• Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

What's wrong with that?

That you can get jail time for a toy gun.

No, you can get jail time for removing the orange cap. Which is the only way to know for sure that it is a toy. Or, vice versa, putting an orange tip on a real gun.

It's completely fair, and practical.

So that means my tiger striped gun is completely illegal in Michigan.

Then fix it. It's honestly not hard.

Quote:
Of course, it is cold there. I think their brains need to thaw out. Can't wait until some five year old breaks his tip off on accident and gets sentenced to eighteen months for breaking the law.

If it breaks, fix or replace it. That simple.

That orange tip is the only thing that stops the police from pelting your a** with REAL ammunition, when they see it. No orange tip? They have no choice but to assume it's a real gun, and take serious action.

It's like that 8th grader (15 years old) that got gunned down, for having a pellet gun, an
d threatening to kill everyone in school with it. It sure looked real, and there was no orange tip for the cops to see, and think "Oh, it's a toy. Alright guys, no danger. Let's go apprehend the little b*****d.". They saw no orange tip, and were forced to think "OH s**t! HE'S GOT A GUN!!!" and take immediate action.

This was a case where the intention WAS to induce the illusion of having a real-deal firearm. But I'd hate for that to happen to someone who honestly meant no harm, in a case of miscommunication.

This law would presumably underscore the importance of that orange tip for your own safety.

So according to this logic, I can paint the flash suppressor of my kalishnikov orange, and it's perfectly legal to play with? You can paint anything orange.
chainmailleman
Old Blue Collar Joe
Only trained professionals are qualified to have weapons!!
Trust big brother to protect us!! How about...nah. I'll, to quote the dipshit in office, 'cling to my religion and guns'.
This is absolutely retarded. An agent cuts loose in his office on a fellow agent, to be taken out by a third? May be time to switch to decaf.

I am a "trained professional". Any ex-military is. And according to the constitution, any American is a "trained professional". The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

That was meant as sarcasm bud. I am a proponent of the second amendment.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
chainmailleman
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe

No, you can get jail time for removing the orange cap. Which is the only way to know for sure that it is a toy. Or, vice versa, putting an orange tip on a real gun.

Quote:
Of course, it is cold there. I think their brains need to thaw out. Can't wait until some five year old breaks his tip off on accident and gets sentenced to eighteen months for breaking the law.

That orange tip is the only thing that stops the police from pelting your a** with REAL ammunition, when they see it. No orange tip? They have no choice but to assume it's a real gun, and take serious action.

It's like that 8th grader (15 years old) that got gunned down, for having a pellet gun, an
d threatening to kill everyone in school with it. It sure looked real, and there was no orange tip for the cops to see, and think "Oh, it's a toy. Alright guys, no danger. Let's go apprehend the little b*****d.". They saw no orange tip, and were forced to think "OH s**t! HE'S GOT A GUN!!!" and take immediate action.

This was a case where the intention WAS to induce the illusion of having a real-deal firearm. But I'd hate for that to happen to someone who honestly meant no harm, in a case of miscommunication.

This law would presumably underscore the importance of that orange tip for your own safety.

So according to this logic, I can paint the flash suppressor of my kalishnikov orange, and it's perfectly legal to play with? You can paint anything orange.

Nice try, but they covered that base. It's also illegal to place an indicator (including orange paint) on a live firearm, for exactly the same reason.
chainmailleman
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe

Quote:

Glad I don't live there. I'd hate it. Spend a couple hundred getting my firearm powder coated, then those dickwads decides it's not nice?
while it is likely that i am not an expert marksman by any means, i would say "highly trained" is irrelevant.

unless it's life or death you should never be taking a shot where missing the target would cause harm to a bystander.

being safe is a different matter, simple rules.

Don't point the end with the hole in it at people you're not planning to shoot.

keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to create holes.

don't catch a falling gun.

a safety is good, but the best safety is between your ears.

be aware of the capabilities of your ammo and be aware of what's behind your target.
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

What's wrong with that?

Quote:

It's like that 8th grader (15 years old) that got gunned down, for having a pellet gun, and threatening to kill everyone in school with it. It sure looked real, and there was no orange tip for the cops to see, and think "Oh, it's a toy. Alright guys, no danger. Let's go apprehend the little b*****d.". They saw no orange tip, and were forced to think "OH s**t! HE'S GOT A GUN!!!" and take immediate action.

pellet guns are not considered toy guns, they do not get orange tips, they never have, they never will.

removing the orange tip from a 'toy' gun shouldn't be illegal, lots of airsoft people remove the orange tip because 1) it's not a law that it's required and 2) it's a gigantic give-away.

federally, i could put orange tape around the muzzle of my AR15, and it wouldn't be illegal.

relying on the orange tip to decide if a gun is real or not is completely pants on head retarded.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Tadpole Jackson
while it is likely that i am not an expert marksman by any means, i would say "highly trained" is irrelevant.

unless it's life or death you should never be taking a shot where missing the target would cause harm to a bystander.

be aware of the capabilities of your ammo and be aware of what's behind your target.

I have this friend, I'm constantly having to remind him about basic range etiquette. next time it comes up, I'm'll steal that line of yours, just up and tell him "keep your booger-hook off the bang switch until you're ready to create holes," maybe throw in a "dumbass" at the end for good measure.
Tadpole Jackson
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe

Quote:

It's like that 8th grader (15 years old) that got gunned down, for having a pellet gun, and threatening to kill everyone in school with it. It sure looked real, and there was no orange tip for the cops to see, and think "Oh, it's a toy. Alright guys, no danger. Let's go apprehend the little b*****d.". They saw no orange tip, and were forced to think "OH s**t! HE'S GOT A GUN!!!" and take immediate action.

pellet guns are not considered toy guns, they do not get orange tips, they never have, they never will.

removing the orange tip from a 'toy' gun shouldn't be illegal, lots of airsoft people remove the orange tip because 1) it's not a law that it's required and 2) it's a gigantic give-away.

federally, i could put orange tape around the muzzle of my AR15, and it wouldn't be illegal.

relying on the orange tip to decide if a gun is real or not is completely pants on head retarded.

I just have this mental image of gangbangers now painting their gun tips bright orange so that they buy an opportunity to pop a round or two off at law enforcement because the cops will be like 'it's got a toy color, and we know people don't break the law'.
Keltoi Samurai
Tadpole Jackson

I have this friend, I'm constantly having to remind him about basic range etiquette. next time it comes up, I'm'll steal that line of yours, just up and tell him "keep your booger-hook off the bang switch until you're ready to create holes," maybe throw in a "dumbass" at the end for good measure.

I really hope that idiot isn't using a Glock with that type of 'safety'.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Tadpole Jackson

Vektor, actually. SP-2 I believe. basically, a South African Beretta 92 chambered in the .40S&W
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Tadpole Jackson

being a glock it has as much chance to grenade as it does to fire.
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Tadpole Jackson

Vektor, actually. SP-2 I believe. basically, a South African Beretta 92 chambered in the .40S&W

Beretta's are decent enough. Not familiar with Vektor, though.
Tadpole Jackson
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Tadpole Jackson

being a glock it has as much chance to grenade as it does to fire.

Carried one of those for years...then the Springfield XD came out...wow. Great guns.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Tadpole Jackson
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe

Quote:

And that's why people get shot by cops. That orange tip isn't THAT big of a giveaway. If you're properly hidden, it should be near impossible to see it. It's not like it glows in the dark.

And again, it's all about letting others, especially the police, know that your gun isn't true firearm that they should take extreme measures to combat.

Quote:

According to this law, it would be. Adding an orange tip to a true firearm, would be considered illegal misrepresentation of danger. Or however they would word it.

Quote:

No, it really isn't. A lot of toys and less than considerable guns are specifically made to perfectly resemble a true firearm. The only notable differences would be the orange tip, and the markings. Which do you believe the cops can see, from 20 feet away? Because I damn sure can tell you that they can't see the markings.

They see the orange tip. That's why it's orange. And then they say "Well, it's not a real dangerous weapon, so take him down without lethal force." Otherwise, they're forced to think "HE'S GOT A GUN! SHOOT HIM!!"

Do you really feel like dying, over a plastic toy / airsoft gun? Me neither. Hence the law. Orange tip on fakes, no orange tip on the real deal. And any alteration of this fact, is a criminal offense.

I like it that way.
black_wing_angel
Tadpole Jackson
black_wing_angel
Old Blue Collar Joe
black_wing_angel

Quote:

And that's why people get shot by cops. That orange tip isn't THAT big of a giveaway. If you're properly hidden, it should be near impossible to see it. It's not like it glows in the dark.

And again, it's all about letting others, especially the police, know that your gun isn't true firearm that they should take extreme measures to combat.

Quote:

According to this law, it would be. Adding an orange tip to a true firearm, would be considered illegal misrepresentation of danger. Or however they would word it.

Quote:

No, it really isn't. A lot of toys and less than considerable guns are specifically made to perfectly resemble a true firearm. The only notable differences would be the orange tip, and the markings. Which do you believe the cops can see, from 20 feet away? Because I damn sure can tell you that they can't see the markings.

They see the orange tip. That's why it's orange. And then they say "Well, it's not a real dangerous weapon, so take him down without lethal force." Otherwise, they're forced to think "HE'S GOT A GUN! SHOOT HIM!!"

Do you really feel like dying, over a plastic toy / airsoft gun? Me neither. Hence the law. Orange tip on fakes, no orange tip on the real deal. And any alteration of this fact, is a criminal offense.

I like it that way.

How long until gangbangers begin putting orange tips on the weapon tips of their firearms? Every second counts in a conflict, and buying the opportunity to get the first round off can kill people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff