Welcome to Gaia! ::

Headstrong Conqueror

My boss at work is a bit crazy, and the other managers are too. They gossip and judge and make working there terrible, and shopping there too. Customers complain to me all the time about them

A few weeks ago our District Manager was here and asked me a bunch of questions about them, like: do they work? are they supportive? Stuff like that. I didn't know how to answer because I could get in BIG trouble if they somehow found out it was me and anyway, don't I owe loyalty to my boss?

The DM will be here again in a month and he'll want to talk to me again, to 'check in'.

Any advice?

Dapper Gekko

Be honest. Especially if it's at the point where customers are complaining too.

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tell it how it is. You may get promoted too. wink

Garbage

Edward Shamerock
don't I owe loyalty to my boss?
Your boss is a douchenozzle making the work environment and consumer environment miserable. You do not owe them any loyalty unless your employment is some sort of special favor on their behalf.
Bubblehead0987654321

Yeah, you might get his job! 4laugh

Also unless you're the only one working under him, there may already have been others complaining to the higher ups. Unless the guy legitimately scares the living piss out've the workforce and threatens their life and family, it shouldn't affect you too negatively.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Be upfront. If your supervisor tries to fire you inform the DM and they should take care of it. It's that, or put yourself on the chopping block for the management.

Greedy Capitalist

Bubblehead0987654321
Completely agree, that's how big corporations work.

Alien Bunny

12,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Team Rina 200
If customers come to you to complain, it sounds like you must be a trustworthy employee. Due to the undesirable environment, my best suggestion would be to see if you can be moved to a new location or something of the sort (assuming you like the company you are working for, and plan to continue working for them), if at all possible.
As long as you're under contract, and there are many forms of contracts, you remain a slave, and anything to you do or say that your master does not like, very well could end your support, and you will have to find a new master.

Probably better to say to those who ask such questions that you do not know, its probably better to ask someone else.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
If your "Superiors" want to behave like insects, you should feel no guilt about stepping on them.
anonymous attributes
As long as you're under contract, and there are many forms of contracts, you remain a slave, and anything to you do or say that your master does not like, very well could end your support, and you will have to find a new master.

Probably better to say to those who ask such questions that you do not know, its probably better to ask someone else.
You are talking about the immediate superior in the food chain. What about those higher up?
Loyalty to your workplace is so ******** dumb. Like, they pay you for your labour, that's where the relationship ends. If your managers are being so bad as to cause complaints from customers then absolutely you should narc on them.

Lunatic

I would call your DM. If its a big company, they might have a 3 strikes situation, and you might end up under their thumb again. It is best that they do not find out who complained.
I want to say tell the truth, but honestly I've worked at a couple places where I haven't dropped names when I was asked about it. Hell, this one girl straight up hated me and made HR complaints against me, but when HR asked me about her, I was super ambiguous about it. I talked about it with coworkers, but never anyone in actual positions of authority.

Mostly because I cared about her being a b***h only slightly less than I cared about getting her fired. I've never not felt bad when someone has been fired. I can't say I wasn't relieved that this person was no longer working with me, but there's always that bit of pity. I've been laid off twice now, and it is super shitty losing your job, no matter the circumstances. Unless you hate your job, which I do, so the second time wasn't so bad. Also, it was the same place. I got laid off from the same place twice. Just a little PS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff