Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, the media annoys the crap out of me, but anyways, if you don't really intorduce your child to television to much, like in japan you could, I wanna move there. Their less politically correct, and alot less uptight, me've been there. and it was cool. so yeah, the media sucks!
Kuramakid
Well, the media annoys the crap out of me, but anyways, if you don't really intorduce your child to television to much, like in japan you could, I wanna move there. Their less politically correct, and alot less uptight, me've been there. and it was cool. so yeah, the media sucks!
Yeah it's a big problem in the US because parents don't want to interact with their kids so they put them in front of a TV
I'm thirteen and I do my own homework and I read book's every night and I just finished one called Little Altars Of Everywhere it's really good!
I am one of the kids that does both. If I want to read (and I do most ofthe time) then I will. If I wanna be lazy I will. The media will influence me in some form, and this is a form of media.
I'm not really insulted...Because I know that there's a portion of teens who aren't like that.
The media is corrupting youth these days.
They fill your head with mindless nonsense and you buy into everything they say...Because you don't know anything else.
Personally, I love reading.
I rarely watch TV and would much rather be sitting down with a good book than watching some crap show on the television.
But..When you go to school all you hear about is the latest American Idol (That's just an example). No one talks about the latest book they've read.>-<
The only type of media I like is movies and and musc, but I don't become infuenced by it.
Ienith
once I get a wife and a kid, we are going to live in the country side of Japan! No t.v., no video games, jsut books, manga, and a dojo! Down with media!

of your'e american, its going to be pretty hard to get a Japanese citizenship. My friend's mom wants to move to Japan, they have tried so many times. They got rejected because they were too American

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
I don't know about anyone else, but I've never fallen into the whole media bullshit that everyone else claims to have been.

Ask parents why they don't RAISE THEIR OWN KIDS.
Sorry guys, I accidentially pressed the Report button when I subscribed to this thread... sweatdrop

But anyways, I think that if parents refuse to raise the child because it cuts into their "TV Time," then they shouldn't have had the kid at all. No sense in plopping the child in front of the TV, either.

And I also believe that the role models for kids these days are really overdoing it. I'm so sick of turning on the telly and seeing stereotypes of races and a half-naked woman standing next to a fully-dressed man. Just look at yourselves. Is this what we want our children to be? They're the future, dammit! mad
HerInfernalDestroyer
I highly reccomend you guys read FEED by M.T Anderson. It deals with the coruption of teenagers in the near future and it's wonderfully written.

I've read that book and I really enjoyed it too. The ending made me sob like the little girl I really am.

Can anyone else remember when there used to be actual educational children shows- they taught you something useful? Boo-bah scares the s**t out of me! It's suppose to encourage children to exercise but every kid I've seen watch it just lies on the couch and giggle whenever those Jello-like masses move up and down. When I was in day-care we used to actually do things. Now most of them just place a kid in front of a TV to make them stay quiet.

gonk I fear this generation of mushy brains and how they're going to grow up.
Remote Control

Indeed... I'm also afraid of which one of these kids is gonna be tommorow's leaders, and if the trends of today will escalate into pure cesspools of sex and violence.

Also, I should really read that book you talked about. It sounds interesting. 3nodding
I'm a 13-year-old girl who loves to read (though I really haven't been doing it as much as I'd like to lately sweatdrop ), is happy in jeans and a shirt, and wouldn't be caught dead in the mall (although my friends did recently drag me in against my will). I'm just glad to say I'm not worried about makeup, labels, or the latest new gadgets, though I do like my little iPod... filled with Ben Folds, that is. 3nodding
Ienith
once I get a wife and a kid, we are going to live in the country side of Japan! No t.v., no video games, jsut books, manga, and a dojo! Down with media!

Oh God, the irony...
Temo
Remote Control

Indeed... I'm also afraid of which one of these kids is gonna be tommorow's leaders, and if the trends of today will escalate into pure cesspools of sex and violence.

Wow. Imagine a future with a goverment full of corruption, violence in the streets, and a generation of adults with low education.

Oh. Wait. That's not the future...OH MY GOD! *runs away screaming*
javaduckie
I'm not really insulted...Because I know that there's a portion of teens who aren't like that.
The media is corrupting youth these days.
They fill your head with mindless nonsense and you buy into everything they say...Because you don't know anything else.
Personally, I love reading.
I rarely watch TV and would much rather be sitting down with a good book than watching some crap show on the television.
But..When you go to school all you hear about is the latest American Idol (That's just an example). No one talks about the latest book they've read.>-<

3nodding I go into school and all I hear about is the Real World, American Idol, Survivor, etc. And yet I'm strange if I plop down and start reading instead of socializing. What can I say? I lurve my books.

Also, I'm currently reading Little Women and I have to say I love it. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff