Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Do you think abortion is wrong under any circumstance?
Abortion is just wrong, but to the mother and child live-die options (mostly during cesarean sections) i think it is reasonable.
Why?
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Abortion is just wrong, but to the mother and child live-die options (mostly during cesarean sections) i think it is reasonable.
Why?
It kills life of an innocent child. Any other reasons from what i have mentioned is not reasonable and unforgivable to me.
Corrupting Clay
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Corrupting Clay
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Im also uncertain about contraceptives, what do you think of them?

What I actually think about contraceptives, or do you want me to try to devil's advocate an anti-contraceptive position?
everything you know, your opinion etc.

There's painfully little money going into research into improved contraceptives, particularly for women. The pill was invented almost a century ago, and it has scarcely improved since that time, most innovations going into administering the same hormonal mix using different methods (the patch, different pill regimens, etc). Many women still have significant side-effects to the pill and so there's a lot of room for improving it or introducing better female contraceptive methods.

Male contraceptive research has been going well. We have better sterility options (barring the biggest problem with the vasectomy - the part cut might regenerate after a few years and the procedure could cease to be effective) in terms of price and reversibility, and there's a ton of research into a 'male pill'.

There are people who have moral compunctions to using contraception, believing that it promotes sexual sin (you can find this position among some more extreme catholics, for instance). I don't feel such a position is worthy of being taken seriously, and only a minority of people adhere to it anyway.

What about the counterpart? about over population and economy

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Why?
It kills life of an innocent child. Any other reasons from what i have mentioned is not reasonable and unforgivable to me.
What defines a child?
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
What about the counterpart? about over population and economy

Hold up. Deficiencies in existing contraception is not reason not to use it!

Just to grumble about it while using it.
frozen_water
What defines a child?
I believe a child with the good supervision of their parents can make a change in this world. Whatever changing it is, it must be good.

edit: for me children are this world's future

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
What defines a child?
I believe a child with the good supervision of their parents can make a change in this world. Whatever changing it is, it must be good.

That didn't answer my question at all. What defines a child, as in what is it? Not what it has the potential to be.
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
What defines a child?

That didn't answer my question at all. What defines a child, as in what is it? Not what it has the potential to be.
what defines a child?

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
What defines a child?

what defines a child?
Yes, go on.
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
What defines a child?

what defines a child?
Yes, go on.
I thought you had the answer because you said it was wrong, child is a human, formed when a female and a male had sex. as the males' sperm goes inside female's it comes to life and they have the right to live as human

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
What defines a child?

what defines a child?
Yes, go on.
I thought you had the answer because you said it was wrong, child is a human, formed when a female and a male had sex. as the males' sperm goes inside female's it comes to life and they have the right to live as human
Your answer wasn't really wrong, it just didn't address the question.

As to the post at hand, at what point does it become a "child" is it the moment sperm hits egg? It's important we establish the basics before discussing further.
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
what defines a child?
Yes, go on.

As to the post at hand, at what point does it become a "child" is it the moment sperm hits egg? It's important we establish the basics before discussing further.
as far as i know, sperm meeting the egg comes to life within 10-20 days. Im really unclear about it and i wanted someone to atleast tell me what they know. i dont really know if i should consider the sperms children and humans

edit: but from whatever reason they should not abort for they will do it again in the mean time because they get choices. it kills peoples morale

Conservative Citizen

Alright....

Personally,

1. I am against abortion, though not exactly in favor of it being illegal. This does not mean I think it's "OK" or anything. I feel iffy about it being made illegal since people will obviously just get illegal abortions then and that's not safe for anyone. I don't believe women who get abortions are terrible or unforgivable, so I think that they at least deserve to have a safe and legal abortion if that's what they've decided to do.

2. I am not interested in hormonal forms of birth control, but am not opposed to contraception in general. When I was in 10th grade, my mom had a pulmonary embolism and almost died. The only thing the doctors could tie this incidence to was her birth control pills, so I feel like I'd be a little paranoid taking them anyway. Secondly, and this ties into my feelings on abortion, I do believe that "life" begins at conception. It just makes sense to me that the "starting point" of when the egg/sperm unite would be the beginning of "life." When else? 6 weeks? 12 weeks? 30 weeks? Birth? It's open to interpretation, I suppose, but I'd rather stick with my current beliefs. Anyway, this is related to birth control because I know that hormonal methods do not always prevent conception, but will still prevent implantation as a backup if ovulation, and eventually fertilization, still occur. It's just not a concept that I'm comfortable with.

Devoted Sweetheart

Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Abortion is just immoral.

Lacarnum Inflamaurae
It kills the life of an innocent child.

These are Christian viewpoints. To debate them with you would be to debate the entirety of your religious view. I'm more than willing to do that, but something tells me you wouldn't be.

And since when I started this you hadn't yet answered; if you believe that "life" begins at the moment a sperm and an egg meet, then let's take that single-celled organism out of it's nice cozy uterus and throw it on a table. Let's see how long it lives.

Oh wait, it doesn't. It's not capable of sustaining itself outside of its host. So it's not yet alive.

EDIT: I forgot to mention contraceptives; if contraceptives, which block this merger from taking place (unless we're specifically talking about Plan B and its ilk, which is a different ballgame; see above), are somehow equally immoral, because by not allowing the sperm and egg to meet you are denying the formation of life, then so is masturbating. And by the same note, so are your periods, since you're just throwing an egg in the trash once a month and not letting it become a child.

Old Testament days, men were punished for spilling their seed outside of a woman, even when not consciously (ie wet dreams). If we're diverting back to that...you'd better not like cheese on your hamburgers...or bacon...or be speaking at all, since you're a woman.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
frozen_water
what defines a child?
Yes, go on.

as far as i know, sperm meeting the egg comes to life within 10-20 days. Im really unclear about it and i wanted someone to atleast tell me what they know. i dont really know if i should consider the sperms children and humans

edit: but from whatever reason they should not abort for they will do it again in the mean time because they get choices. it kills peoples morale
Now we're getting somewhere.

So what makes it come to life? what happens within those 10-20 days that would make it become "a life"? Is it when you believe cells are forming? Is it when the soul enters the body? What's your thought process there?

And I'll help you out here, a sperm is not a human, it's a sperm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff