Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Super 9-Volt
People actually do that? o_รด

Pretty horribly in fact, some people live their lives in terror that the CIA is constantly watching them or that their spouse could "snap" and kill them at any minute because they're a suprah sekrit black ops guys. Some people have even conned people out of millions of dollars, and it's difficult to get it back since the "Stolen Valor" laws were changed.

A surprisingly high percent are rapists or child molesters, it's pretty awful actually.

Fanatical Zealot

In my opinion, don't be afraid to ask about details, especially if they're close to you. You might not outright question a story, but just ask about their service in general, record it, google everything the say. If you're really worried, ask for a DD-214 (these can actually be easily faked) or get freedom of information act stuff.

You don't want to come off as insulting, but most veterans will understand if you're skeptical, especially with how many weirdos there are around. Considering that with the age of the internet you can google almost anything, and read posts of actual military veterans and copy stuff they say, these people can create surprising polished stories even if they themselves are complete dumbasses, so, it can't hurt to check.

Lonely Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Vestri Umbra

That video was great.

Fanatical Zealot

Vexting
Vestri Umbra

That video was great.

It was actually pretty good, I agree. xp

Usually most parodies are only so-so, that one was pretty good lol xD

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
So are these just pathological liars trying to leverage the patriotic attitudes that run rampant throughout America?

Lonely Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yoshpet
So are these just pathological liars trying to leverage the patriotic attitudes that run rampant throughout America?

They very well could be pathological liars. The first man in my original post that I discussed, I believe, was a pathological liar and quite possibly a psychopath. Either he believed the lies he was telling (he would get emotional when discussing the 'terrible things he had witnessed), or he was a good actor.

So for these kinds of people to be a pathological liar would not surprise me in the slightest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff