Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Smoker

GAARA704
i agreee, and i <3 your avi

I get ready for Halloween in August.
Cold Oktober
Alice-Acedia
Cold Oktober

while i agree with you on many terms, i'd never want to see drugs legalized. i know it's not the drugs themselves that hurt the user, it's the abuse of them, but i've seen alcohol and drugs destroy too many lives close to me. i'm biased in this respect.

i mentally lol'd at this.

the word ignorant flashes in my head. lol

what's funny is that i did say i was biased. but, whatever, it's cool. i wasn't looking for an argument, so i'll take my que and leave.

the fact that that's why you're biased.
is why I said that.
And do what you please girlie--
just don't dish it if you can't take it.

that goes for anything you say-not just things considered 'rude'. dramallama

Hallowed Smoker

A Lost Iguana
The public health concerns about the likes of heroin mean that I really cannot condone the sale of all substances. I would rather those addicts get controlled help.

In a perfect world, heroin would only be used for medical purposes.

We don't live in a perfect world.

That said, Medical Heroin like that found in the EU, specifically the UK doesn't cause any of the nasty vascular damage we find on the streets around here.

A Lost Iguana

Most others (cannabis, LSD, MDMA etc.) sure. Sell and tax. The nasty stuff I would have programs for people to ween off them.

That's one of the staples I see for legalization. It'd be much like if you're caught doing something illegal while on alcohol. You get put through some sort of program.

Hallowed Smoker

Mazzin

What drugs were you doing?

LSD.

Mazzin

Yes, stupid people do stupid things. The government's purpose is to protect everyone, not just the "smart" people.

No. The government's purpose is to keep order. Which, back in the pre-1930 world in which all drugs were legal. Heroin, Cocaine, Morphine, Cannabis, Psilocybin mushrooms. There was less crime.

You know why drugs are illegal?

To keep the "Negro's" in line.
Mazzin

Also, drugs CAN make you do stupid things. I've witnessed first hand how stupid people can get on drugs. These people used to be very smart people before they were introduced to drugs. I'm not talking about weed or alcohol either. We are talking about legalizing everything, which includes all the "hard" drugs. If you saw what these drugs could do to a persons life then I think you would think differently.

Lady, I've been around people who are on hard drugs. Infact, I've been in the same room with people shooting up and smoking meth. I'd never participate myself, for various reasons.

I know a heroin addict with an IQ higher than mine. The man can talk circles around any metaphysical problem, legality, and knows a damn lot about chemistry.

You see, it's not the drugs that make a person stupid. It's the person that makes the drug stupid. You cannot blame the drug for any stupidity, you can only blame the environment and the person.
Mazzin
Yes, stupid people do stupid things. The government's purpose is to protect everyone, not just the "smart" people. Also, drugs CAN make you do stupid things. I've witnessed first hand how stupid people can get on drugs. These people used to be very smart people before they were introduced to drugs. I'm not talking about weed or alcohol either. We are talking about legalizing everything, which includes all the "hard" drugs. If you saw what these drugs could do to a persons life then I think you would think differently.

I somehow find it doubtful that you've seen people on drugs, but that's besides the point. Legalizing drugs reduces the criminal element involved in the production, transport and sale of drugs vis-a-vis the prohibition era bootleggers. Why do you think there was a spike of crime during that period? It seems rather obvious doesn't it?
Quote:
Yes, the government's purpose is to keep order. In order to keep order you would have to keep people from doing stupid things, right? This includes protecting people from harmful things.

The only main drugs I have problems with are heroine, cocaine, and meth. A lot of great friends of mine have gone down those roads and never been the same people since. I can't even talk to them anymore. All they talk about is getting more of the drug. I've never heard any of them talk about any metaphysical problems, and the only chemistry I've heard them mention has to do with this drug their addicted to. Just because you know one heroine addict with a crazy high IQ doesn't mean that heroine is okay and everyone should do it. It's HIGHLY addictive and once you do it that's all you ever think about.

So the Government will tell us all what is best for us and how we should behave and what to do or don't do. All for our own security. Are we talking about a Dictatorship government?

Definition of Dictatorship: Absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control.

Absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control in this case for our own well being, decided by those in power. In fact dictated by them onto us.

Where in this is the free will and the right of the individual to do as he please concerning himself?
Who made the government owner of the will and freedom of a human born on earth?
Where comes the right from the government to dictate what we are allowed to do to ourselves?
Quote:
I said they keep us from hurting ourselves and each other.

How do the keep us from hurting ourselves?

What about the addict found with hard drugs and put in jail for 10-20 years? How much will that help him? And in jail they still do drugs. How does that help?

Doesn't the money spend chasing after drugs and drug user is better spend in health care and education?

Quote:
I'm not saying we should take away everyone's free will. I am only looking out for people because I want them to lead happy fulfilling lives and it's so hard to do that when you are addicted to something so strong.

Is that not dictating to people should do? By dictating what they should do are you not taking their rights away to decide for themselves what is best for them? Who decide what is best for a person?

Quote:
hard drugs should never be handed out to the public like candy. It's not something I think we should mess with.

What about the pharmaceuticals prescribing some drugs that are much worse than those you are afraid of? Are some hard drug legal because the are sold by corporations for profit while others are not?

Bytheway you just repeated what you said without answering the many questions asked.

Why do people feel the need for others to decide their fate? And by doing so without realizing are giving their freedom away?

Is it correct to with use of violence (or the threat of) force people to do as you want because you deem it best for said person?

Hallowed Smoker

Mazzin

Yes, the government's purpose is to keep order. In order to keep order you would have to keep people from doing stupid things, right? This includes protecting people from harmful things.

No. The United States Government was set up to protect people from harming the rights of other people.

NOT to protect people from themselves. Any crime commited while under the influence of drugs, should be punished as if the person was sober.

Your rights end, where mine begin.

What is the harm of smoking a doobie, snorting a line, injecting myself, or smoking meth in the comfort of my own home?
Mazzin

The only main drugs I have problems with are heroine, cocaine, and meth. A lot of great friends of mine have gone down those roads and never been the same people since. I can't even talk to them anymore.

Which happens when people grow up anyway.
Mazzin

All they talk about is getting more of the drug. I've never heard any of them talk about any metaphysical problems, and the only chemistry I've heard them mention has to do with this drug their addicted to. Just because you know one heroine addict with a crazy high IQ doesn't mean that heroine is okay and everyone should do it. It's HIGHLY addictive and once you do it that's all you ever think about.

One? I know several. I know meth addicts that are easily do calculus problems, I know coke heads with high income jobs.

The drug is not the issue. It's the person.

Furthermore, there is no drug that's instantly makes you addicted the first time you take it.
La Veuve Zin
And yes, some people do use drugs responsibly, when they have the day off and when they're not around their kids and not driving, etc. You just don't notice them because their drug use isn't a problem.

This
Alice-Acedia

Agreed, unfortunately.

I say unfortunately, because I don't really like the idea about those sort of drugs out on the street to buy and use--and the s**t they can do to you--

but the fact of the matter is that they are already on the streets--and always will be.
the fact they exist makes them a permanent part of human society.

Might as well embrace as much as possible, as opposed to pushing it away.
Too many things have been criminalized anyways, as a side note this.

Last thing we need is MORE ******** people in our prisons. :/

Much respect for being able to see past your personal feelings about a substance. There need to be more people like you.
Mazzin

Yes, stupid people do stupid things. The government's purpose is to protect everyone, not just the "smart" people.
Show me the part of the constitution where the federal government is empowered to tell me what I can and cannot ingest.

Original Player

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Desert Glass
That's some Brave New World s**t right there.

If you look at our current situation, there are already plenty of people taking legal antidepressants every day to stay happy. That's not to say that people aren't going to purchase drugs (I use that in the most general sense) from vendors if they became legal but I doubt the abuse rate is really going to go up much if at all.

Plus, look at our economy. We could use a little bump.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff