Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 13, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

The Sakagami-man
Neon Leo
Because they have no musical talent.
Since when?
Becuse they are just talking to a rythym, or to techno sounds. And they almost never play their own instruments.
Damien_Roslen
VeilSide
Damien_Roslen
VeilSide
Because it's not ska?

Definetly. Rap=s**t, ska= heart

I think you got that backwards there, buddy.

No domokun

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you did.

Sparkly Genius

7,675 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
heart make up a slogan that describes me and then pm it to me, thanx! heart
VeilSide
Damien_Roslen
VeilSide
Damien_Roslen
VeilSide
Because it's not ska?

Definetly. Rap=s**t, ska= heart

I think you got that backwards there, buddy.

No domokun

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you did.

Nope

Aged Sex Symbol

Neon Leo
The Sakagami-man
Neon Leo
Because they have no musical talent.
Since when?
Becuse they are just talking to a rythym, or to techno sounds. And they almost never play their own instruments.
Having rhythm in words is a musical talent.

Imagine a singer singing a song off-beat. Song would suck wouldn't it?
Kimaru-kun
stare I was wondering....why do people like rap so much....the beats are tarable(sp?) and not to menchin all the "I want your body" and "sex"thats in it......It is just plan horrible.....
sweatdrop Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything agenst those that like rap....i just wanna know why.......
confused no flaming please....

You have officially assraped the English language. You need to have a dictionary physically affixed to your body, because you can not spell o.o.
Jesus, you don't /know/ that it sounds like crap - just because you dislike it doesn't mean it's worthless. I don't like the Mona Lisa particularly, but that doesn't change the fact it's a good piece of art.

The beats aren't all terrible, and unless you've listened to every rap song you've no right to say so.

And there's more to rap then "I want your Body", in fact - that's more ofa hip hop thing. Rap tackles a lot of social problems, even when the songs suck - 'member Jadakiss' Why?

I have to disagree - some rappers do have musical talent. You can say it's just 'talking' but the ability to rhyme, and kind of sing-song is pretty difficult. Fast rappers especially.
...Ok everyone is flaming rap...Well here I go...My flame on other forms of music...

Metal...Black Metal...Death Metal...Most of the time people are just yelling curses and yelling about absolutely nothing. They strum on their instruments somethings in a fixed pattern. They sing of ******** the world...and so on and so forth.

Pop...'nuff said dammit! Pop used to mean Popular Music...But now it just means little sluts lip singing in spandex and prancing around like school girls on crack...

Country...Who wants to hear whining little country people with the annoying accent sing about girls...and the country...and love...other stuff...

Punk/Emo Rock...Ok the whole movement started by Good Charlotte and Simple Plan and a bunch of random bands..Is a bunch of s**t...Really...G.C. is a representation of all the wannabe goths in the world that claim they are goth...Simple Plan is just a group trying to get girlfriends...And...Evanescence(Sp?) Is a wannabe "dark" band...
I don't like the new style of rap.

Really the whole point of rap was to share special events in ones life, but now whether it be because it started to loose listeners or just because someone decided to spice it up abit it's all about them telling people about their love life, about how they are "Gangsta". Gangsta my a** most rappers now a days grew up in middle class suburbs so they don't know anything about being a "Gangsta". It's gotten so bad that you can tell who listens to what kind of music just by looking at the clothes they wear, because kids seem to like dressing like musicans now.
Listen to Steriogram and Beastie Boys.It's GOOD rap with GOOD rockish.
I use to not like rap, but i love it now. I don't know why..you have to listen to the beat that goes along with the words, not just the running together of words

Aged Sex Symbol

Kimaru-kun
stare I was wondering....why do people like rap so much....the beats are tarable(sp?) and not to menchin all the "I want your body" and "sex"thats in it......It is just plan horrible.....
sweatdrop Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything agenst those that like rap....i just wanna know why.......
confused no flaming please....
Since I'm here, I'll answer.

Because rappers represent real people and life in general. Good and bad. Not just a small little aspect.

Just about everything in life that you can experience.

Wether it's first love, getting high, cleaning up the community, or stomping someone to the floor.

Rappers tackle all of it. Everything, every other genre talks about.. rap talks about it. It's a compilation of all the subjects.

You know why you say it's only about vulgar things? Because you only catch the singles that make it onto the radio and TV.

Trick Daddy may talk about wanting "a freaky b***h"

But remember... Trick loves the kids. He has a song on his CD about how kids need to follow their dreams and become successful.
I personally dislike rap, but I don't hate it to the core. I'm sure people that like rap wouldn't like techno and other types of music I enjoy. So, it's not really worth argueing if it sucks or not, since humans were created for free will.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Ckarma
I personally dislike rap, but I don't hate it to the core. I'm sure people that like rap wouldn't like techno and other types of music I enjoy. So, it's not really worth argueing if it sucks or not, since humans were created for free will.

Why WOULDN'T they?

I find, actually that people who really love music...usually like everything except country (I know quite a few music breathers that can't stand country...funny).

Anyway, Sakagami's here...he'll take care of things 3nodding
This is off topic, but about that "Rap is crap? Prove that s**t!" thing, someone made another thread that lasted a day called "Pop is poop? Prove that excretement!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff