• Popular Thread 100
Yes, if you become consumed by it

Fanatical Zealot

Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
I'm a brony. I don't believe in evil, only disharmony.

Just wtf.
Bronies should be put into some kind of boot camp where they learn about reality.

Reality can be changed, but only by someone who can imagine something different.

Reality can't be changed. Circumstances as they are can be changed

Semantics. Circumstances shape your reality.
Man couldn't fly, until he could.

I think reality stays the same; man could always fly, he just didn't have a convenient manner to do it.
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

Just wtf.
Bronies should be put into some kind of boot camp where they learn about reality.

Reality can be changed, but only by someone who can imagine something different.

Circumstances are personal. Reality is reality, and it's shaped by nothing, it just is.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Suicidesoldier#1
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

Just wtf.

I think reality stays the same; man could always fly, he just didn't have a convenient manner to do it.

Again, semantics.
Man could always have followed the TNG ideals.
So.
LET THERE BE PONY!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
This thread is the root of all platitudes.
#3deep5me

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

Just wtf.

Circumstances are personal. Reality is reality, and it's shaped by nothing, it just is.

Ever take a creative writing class, and hear the phrase "no man is the villain of his own story?"
It's true, y'know. Nobody ever does something "for teh evulz."
What I like, about the show, is that it captures all that's best in humanity. A lot of PEOPLE are like the ponies in this show. You want a reality check?
Most people are pretty nice, once you get to know them.
It's easy to become cynical these days; the news gives you a pretty slanted view of things. Negativity is newsworthy; it sells.
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

Ever take a creative writing class, and hear the phrase "no man is the villain of his own story?"
What I like, about the show, is that it captures all that's best in humanity. A lot of PEOPLE are like the ponies in this show. You want a reality check?
It's easy to become cynical these days; the news gives you a pretty slanted view of things. Negativity is newsworthy; it sells.

I never said negativity, I said reality. I don't know what you consider negative or evil, but the world is just as violent as it is friendly. Denying it's there won't make it different. For all the things that are "best in humanity" there's also the worst of humanity.

Fanatical Zealot

Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

What about all those rapists who do it for power and so on, hurt other people just to get kicks and feel better about themselves?

Not painting yourself as the bad guy (which a lot of people do) doesn't necessarily mean they didn't do it just to be mean. There are plenty of sadists who do what they do simply because they take pleasure in hurting others.

Fanatical Zealot

Exoth XIII
Suicidesoldier#1
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

Again, semantics.
Man could always have followed the TNG ideals.
So.
LET THERE BE PONY!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's really a matter of perception. The universe and reality are what they are regardless of human belief, so they didn't change just because man discovered something about it.

Mega Friend

It's the inability to love yourself
Faustine Liem
They are all sadists, loving the suffering of a middle eastern jew.

One middle eastern Jew?

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
From what I can gatha' this be how it works

Love = L, D = Gold Doubloons, Time = T, Evil = E
L = T * D
T = D
L= D^2

√E = D
E = D^2
L = E

Given that L = E and that E = D^2, ye can say that L = E = D^2. So I'd have ta' disagree wit' ye that love o' gold doubloons (L * D) tis th' root o' all evil (√E). Since love o' gold doubloons would be E * √E which ain't √E. Technically that'd make (L * D) > √E

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

I never said negativity, I said reality. I don't know what you consider negative or evil, but the world is just as violent as it is friendly. Denying it's there won't make it different. For all the things that are "best in humanity" there's also the worst of humanity.

I'm certainly not denying that it's there. However, I believe diplomacy, and the desire to become friends are more likely to make it stop than merely "accepting that it's there."

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Suicidesoldier#1
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

What about all those rapists who do it for power and so on,

Whether it's a part of their biology gone wrong, or if something in their youth broke some vital part of their mind, they can't always help being what they are. That's what jails should REALLY be used for; protecting people from those who can't stop hurting others.

Fanatical Zealot

Exoth XIII
Suicidesoldier#1
Exoth XIII
Inritus_v3
Exoth XIII

What about all those rapists who do it for power and so on,

Whether it's a part of their biology gone wrong, or if something in their youth broke some vital part of their mind, they can't always help being what they are. That's what jails should REALLY be used for; protecting people from those who can't stop hurting others.

Even if they can control themselves, isn't that what jail is for?

I mean that's what the designed intent was; to isolate people who hurt others from society.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff