Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sethimothy
VeilSide

eek Wow... bitter at the mods much?

Why lie about it? ******** yes, I am exceedingly bitter at several moderators. Much.

The man is honest and has the gall to take on mods, so we can safely assume he is "bitter" at the mods.

I was also shocked at the announcement made by Noaboo or whatever her name is. VeilSide is right, there are bigger fish out there.

For one, I would move the chatterbox button away from the ED button, I would be willing to bet some spam threads are created by accident because a n00b who wanted to click on Chatterbox goes into ED and gets the s**t flamed out of him (which I have nothing against)
Sethimothy
If we're gonna crack down on the spam and the 'satire' let's be fair about it. No more of this 'the moderators are our friends so we can have a spam topic get more than 870 pages' crap - ALL should be held to the iron gavel.

Oh yeah... about that. I almost forgot. interestingly enough, the Dakai told me that the administrators (in their ivory tower), and not the mods, actually encourage "chat threads" such as the ExD Patrons thread, the ARHMA thread, and the Rap is Crap thread because it promotes a sort of... er... sense of a close-knit community of some sorts.

Yeah.
VeilSide
Sethimothy
VeilSide

Why lie about it? ******** yes, I am exceedingly bitter at several moderators. Much.

*nods* mm... they do seem to work in mysterious ways, don't they?

Hey, did they ever send you an announcement that your thread was deleted from the "Admin"? Just wondering.

Actually there have been several threads that have been moved to the recycling bin that I've never recieved an Admin message for. And a few times that moderators have moved my threads and failed to provide a reason, because I'm telepathic and all.
Sethimothy
VeilSide
Sethimothy
VeilSide

*nods* mm... they do seem to work in mysterious ways, don't they?

Hey, did they ever send you an announcement that your thread was deleted from the "Admin"? Just wondering.

Actually there have been several threads that have been moved to the recycling bin that I've never recieved an Admin message for. And a few times that moderators have moved my threads and failed to provide a reason, because I'm telepathic and all.

The picture in your signature is too imposing for them to properly mail you. Nitroglyceron filled fetuses are kinda intimidating.
Sethimothy

Ah.

I think that L0cke should at least open up his mod conduct sticky in the Q&F forum to the public. As an "official" place to let people blow off steam about the mods, if nothing else. I mean, if "chat" threads are allowed, then why not?
Fenrir Fenix
The picture in your signature is too imposing for them to properly mail you. Nitroglyceron filled fetuses are kinda intimidating.

Not to mention the decapitated ASCII bunny. heart
Fenrir Fenix

Heh~

Doubting that's it.

But no, to make the ED 'safe' we need to do a few things.

Move the location of that little ED button to where it is less accessable than the chatterbox.

If you want to encourage 'real discussion' don't crack down on a particular style of writing, crack down on the immediate results of a style of writing.

Cul topics that get too long. No one will ever seriously read through 100 pages of a topic and reply... they're gonna read three at most, reply, and get flamed for not realizing their question was vaguely answered in page 33, 17th press of the page down button.

Encourage the utilization of the writers forums for works of a racy nature. I'm surprised most people choose to post 'lol i r fuxoring rei' vs an intelligent piece of work that might warrent discussion but should be examined in a critical light, and not a light of the casual "I want to discuss something' -er.

Get rid of this 'sense of community' - that's what guilds are for. I've recently joined several.

Get a standardized 'before you begin' FAQ. Yes, stickies are great, but wouldn't it be great if when you first came on you had a topic at your disposal telling you exactly how the gold system worked? An informative thread that's concise. From there, stickies can accent crutial rules to that forum in question.

Have a forum where one can air their greivances with moderators. This could point out problematic moderators, highlight the good some mods do (Doctor MEAN!, for example, proves very kind when she's on, and I'm not sure if he's a real mod or not but if he ain't, Sensedog of LI SHOULD be.)

And above all else? Fair treatment for all. Dammit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff