Welcome to Gaia! ::

Megalodon. A term most people do not know. The megalodon, a shark that existed over 40 million years ago, was over TWICE the size of a great white.

Megalodon Video

Scientists are disputing it's existance. It is similar to Bigfoot, but wiht more logical and scientific proof instead of eyewitness.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

The Coelacanth. An ancient fish thought to be extinct for (What? 300 million years?) a long time.
They found one ALIVE and preserved it's body and sent it to the Smithsonian.

The "GIANT SQUID!!" *Bum bum BUUM*. This easily hoxable thing has been photographed and DEAD bodies of it have been found.

On the term of "GIANT SQUID!!" The Kraken can also easily exist. It was eyewitnessed by PIRATES, and EXPLORERS. Have we done analysies on the middle of the Seas/Oceans? NO!

Is it real?
Megalodon Wiki

Does this "thing" really exist? Or is it just a hoax made by photoshoppers?
There are some pictures of REAL shark "things" next to large ships. They could be Great Whites with a pinch of photoshop magic. Thats why I said that, just to clarify.

User Image
An artist's portraying of a supposed megalodon attack.

WARNING: The following image is 100% REAL. It has been verified. This is a REAL megalodon tooth fossil compared to shark's teeth.
User Image

Discuss: Are these real?
I'm quite lost when you ask if they're real or not, do you mean if the shark itself is real or if attacks by a Megalodon are real?

EDIT: HAHA Just reread the title please ignore the above really tired at the moment, anyways tbh, I do believe that there is a possibility that it could be alive since we do have quite a bit of exploring to do in the oceans and who's to say wether or not something like that could be lurking down there. The oceans do make up majority of the planet.
Obviously Big fish don't spark much interest in people nowadays.
Well the title states dinosaur so that might be doing something, but idk try replacing it with Shark?
Haha, that might actually work.

Ruthless Nerd

A shark that size could've easily existed at some point. But alive today? Unless it's a seriously deep underwater shark, there's no way they wouldn't have been seen/discovered/witnessed by oodles of people.
Katarra Bloodstone
    A shark that size could've easily existed at some point. But alive today? Unless it's a seriously deep underwater shark, there's no way they wouldn't have been seen/discovered/witnessed by oodles of people.

That IS true.

Although, on a whole different subject, the (I think this is it) Relicorth was a fish thought to be extinct ever since the end of dinosaurs. They found one (ALIVE) and preserved it's body. It's at the smithsonian right now if you wanna see it.
I've seen some f**ked up fish on youtube.
It scared me x2349 <3
That was where i was headed with it, and on that note i'd like to bring up a question. How much of our vast oceans have we actually explored? I want to estimate 2% =/ but I don't know the actualy numbers. Even still we have quite a bit of exploring left also Katarra, the creature could be far off from shore and live near the surface and there could still be the possibility of it not being noticed.

EDIT: At Feirce: I think it was the coeclanth(not sure about the spelling) your talking about one found by a fisherman off of the coast of africa(I want to say south africa) right?
Pewjy
I've seen some f**ked up fish on youtube.
It scared me x2349 <3

I do <3 ******** up fish.

Seeing that (possibly photoshopped) picture of the giant sharkie the size of the ship..it was spooky.
Funaeun Ryuu
That was where i was headed with it, and on that note i'd like to bring up a question. How much of our vast oceans have we actually explored? I want to estimate 2% =/ but I don't know the actualy numbers. Even still we have quite a bit of exploring left also Katarra, the creature could be far off from shore and live near the surface and there could still be the possibility of it not being noticed.

People also beleive there could be islands the size of small countries in the middle of the Atlantic.

DAMN! I keep getting off topic, I can't help it at all. =[
Megalodon was quite real at one time. I doubt it's alive now, but we don't know. After all, we didn't think the giant squid was real and alive until young ones started washing up on Pacific island shores. For all we know, another giant shark could be living in the depths of the oceans. We did discover the megamouth shark back in 1976, even though it's documented to be smaller than the larger great whites. That, of course, is due to the fact that we've only seen about 40 of the megamouths. There might even be something living in the depths of the Marianas Trench in the middle of the Pacific. But we don't know, and we probably won't until technology allows us to go there.

And by the way, I think the name of the "living fossil" fish you mentioned in one of your posts is the Coelacanth (see-luh-canth). 3nodding
Fierce Hot Mess
Funaeun Ryuu

People also beleive there could be islands the size of small countries in the middle of the Atlantic.

DAMN! I keep getting off topic, I can't help it at all. =[

Heck when it comes to talking about the possibilities of creature in the ocean, I say, "let your mind go nut we still have a hell of a lot to go before we see it all, and i highly doubt we ever will."
Seems unlikely. Things like the Giant Squid, that live in deep waters, can go undetected. But a shallow water fish like a shark, that is far more unlikely.

It could happen, however... it's just not very likely.
Eizoryu
Megalodon was quite real at one time. I doubt it's alive now, but we don't know. After all, we didn't think the giant squid was real and alive until young ones started washing up on Pacific island shores. For all we know, another giant shark could be living in the depths of the oceans. We did discover the megamouth shark back in 1976, even though it's documented to be smaller than the larger great whites. That, of course, is due to the fact that we've only seen about 40 of the megamouths. There might even be something living in the depths of the Marianas Trench in the middle of the Pacific. But we don't know, and we probably won't until technology allows us to go there.

And by the way, I think the name of the "living fossil" fish you mentioned in one of your posts is the Coelacanth (see-luh-canth). 3nodding

Thank you for the Coelacanth tidbit. =]

Have you seen some of the things we've found in trenches? They look like aliens. Imagine wrangler fish and those transparant fish, but over 25x weirder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff