Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omorose Panya
Princess Creampie
Omorose Panya
I'm okay with it as long as the money goes to me personally.

No! It must go to me! I am the Fuhrer!
You do deserve a cut. You can have $1 per every $100,001 I make. 3nodding

Prepare to face my secret police, womyn! They will beat you senseless, and then take Lima as the damsel in distress to the top of a lighthouse on the coast of Lithuania. The only way you can defeat me is in a fencing battle. But-I must warn you, they didn't call me the second coming of Stalin for nothing. I am his daughter, and I will defend his honor! (with an ice pick)

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Belonging To Night
"Dagnabbit, a pox on you, you wily navy blue-uniformed, porcine wretch!"

That will get you a raised eybrow.
Belonging To ******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"[/quote]
That will give you the tried and true "Step out of the vehicle." Then you will most likely get a ticket, or worse if you push your
e3cpdllp:1="Belonging To ******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"[/quote]
That will give you the tried and true "Step out of the vehicle." Then you will most likely get a ticket, or worse if you push your luck.
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night

That will give you the tried and true "Step out of the vehicle." Then you will most likely get a ticket, or worse if you push your
e3cpdllp:2="Belonging To ******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"[/quote]
That will give you the tried and true "Step out of the vehicle." Then you will most likely get a ticket, or worse if you push your luck.

What if you challenged the police officer to a duel of tasers, and you didn't have a taser of your own?
Dr Dillinger
Old Blue Collar Joe
The issue is the GOVERNMENT saying 'we are going to control your speech'.

Pfft. You want to find an issue here. It's an unenforcable mess that won't ever come to fruition.

It's a topic about the government, be it a local government, or a federal government, attempting to pass a law, actually, re-engage a law, that goes against the constitution, and whether people agree or disagree with a law being reinforced.
Old Blue Collar Joe
It's a topic about the government, be it a local government, or a federal government, attempting to pass a law, actually, re-engage a law, that goes against the constitution, and whether people agree or disagree with a law being reinforced.

Who gives a s**t? Slippery slope? Please go for the slippery slope.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Belonging To Night
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night

e3cpdllp:3="Belonging To ******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"[/quote]

What if you challenged the police officer to a duel of tasers, and you didn't have a taser of your own?

.......Then you will lose. What, you honestly think a cop going to give you a set of tasers? Besides, if you challenge them the old fashion traditional way, that can be seen as assaulting a peace officer. In which case you win a shiny pair of bracelets.
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night

e3cpdllp:4="Belonging To ******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"[/quote]

.......Then you will lose. What, you honestly think a cop going to give you a set of tasers? Besides, if you challenge them the old fashion traditional way, that can be seen as assaulting a peace officer. In which case you win a shiny pair of bracelets.

Can these bracelets be bartered for other such jewelry?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Belonging To Night
Keltoi Samurai
Hanma Selis
Princess Creampie
Old Blue Collar Joe
Princess Creampie
I hardly swear in real life. The only times are when I'm really angry or annoyed--or having sex.

Personally, when someone swears in front of me, I find it distasteful.

Not relevant whether one finds it acceptable or not. It's against the first amendment.

In the state of Illinois, it's illegal to swear towards someone who works in law enforcement.

That is a more understandable law, seeing that it is considered disrespecting a peace officer. But still, $20 for using profanity? That is kinda extreme.

I can UNDERSTAND the law about swearing at a police officer, I just don't necessarily agree with it, as I have trouble understanding why swearwords used in a disrespectful way are somehow worse than nonswears used disrespectfully.

though, to be honest, even if I WERE to be disrespectful to a cop, I wouldn't use swears at them. I usually prefer a bit more . . . finesse, when insulting a member of the general populace, and I wouldn't offer an officer of the law any less than my finest in insults. swearing is, quite frankly, lazy.

"Dagnabbit, a pox on you, you wily navy blue-uniformed, porcine wretch!" versus "******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"

replace the "dagnabbit" with a reference to fried-dough gobbling, or cheap coffee swilling, and you're on the right track. it should also be made personalised. mention his rank insignia, comment on the scuffs on his shoes or the condition of his shield ( if he's wearing one ). make sure it applies to THIS man in uniform, rather than being a general insult applicable to anyone that might wear it.

they are police, positions of respect, even when one must disrespect them. one should invest some creativity and individuality to it. it's only proper

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Belonging To Night
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night

e3cpdllp:5="Belonging To ******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"[/quote]

...Maybe to your new neighbor, who will be looking at you with such lusting eyes and saying what lovely hair you have. But usually, no. The police generally get their bracelets back.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I say good.

Everybody swears so much nowadays that its become a commonplace thing that has no meaning anymore. Especially in popular media.

Probably the biggest culprit is the F word. That word was ran into the ground so hard. It should only be used when talking dirty, that is it honestly. Any other application of it looks lazy or sounds stupid.

The reference to popular media: Deus Ex 3. So much pointless F-Word usage, made Duke Nukem Forever's usage of it look more reasonable as it was humorous. Reason being, in the first game the worst swear was s**t but it was used as low class slang so it worked. I don't remember there being any actual swears in the second one.

Overall I just feel swear words need to be weeded out the common vernacular.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Bubsy
I say good.

Everybody swears so much nowadays that its become a commonplace thing that has no meaning anymore. Especially in popular media.

Probably the biggest culprit is the F word. That word was ran into the ground so hard. It should only be used when talking dirty, that is it honestly. Any other application of it looks lazy or sounds stupid.

The reference to popular media: Deus Ex 3. So much pointless F-Word usage, made Duke Nukem Forever's usage of it look more reasonable as it was humorous. Reason being, in the first game the worst swear was s**t but it was used as low class slang so it worked. I don't remember there being any actual swears in the second one.

Overall I just feel swear words need to be weeded out the common vernacular.

But then how will sailors express their feelings?

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
Protesters should carry signs laced with profanity twisted
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night
Hanma Selis
Belonging To Night
Hanma Selis

...Maybe to your new neighbor, who will be looking at you with such lusting eyes and saying what lovely hair you have. But usually, no. The police generally get their bracelets back.

I don't see what's so wrong with one chap informing another chap that they have a handsome and comely appearance. There's something wrong with the world when a man who compliments another man is frowned upon.
Keltoi Samurai
Belonging To Night
Keltoi Samurai
Hanma Selis
Princess Creampie

In the state of Illinois, it's illegal to swear towards someone who works in law enforcement.

That is a more understandable law, seeing that it is considered disrespecting a peace officer. But still, $20 for using profanity? That is kinda extreme.

I can UNDERSTAND the law about swearing at a police officer, I just don't necessarily agree with it, as I have trouble understanding why swearwords used in a disrespectful way are somehow worse than nonswears used disrespectfully.

though, to be honest, even if I WERE to be disrespectful to a cop, I wouldn't use swears at them. I usually prefer a bit more . . . finesse, when insulting a member of the general populace, and I wouldn't offer an officer of the law any less than my finest in insults. swearing is, quite frankly, lazy.

"Dagnabbit, a pox on you, you wily navy blue-uniformed, porcine wretch!" versus "******** you, you ******** pig! Oink, oink!"

replace the "dagnabbit" with a reference to fried-dough gobbling, or cheap coffee swilling, and you're on the right track. it should also be made personalised. mention his rank insignia, comment on the scuffs on his shoes or the condition of his shield ( if he's wearing one ). make sure it applies to THIS man in uniform, rather than being a general insult applicable to anyone that might wear it.

they are police, positions of respect, even when one must disrespect them. one should invest some creativity and individuality to it. it's only proper

"Your bronzed shield is looking a smidgen lackluster in its sheen and shine!" Accompanied by a slight and dainty chortle.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Belonging To Night
Keltoi Samurai
Belonging To Night
Keltoi Samurai
Hanma Selis
Princess Creampie

"Your bronzed shield is looking a smidgen lackluster in its sheen and shine!" Accompanied by a slight and dainty chortle.

...I'm starting to like your polite insults.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff