Welcome to Gaia! ::

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
Genesis 1:29

Cannabis satvia is a plant, and it bears seed. It is also on the face of the whole earth. Therefore, use of cannabis is jstified in the Bible.

Nicotania tabacum (a variety of tobacco, whish is a form of nightshade in case you're wondering) is considered perfectly acceptable, and it causes more harm than cannabis does to people.

The last time I checked, the Bible did not say "Thou shalt not get blazed on gonja."

Why exactly are you Christans opposed to weed, exactly? There's an argument for it in the Bible.

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
whoot! bible endorsed gunga! now if we can just get it legalized for religous use...
Mingan29
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Cannabis satvia is a plant, and it bears seed. It is also on the face of the whole earth. Therefore, use of cannabis is jstified in the Bible.

Nicotania tabacum (a variety of tobacco, whish is a form of nightshade in case you're wondering) is considered perfectly acceptable, and it causes more harm than cannabis does to people.

The last time I checked, the Bible did not say "Thou shalt not get blazed on gonja."

Why exactly are you Christans opposed to weed, exactly? There's an argument for it in the Bible.

Well, the bible speaks against witchcraft, meaning things that mess with your head. And weed does mess with your brain.

But whatever. Pot yourself up, I dont give a damn. Just stop making these repeat threads.
senmee
Mingan29

Well, the bible speaks against witchcraft, meaning things that mess with your head. And weed does mess with your brain.

But whatever. Pot yourself up, I dont give a damn. Just stop making these repeat threads.

If I knew it was a repeat...

Alcohol messes with your brain. Tobacco messes with your brain. And a lot of medicines do as well. Why are they ok and weed not?
I don't think that's much of a 'justification,' but yeah.

Christians are against weed because maybe it's not what their parents want them to do. That is a commandment. Not only that, but Weed users and dealers tend to because lazy. Lazy=Sloth. Sloth=Bad. So. Whatev'.
haha! im not against weed in and of itself. haha. this is a great topic. oh. btw im a christian. but it also says in the bible that ur body is the temple of god and that you should keep it clean. which is what christians will spout to you. but i dont see anything wrong with a hit once in awhile. >_< this is my own personal opinion. i personally dont like pot much... its stanky, but if im in the mood and with friends then why not. god never said it was illegal... but then again in the bible he tells us to follow the jurisdiction of the government we live under and in the US they have weed illegal. so yea i guess its a sin to smoke pot in the US. but to me its not a big deal. as a christian i acknowledge that im sinning which is even worse if i think about it but i wont and ill just stop right here and see what you make of this. haha. im such a weird christian. sigh. lmao.
not every christian takes the bible to heart, or at all... thank god xp
but the cannibis isn't seen as negative on religious terms as much as the 'decay of society' kind. *shrugs* but most people do just mesh morales and religion together, you got a point there...

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Usagi Sasuke
I don't think that's much of a 'justification,' but yeah.

Christians are against weed because maybe it's not what their parents want them to do. That is a commandment. Not only that, but Weed users and dealers tend to because lazy. Lazy=Sloth. Sloth=Bad. So. Whatev'.
true... i know 5 potsmokers and only one of them isn't lazy.
Mingan29
senmee
Mingan29

Alcohol messes with your brain. Tobacco messes with your brain. And a lot of medicines do as well. Why are they ok and weed not?

=\ They technically arnt, especially alcohol and tabacco, though Im no bible authority. And honestly, its weed. You really think that there arnt a billion other weed threads in ED?

Heres a good one for you:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3298528

But as I said, go smoke pot. Your brain, you dont have to justify yourself.
Mingan29
senmee
Mingan29

Wine also symbolizes God's blood, so we could all get drunk off of Jesus-Juice, as I like to call it. To much Christianity is bad for the liver.
*sighs* I know there's topics about it. Do I seem stupid to you?

Anyways, anything to EXCESS is bad (i.e. addiction.) However, maintaining a healthy body and not going overboard is still acceptable.

To be high is not illegal.However, possession IS illegal. It was outlawed in the 20's, hence the term "Great Depression."

</lame pun>
And oh yes,

User Image

Ok, I'm really done with the lame jokes now.
I smoke weed, and here is my agument as to why i think Marijuana, as aposed to other drugs is ok.

With most drugs, if you take or do too many, you can overdose and die. With majiuana, if you smoke too much you pass out. you can't smoke any more if your unconsious, so you can't kill yourself.

Also, marijuana is not physicaly addictive. This doesn't mean that no one can get addicted to it, because if you have an addictive personallity you can get addicted to almost anything. What it does mean is that your body doesn't grow to need it in order to function properly unlike, nicotine, cocane, haroine, and methamphetamines.
Furthermore, I would have to argue that the anti-weed laws are unconstitutional. Recreational drugs present a threat only when there is violence or illegal activites to obtain them. When marijuana was legal, there wasn't much of criminal activity in the drug area.
Mingan29
*sighs* I know there's topics about it. Do I seem stupid to you?

You really want me to answer that? Id like to, but that would be violating ED regulations, and I dont want to be hypocritical.

Quote:
Okay, you just found a problem thread, be it spam, GD material, a duplicate thread, or whatever.

Don't flame the offending user. Not allowed. Also, it has been shown to be all but worthless in 'curtailing' the 'undesireable elements'. Basically, it's only good for ego-tripping and offending Gaia users. Ohboy!

Anyway, please re-educate thyself on the rules of ED

Quote:
Do not post duplicate threads. Before creating a thread, search the first few pages of the forum looking for threads discussing the subject you intended to create a topic on.

If a thread already exists about your subject, post in it instead of making a new thread.

If a topic already exists, any duplicate thread created on the subject will get exported from Extended Discussion when it is reported. Many threads will get removed as duplicates simply because they bring up a general topic and do not expound on the topic enough to differentiate the subject from other threads. If you are creating duplicate threads in Extended Discussion or the ED subforums you may be notified or warned.

ED: What Should And Should Not Be Posted Here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces