose
I don't mean to put the rumor mill on a halt here...

But this is confirmed right? Human flesh, not tasty? 'Cause there are cannibalistic tribes. Did they just like...get used to it?
Ultimately, without actually eating some of the stuff ourselves, all we have are the subjective evaluations of a collection of murderers who may not be the most reliable of witnesses. But there is a certain consistency here - certainly the cannibals themselves seem to have generally considered it closer to pork, and indeed close enough that they were happy to label it as such when selling it to unfortunate members of the public through the meat markets and hot dog stands of 1920s Germany and Poland.

From here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/sep/05/human-meat-taste-cannibal

I suspect they tell people we taste bad because they don't want to encourage this kind of thing.
stealthmongoose
If i blindfolded suicidesoldier and made him eat RedRoosters, wouldn't he taste different from Wonk, who obviously is on a diet of all sugar?

If we're going by usernames, mongoose tastes like mongoose (which tastes like raccoon, if that helps), rooster tastes like chicken, hurray, and I taste like...sugar. Not sure where that came from but ok. Also I vote that I do the eating, thanks.

Dark meat or light?

Adored Admirer

soracious wonk
Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk

I'm curious if our diet has anything to do with the way we taste.

Icy Rogue

stealthmongoose
soracious wonk
stealthmongoose

But this is confirmed right? Human flesh, not tasty? 'Cause there are cannibalistic tribes. Did they just like...get used to it?
Ultimately, without actually eating some of the stuff ourselves, all we have are the subjective evaluations of a collection of murderers who may not be the most reliable of witnesses. But there is a certain consistency here - certainly the cannibals themselves seem to have generally considered it closer to pork, and indeed close enough that they were happy to label it as such when selling it to unfortunate members of the public through the meat markets and hot dog stands of 1920s Germany and Poland.

From here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/sep/05/human-meat-taste-cannibal

I suspect they tell people we taste bad because they don't want to encourage this kind of thing.
stealthmongoose
If i blindfolded suicidesoldier and made him eat RedRoosters, wouldn't he taste different from Wonk, who obviously is on a diet of all sugar?

If we're going by usernames, mongoose tastes like mongoose (which tastes like raccoon, if that helps), rooster tastes like chicken, hurray, and I taste like...sugar. Not sure where that came from but ok. Also I vote that I do the eating, thanks.

Dark meat or light?

Considering the comparison to veal, I'd say light. Though dark meat simply gets more blood flow, so I suppose it varies among different bits of human.

That was entertaining. Though it's relevance made a lovely whooshing sound as it flew over my head. ^^:

Icy Rogue

Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk
Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk

I'm curious if our diet has anything to do with the way we taste.
I'm pretty sure it does. I mean the ratio of different kinds of fats to muscle definitely effects the way meet tastes, and diet effects the ratio of fats we have in our bodies, so. Though the specifics...

I'd assume that healthy people taste better, but. Unsure.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
IF it wasn't toxic, i'd try it, why the ******** not?

But it is.

/thread

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Nah, I prefer the taste of dead cows.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
The Keasbey Knight
I had this crazy idea tonight, what if you used in vitro meat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat

to produce human steaks and whatnot.

What kind of impact would it have on the world?

Would it be legal or illegal in most countries(at first)?

And with this idea, Soylent Green becomes less of a science fiction film, and more of a ******** premonition.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk

I heard it tastes like chicken.

...Just like everything else. stare

Friendly Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Wait so this meat is simply grown instead of ever at one point being cut from a slaughtered animal?
Sounds pretty ******** awesome and promising.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
redroosters
stealthmongoose

Suicidesoldier is already blind.
Now, now. There is no proof that excessive masturbation causes blindness, merely chafed flesh.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
black_wing_angel
Pseudo-Onkelos
soracious wonk

I heard it tastes like chicken.

...Just like everything else. stare
Why then is it referred to as "long pork"?

Fanatical Zealot

Ratttking
redroosters
stealthmongoose

Suicidesoldier is already blind.
Now, now. There is no proof that excessive masturbation causes blindness, merely chafed flesh.

It does alter zinc levels, but that's nothing that vitamins can't buff out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff