Welcome to Gaia! ::

I understand that in modern society that most of you are sheltered sheep, but the truth of the matter is: Killing other human beings is perfectly natural, and if you had lived 800 years ago, you likely would have killed or been killed by another human being. Anyone who disagrees is a sheltered kid who was obviously from circumstances fortunate enough to avoid Military Service.
sweatdrop People are sheltered from the horror of murder?
I was going to post something but then I noticed Keeley Hazel.
Aeggnis

killing =/= murder

but if you want to call it that, yep. they sure are.
Beautiful Blue Kangaroo
Aeggnis

killing =/= murder

but if you want to call it that, yep. they sure are.

Come, together we will build a city-sized obstacle course. It will be way better than natural killing.
It may be a natural occurrence but even so it is still not very a nice thing to do.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Beautiful Blue Kangaroo
I understand that in modern society that most of you are sheltered sheep, but the truth of the matter is: Killing other human beings is perfectly natural, and if you had lived 800 years ago, you likely would have killed or been killed by another human being. Anyone who disagrees is a sheltered kid who was obviously from circumstances fortunate enough to avoid Military Service.

Of course its "natural." Seeing as how human beings are a part of "nature" anything we do is, technically, quite natural. So I'm not really sure where the discussion is here.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
CH1YO
It may be a natural occurrence but even so it is still not very a nice thing to do.
Neitha' tis trollin' people, still considared fun by some people
Doofi3
Beautiful Blue Kangaroo

Of course its "natural." Seeing as how human beings are a part of "nature" anything we do is, technically, quite natural. So I'm not really sure where the discussion is here.

I'm pretty much tired of rich college kids judging me for killing when I didn't have the privilege of getting a free ride through college. I guess it's my own fault for not getting a scholarship, rofl.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
CH1YO

If you think about it the concept of being nice or altruism is more "unnatural" than killing someone...
CH1YO
I tend to agree with the Turian Code: don't attack unless they're asking for it very badly.

Though, violence should never be encouraged, nor viewed as a primary resort towards an action.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Beautiful Blue Kangaroo

I'm pretty much tired of rich college kids judging me for killing when I didn't have the privilege of getting a free ride through college. I guess it's my own fault for not getting a scholarship, rofl.

I don't think that most people really have a problem with military personnel kill other human beings as much as they have a problem with the reasons behind said killing. Still, I think that its rude to talk bad about our soldiers even if one doesn't agree with the people calling the shots.
CH1YO

How "nice" it is has to be as natural as the act itself.

Hygienic Genius

4,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
I would argue that if the consequences of killing another human being benefited humanity, then it would be natural. However, we've evolved to considered immoral, unless in defense in most cases.

Humans used to exist in small tight nit groups where adults and teens occupied a vital niche that served to help the group survive. If you took away one of the members, then the group would be lacking, and therefore weaker because that niche was no longer filled. It was seen as taking away our ability to survive as a whole. As human beings became civilized, codes of law were written that often looked down on murder, and there were penalties for doing so. Over time, laws have been legislated that make killing another being illegal, baring of self defense in most places.

Hygienic Genius

4,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Aeggnis
CH1YO

How "nice" it is has to be as natural as the act itself.

Well we are a social species, things that are considered moral are often things that benefit the survival of the group, being nice just makes it easier to interact with the group.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff