Welcome to Gaia! ::

frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
But i have the right to do everything what i wanted and those children have the right to live. Consume it or not.
Pro-lifers do not leave the option of "consuming it or not" they want to mandate everyone adhere to their set of beliefs.

I am anti-abortion. However, you want one, go for it. Just don't expect any agreement to having the taxpayers foot the bill for it, and don't expect a parade.
abortion is ugly

ban it

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
But i have the right to do everything what i wanted and those children have the right to live. Consume it or not.
Pro-lifers do not leave the option of "consuming it or not" they want to mandate everyone adhere to their set of beliefs.

I am anti-abortion. However, you want one, go for it. Just don't expect any agreement to having the taxpayers foot the bill for it, and don't expect a parade.
1)Pro-Lifers specifically advocate for the prohibition of abortion. (If you feel your "anti-abortion" stance is different then whatever, but I'm not sure why your view is relevant to my post.)

2) Do you really think anyone wants a parade for their abortion? Those who get abortions don't so because they think it'll be some cherished act.
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

1)Pro-Lifers specifically advocate for the prohibition of abortion. (If you feel your "anti-abortion" stance is different then whatever, but I'm not sure why your view is relevant to my post.)

2) Do you really think anyone wants a parade for their abortion? Those who get abortions don't so because they think it'll be some cherished act.

Then you haven't met some of the feminists I've met. They will flat out proudly and loudly proclaim they've had abortions.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

Then you haven't met some of the feminists I've met. They will flat out proudly and loudly proclaim they've had abortions.
They don't get abortions to spite pro-lifers, nor do they do so to make a point, they make the decision because they perceive it to be in the best interest for themselves and the unborn child.

Proud perhaps in the sense they aren't ashamed and want people to know it (specifically because they know about the negative stigma propagated by pro-lifers), but not in the sense that they are just so ******** pleased with themselves they wanna scream it to the world.
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

feminists? terrible ******** people
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

They don't get abortions to spite pro-lifers, nor do they do so to make a point, they make the decision because they perceive it to be in the best interest for themselves and the unborn child.

Proud perhaps in the sense they aren't ashamed and want people to know it (specifically because they know about the negative stigma propagated by pro-lifers), but not in the sense that they are just so ******** pleased with themselves they wanna scream it to the world.

Let's clarify one major thing here? While the abortion may be in their selfish best interest? Unless the child is going to be born and live in horrific pain, it is NEVER in the child's best interest to be aborted, so lets just smack that in the ******** head right now.
It's in HER best interest, not the kids, and to attempt to claim it is is a lie.
Andy Worhal
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae

feminists? terrible ******** people

I know some good feminists, just as I know some shittastic ones.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe

Let's clarify one major thing here? While the abortion may be in their selfish best interest? Unless the child is going to be born and live in horrific pain, it is NEVER in the child's best interest to be aborted, so lets just smack that in the ******** head right now.
It's in HER best interest, not the kids, and to attempt to claim it is is a lie.
You'll have a hard time proving that it's not in the child's best interest, or that the woman is just doing it for selfish reasons.

There are almost innumerable life circumstances people can be found in, and to assume you have a "one-size fits all" answer is rather arrogant.
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe

You'll have a hard time proving that it's not in the child's best interest, or that the woman is just doing it for selfish reasons.

There are almost innumerable life circumstances people can be found in, and to assume you have a "one-size fits all" answer is rather arrogant.

Wrong. You' re going to have to prove that death trumps life every single time as you insinuate. You're the one making a blanket statement that no chance is better than any other chance.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe
frozen_water
Old Blue Collar Joe

Wrong. You' re going to have to prove that death trumps life every single time as you insinuate. You're the one making a blanket statement that no chance is better than any other chance.
I said no such thing.
Corrupting Clay
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Im also uncertain about contraceptives, what do you think of them?

What I actually think about contraceptives, or do you want me to try to devil's advocate an anti-contraceptive position?
everything you know, your opinion etc.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Do you think abortion is wrong under any circumstance?
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Corrupting Clay
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Im also uncertain about contraceptives, what do you think of them?

What I actually think about contraceptives, or do you want me to try to devil's advocate an anti-contraceptive position?
everything you know, your opinion etc.

There's painfully little money going into research into improved contraceptives, particularly for women. The pill was invented almost a century ago, and it has scarcely improved since that time, most innovations going into administering the same hormonal mix using different methods (the patch, different pill regimens, etc). Many women still have significant side-effects to the pill and so there's a lot of room for improving it or introducing better female contraceptive methods.

Male contraceptive research has been going well. We have better sterility options (barring the biggest problem with the vasectomy - the part cut might regenerate after a few years and the procedure could cease to be effective) in terms of price and reversibility, and there's a ton of research into a 'male pill'.

There are people who have moral compunctions to using contraception, believing that it promotes sexual sin (you can find this position among some more extreme catholics, for instance). I don't feel such a position is worthy of being taken seriously, and only a minority of people adhere to it anyway.
frozen_water
Lacarnum Inflamaurae
Do you think abortion is wrong under any circumstance?
Abortion is just wrong, but to the mother and child live-die options (mostly during cesarean sections) i think it is reasonable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff