Riviera de la Mancha
Suicidesoldier#1
Riviera de la Mancha
Suicidesoldier#1
Riviera de la Mancha
Suicidesoldier#1

No no no, use guilt.

It's far more powerful.

"Is this really what you want to do?", I mean, ask them who they are as a person, get think thinking about it, as an internal struggle.

Far more effective.

Nobody cares about other people that much, BUT like guilt and stuff.

Insecurity is a rare trait, but morality usually is not.

Everyone is insecure about something. Like I said, just a matter of finding it and learning how to exploit it.

I think you overestimate that.

Actually very few people are insecure.

The insecure propagate that myth though.

"Lots of people insecure"- I guess that make themselves feel better lol

People like to think they are not insecure, but everyone is. Just not necessarily about the same thing or get insure in the same way.

The insecure people are those who cant admit they are insecure about some things.

I'm not insecure about nothing, or at least in any way that would have other people effect me on it. O_o

Yeah, sure you are.

Mhhm.

Now guilt, you can make someone feel guilt.
You're making the fatal assumption law makers abide by the constitution. It's more or less a general guideline they adhere to when the situation fits, then cast aside when it becomes troublesome.
What court ruling was recently upheld by the supreme court that infringes upon our civil liberties? Oh that's right, strip searches during booking, without any probably cause whatsoever.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/30/middleborough-police-chief-proposes-20-fine-for-swearing/

If you don't want to exercise the right, that's fine. But seriously, attempting to curb it?

It's not a new concept. I found that out last year, when I vacationed in Virgina Beach. They have signs all over the place with an anti-swearing logo on it.

Apparently there, it's not illegal to swear exactly (they honestly can't stop you), but if you make some sort of scene of it (like going on a loud tirade of some sort), they can fine you for it, in the words of my aunt who is local to the area, "Big time".

I almost wanted to buy some copy of the sign, so I could take it home, and publicly (via youtube, at least) deface or destroy it, in some way. Probably shoot at it with my .243, or something to that effect. Because that is the most bullshit stupid thing I've ever heard of...

Yes, I understand the idea of trying to keep a peaceful, family friendly image of your area...but targetting swearing, specifically.....that's just stupid.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Requiem in Mortis
Haha Coffee
Seems like a good idea, your right to swear should not infringe on my right not to hear it.
Because heaven forbid you have to hear someone drop an F-bomb in public.

Exactly it would be offensive and rude, and I think a fine would be a suitable punishment.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Haha Coffee
Requiem in Mortis
Haha Coffee
Seems like a good idea, your right to swear should not infringe on my right not to hear it.

Exactly it would be offensive and rude, and I think a fine would be a suitable punishment.

It's only "offensive" because you were raised to see it that way.

Unfortunately for you, there is no constitutional right that protects you from being offended.

There is, however, a constitutional right that protects me from being censored.

The constitution is on my side, like it or not.

When a man tells me to watch my mouth, I tell him to watch my finger.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
Requiem in Mortis
Haha Coffee

And what's wrong with that?
Legilsation should reflect common practice.

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, there is no constitutional right that protects you from being offended.

Thankfully I live in England , and it is a crime to use vulgar language in public.

Quote:

Perhaps it's time to alter it....more I mean.

Quote:

Which shows you are unfit to be allowed out of the house unaccompanied by a responsible adult of reasonable mental capacity to help control you.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Haha Coffee
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
Requiem in Mortis
Haha Coffee

Besides being closed-minded, and defying simple logic?

Quote:

Free speech should never be hindered.

There is nothing wrong with the words.

In my eyes, calling someone a "Big, fat, doodoo-head!" is ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER, than calling them a "fat-a** s**t-head". It's the exact same sentiment. The person is being accused of being obese, and equated to having animal excrement in place of their cranium. Why exactly is one in need of being censored, and not the other?

Quote:
Quote:

Thankfully I live in England,

Ah. That explains enough...

Quote:
and it is a crime to use vulgar language in public.

That's ******** pathetic...

What exactly is "vulgar language", anyway? What makes certain words "bad"?

What legally defines a given choice of letters and/or syllables as being "unnacceptable"?

Maybe I think the stereotypical English expression "I say!" should be classified as "vulgar".

It's all just a blind appeal to outdated tradition.

Quote:

Never.

The Bill of Rights (amendments 1 through 10 of the Constitution) are absolutely UNTOUCHABLE. Meaning "NOT TO BE ******** WITH, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!!"

I mean, if we're going to start regulating free speech, why stop there? Why not tell those heathen atheists, wiccans, pagans, buddhists, islamics, mormons, and jews to "join Christianity" under the threat of legal consequence?

Quote:
Quote:

Which shows you are unfit to be allowed out of the house unaccompanied by a responsible adult of reasonable mental capacity to help control you.

So...because I prefer a less "uptight" approach to life, and elect a more down to earth, open-minded and tolerant approach, I'm "immature", and in need of constant supervision?

Be careful on your high-horse, Captain a*****e. You don't want to fall and hurt yourself.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
Requiem in Mortis

It's closed-minded, and illogical?

Quote:

Free speech should not be hindered.

It really should, I take it you have never heard of "Slander"?
It's where you lie about someone and cause damage to there reputation.

It can ruin lives, physically ,emotionally and financially.

Quote:

That's pathetic.

And what is "vulgar language", anyway? What makes certain words "bad"?

Popular appeal is what makes them bad.
There are a host of words that have a use which is used soley to insult people, or have a purpose that is to emotionally hurt or belittle individuals.

That's mental assault, that shouldn't be allowed because of free-speech, same as slander.

Quote:

Never.

The Bill of Rights (amendments 1 through 10 of the Constitution) are absolutely UNTOUCHABLE.

Tell that to your government, they have changed 1-10 quite a bit in the past few hundred years.

Quote:

So...because I prefer a less "uptight" approach to life, and elect a more down to earth, open-minded and tolerant approach, I'm "immature", and in need of constant supervision?

Adovocating the right to insult people at will and cause them distress, or to use language that is common in that field is not a "tolerant" approach to life, it's an agressive and barbaric one.

Quote:
Be careful on your high-horse, Captain a*****e. You don't want to fall and hurt yourself.

Don't worry ive been taking riding lessons since I was six.
But I was never a Captain, I only got Cpl .

Dangerous Seeker

Haha Coffee

Quote:

I was ambivalent to you whenever I saw you in ED-P before this.

Now you can go ******** yourself.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Director Danguy
Haha Coffee

Quote:

You think some flaw filled document written by a bunch of wig-wearing terrorists a few hundred years ago is stuiable to govern an evolving human society without evolving itself to meet the demands placed upon it?

I mean if Cricket need an LBW Rule, America needs to re-evaluate it's legislation.

I am constantly thankful im not American, I really am.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Haha Coffee
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee

Quote:

Fair point. I'll give you a half-credit.

See, that's a very different issue, than what words someone is allowed to use.

Quote:
Quote:

That's pathetic.

Ah. So it's hive-mind.

"It offends me, because it offends many people, and I refuse to go against the grain, and actually think for myself".

Nice. At least you can admit to it, somewhat.

Quote:
There are a host of words that have a use which is used soley to insult people, or have a purpose that is to emotionally hurt or belittle individuals.

Wrong. The VAST majority of those words often have "positive" or "neutral" applications, as well.

Such as something good being classified as "the s**t", or "******** great".

Also, there's a popular thing with people accepting being called a "b***h" as a pseudo-compliment.

And there's always the friendly jest. Especially as the victim of a humorous prank. "You b*****d! xd I'm going to get you back, for that! Just you wait! biggrin "

Even "******", which is about as close to a "truly offensive" word as you can get, can be used in a non-offensive manner, such as the somewhat common practice of referring to one's friends as "my niggas".

So...yeah. So much for that argument.

Quote:
Quote:

Adovocating the right to insult people at will and cause them distress,

Who is honestly "distressed" when I suddenly yell "AWW ********] when I suddenly realize that I don't have my wallet, upon trying to pay for something?

Quote:
or to use language that is common in that field is not a "tolerant" approach to life, it's an agressive and barbaric one.

Yes. Because the ONLY reason someone would use such words, is to insult someone else.

Phrases like "Holy s**t! this is awesome!" "I ******** love you!" simply don't exist. Riiiiiiiiiight. rolleyes

And maybe "barbaric" can be a good thing, sometimes? At least they had a damn spine, and didn't get their panties in a bunch, at every little thing that isn't just sunshine and goddamn rainbows...

I'm "tolerant", in that I accept the rights of others to involve themselves in activities that I may not wish to be a part of, myself, without criticizing them for it. And I expect the same to be returned. Live and let live.

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I guess not everyone can be as awesome as me. *shrug* Oh well.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Haha Coffee
Director Danguy
Haha Coffee

Quote:

You think some flaw filled document written by a bunch of wig-wearing terrorists a few hundred years ago is stuiable to govern an evolving human society without evolving itself to meet the demands placed upon it?

I mean if Cricket need an LBW Rule, America needs to re-evaluate it's legislation.

What a coincidence! I'M thankful you're not American, too.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
black_wing_angel

Quote:

Fair point. I'll give you a half-credit.

See, that's a very different issue, than what words someone is allowed to use.

Quote:
Quote:

That's pathetic.

Ah. So it's hive-mind.

"It offends me, because it offends many people, and I refuse to go against the grain, and actually think for myself".

Nice. At least you can admit to it, somewhat.

Quote:

Wrong. The VAST majority of those words often have "positive" or "neutral" applications, as well.

Such as something good being classified as "the s**t", or "******** great".

Also, there's a popular thing with people accepting being called a "b***h" as a pseudo-compliment.

And there's always the friendly jest. Especially as the victim of a humorous prank. "You b*****d! xd I'm going to get you back, for that! Just you wait! biggrin "

Even "******", which is about as close to a "truly offensive" word as you can get, can be used in a non-offensive manner, such as the somewhat common practice of referring to one's friends as "my niggas".

So...yeah. So much for that argument.

Quote:
Quote:

Adovocating the right to insult people at will and cause them distress,

Who is honestly "distressed" when I suddenly yell "AWW ********] when I suddenly realize that I don't have my wallet, upon trying to pay for something?

Quote:
or to use language that is common in that field is not a "tolerant" approach to life, it's an agressive and barbaric one.

Yes. Because the ONLY reason someone would use such words, is to insult someone else.

Phrases like "Holy s**t! this is awesome!" "I ******** love you!" simply don't exist. Riiiiiiiiiight. rolleyes

And maybe "barbaric" can be a good thing, sometimes? At least they had a damn spine, and didn't get their panties in a bunch, at every little thing that isn't just sunshine and goddamn rainbows...

I'm "tolerant", in that I accept the rights of others to involve themselves in activities that I may not wish to be a part of, myself, without criticizing them for it. And I expect the same to be returned. Live and let live.

Quote:
Quote:

Well, I guess not everyone can be as awesome as me. *shrug* Oh well.

In every case of an Insult being used positively that you mentioned, the use of Sarcasm or jest needed to be employed which is a contextual changing not conjoined to the core meaning of the word.

But yes, I think they should be stopped (in public) even in positive ways.

I swear myself, often and loudly, among friends and close collegues/relatives.
But to take that into a open Public setting is unacceptable, because it is a thing that will offend many.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
black_wing_angel
Haha Coffee
Director Danguy
Haha Coffee

Quote:

What a coincidence! I'M thankful you're not American, too.

I know!
It leaves me free to enjoy greater personal liberties and privileges than you do, to have a fundamental right to more, and a greater legal protection in many areas.

Also I get to stand on a current moral platform for tons of my nations decisions compared to yours.

Weeeeee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces