8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sexual Innuendo
Mannequin Harpsichord
Sexual Innuendo
Mannequin Harpsichord
Alcohol, although dangerous, leaves the system in approximately 7 hours. Marijuana can have effects days afterwards, even weeks for heavy users. Marijuana stores in body fat and may release at any time relatively, making it unpredictable. With alcohol you know that you just drank and that you should not drive, with marijuana you should not drive for at least 2 days lest you risk getting high randomly while driving.
Lol, wtf, this is complete bullshit and has been proven wrong. THC only says in your system for a certain amount of time. The metabolites, which show up on drug tests, and which have NO effect on the functioning of the brain, can stay in your body for up to a month or two for heavy users, or a couple of days for light users.

This is what they teach in university biology. Do you have a link to these studies?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/09/MNGL2736S31.DTL

"While drug residue can be found in body fat for days or weeks, there is no evidence that they cause flashbacks or cravings."

""In all my reading and attendance at conferences on chemical dependence, I have never heard any evidence for a mechanism for flashbacks," said Cermak, who wrote "Marijuana: What's a Parent to Believe?" in 2003. He said a likely explanation for what some people experience as a flashback is "because of the confluence of many associative clues" -- much like deja vu."

"Cermak said the idea that this activity occurs in fat reflects "a general lack of knowledge about the physiology of getting high.""

"The concentration of drugs in sweat varies very much from drug to drug," he said. "There's very little THC in sweat. If a drug is water soluble, you'll find it in higher concentrations in sweat. But not years later. That's ridiculous. Very amusing."

Cool, I'm okay with it being legal then.

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Mister George Kapland
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
U
Mannequin Harpsichord
theothermanoverthere
Mannequin Harpsichord

That it's the same effect or that it only takes a minor miscalculation to embed your teeth into the steering wheel? For the first I have no proof that it's exactly the same as a shot of rum, but impaired judgement is impaired judgement, it doesn't have to be anything else. You could sound fine, walk fine, feel fine, but still be affected.
How can you not be affected anyway but be affected by something at the same time?

Your judgement is affected, in your mind. It doesn't have to show obvious physical effects.

Until you understand how the body works, namely the blood-brain barrier and how nitrients are stoeed and released in fat cells, don't open your retarded mouth. Roght now there are kids in basic biology reading your posts going "wow i havenevemet somebo
so ******** stupid they couldnt grasp simple chapter 1 physiology."

Infact everything youve said flies in the face of science in such a way, im tempted to say youre acting stupid

I do know about the blood brain barrier, alcohol sure gets past it, sorry if bio doesn't cover how illegal drugs react to it. How do you explain marijuana high to begin with if it never gets past the blood brain barrier?

Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

THC passes the blood brain barrier ONCE. One. ********. Time. It is stored in fat cells, yes, because it is "fat soluable" as in, it breaks down in fat, and becomes another ******** compound that does not pass the blood brain barrier.

Now, do yourself a favor. Don't talk about drugs until you have at least an elementary school grasp of human anatomy.

Sorry they don't cover the physiology of getting high in university A&P.

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Evane Lierist
Mannequin Harpsichord

I heard that the medical benefits were only tested using the pill form.

Though why would it just be the pill form? It makes no sense considering the population that use marijuana, it seems like the majority would be either smoking it or eating it.

In any case, searching through the learn more about marijuana, I stumbled across this. It's kinda interesting.
Marijuana Facts Link

Well they were looking for a pharmaceutical use for it and since the ingredients in plants can vary widely, they only tested pill form because that would have the most reliable dosing. That is an interesting study. Is LSD illegal? It had the best score, and I heard that the people who discovered the shape of DNA were high on LSD when they figured it out.

Invisible Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Mannequin Harpsichord
Evane Lierist
Mannequin Harpsichord

Though why would it just be the pill form? It makes no sense considering the population that use marijuana, it seems like the majority would be either smoking it or eating it.

In any case, searching through the learn more about marijuana, I stumbled across this. It's kinda interesting.
Marijuana Facts Link

Well they were looking for a pharmaceutical use for it and since the ingredients in plants can vary widely, they only tested pill form because that would have the most reliable dosing. That is an interesting study. Is LSD illegal? It had the best score, and I heard that the people who discovered the shape of DNA were high on LSD when they figured it out.

Hm. True the plant does vary and it could sway, but it still wouldn't hurt to test in a generic form that most people use.

In any case, LSD is illegal. Under the US government law, it serves no real medical purpose thus is illegal to own, use, and whatever else. It's kinda strange how it ended up having the best score considering it causes hallucinations and flashbacks (then again it depends on the person and the amount). Though that's crazy to hear. I never heard of that happening about the DNA discovery. Hm. I guess you learn something new every day. Regardless, it's a neat chart, and I like how the website has other facts, comparisons, and other such things about marijuana. There are more infographs, pros and cons, and whatever else.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

THC passes the blood brain barrier ONCE. One. ********. Time. It is stored in fat cells, yes, because it is "fat soluable" as in, it breaks down in fat, and becomes another ******** compound that does not pass the blood brain barrier.

Now, do yourself a favor. Don't talk about drugs until you have at least an elementary school grasp of human anatomy.

He's not frustrated because your high school biology class doesn't cover illegal drugs. He's frustrated because you pretend to know all this information about drugs, when in reality you don't know anything. It has nothing to do with whether you've taken an AP biology class before. :/
Mannequin Harpsichord
theothermanoverthere
Mannequin Harpsichord
theothermanoverthere
Mannequin Harpsichord

I'm not a criminal, so no. I don't see how being a criminal would make you more entitled to make the laws. Besides, whatever dosage you get from arbitrary fat burning would not be the same as smoking it.
look chick you need to go do some studying up thats not how it works. i smoked it a lot back when i was in high school and before.

Smoking it alot doesn't make you know how it works, obviously you don't know the answer or else you would have stated it. My research has found that THC does cross the blood brain barrier.
Iv never had a high a day or so later from it. Smoking it dose mean I know more about it then you. I know what it dosent do and what it dose. But you got proof?

Yeah I linked my source which you so conveniently cut out. Just because you don't know you're a little high doesn't mean that you're not high. Are you aware of the trillions of synapses occurring in your brain every second? No, you're not. Just because you're living breathing biology doesn't mean you know anything about biology.
You source didn't say anything to back you up and it not even that good of a source.

Hallowed Smoker

Evane Lierist
flashbacks are a ******** myth. :-

Hallowed Smoker

Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland

Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

Yes thry do. Chapter 12 neutral

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Evane Lierist
Mannequin Harpsichord
Evane Lierist
Mannequin Harpsichord

Marijuana Facts Link

Hm. True the plant does vary and it could sway, but it still wouldn't hurt to test in a generic form that most people use.

In any case, LSD is illegal. Under the US government law, it serves no real medical purpose thus is illegal to own, use, and whatever else. It's kinda strange how it ended up having the best score considering it causes hallucinations and flashbacks (then again it depends on the person and the amount). Though that's crazy to hear. I never heard of that happening about the DNA discovery. Hm. I guess you learn something new every day. Regardless, it's a neat chart, and I like how the website has other facts, comparisons, and other such things about marijuana. There are more infographs, pros and cons, and whatever else.

At the end of the day you could say it's like only teaching abstinence in schools, it doesn't teach people how to use things responsibly. Even if the thing about it staying in your system for 2 days is true, a responsible person would just buy all their groceries on friday and could enjoy magic brownies friday evening, stay home all weekend and have more than 2 days to let it run its course before monday morning.

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sexual Innuendo
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

He's not frustrated because your high school biology class doesn't cover illegal drugs. He's frustrated because you pretend to know all this information about drugs, when in reality you don't know anything. It has nothing to do with whether you've taken an AP biology class before. :/

Why can't I believe what my university A&P professor says?

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Mannequin Harpsichord
Sexual Innuendo
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

Um, because they're wrong? neutral

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Mister George Kapland
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland

Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

Yes thry do. Chapter 12 neutral

Human Anatomy and Physiology 8th Edition, Authors Elaine N Marieb, Katja Hoehn. "The blood Brain Barrier reflects the relative impermiability of the epithelium of capillaries of the brain. It allows water, respiratory gasses, essential nutrients, and fat soluble molecules to enter the neural tissue, but prevents entry of other, water soluble, potentially harmful substances." p481. That's just the summary, the Blood Brain barrier section ia on 463, though it says nothing about how the body deals with marijuana. Do you have a page number? It might be somewhere else.

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sexual Innuendo
Mannequin Harpsichord
Sexual Innuendo
Mannequin Harpsichord
Mister George Kapland
Are you serious?

Are you, serious?

Like, seriously?

Um, because they're wrong? neutral

So my University A&P professor doesn't have a basic middle school understanding of biology?

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
theothermanoverthere
You source didn't say anything to back you up and it not even that good of a source.

Even so, a much better argument for the legalization of marijuana is that it can be used responsibly and that people have to be responsible for their own actions. Yes, someone will eat a magic brownie while driving to work, but the government can't protect people from making stupid mistakes. People will find ways to abuse everything, butter knives, guns, alcohol, even food. But if we keep letting the government play daddy people are going to not take responsibility for their own actions and just assume that if it's not illegal it must be good for you. It may be bad for you, it may have long lasting repercussions that we don't know about yet, but letting the government make it illegal obviously hasn't stopped many people from doing it anyway. Making it illegal has just benefitted gangs, because now they have another thing to make money selling.

See? No insults, now that wasn't so hard. The whole "it hasn't turned my brain into hamburger helper yet" argument is just silly.

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mannequin Harpsichord
Alcohol, although dangerous, leaves the system in approximately 7 hours. Marijuana can have effects days afterwards, even weeks for heavy users. Marijuana stores in body fat and may release at any time relatively, making it unpredictable. With alcohol you know that you just drank and that you should not drive, with marijuana you should not drive for at least 2 days lest you risk getting high randomly while driving.

As a person who smoked extremely infrequently, I can assure you, you do not get randomly high. Otherwise, I would have insanely emotion_awesome workout sessions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff