Welcome to Gaia! ::

What really matters is in the show but I worry cause of kid's stuff like Shrek2, IS THAT STUFF REALLY SUITABLE FOR KIDS?! What's wrong with the world?...

OH, Captain Kangaroo, Bunny and that little moose...where'd you go?
Daveman13
Kiddie shows are really corrupt these days. These are some things ive heard over the last year:

The blues clues guy molested some kids who were on the show

The guy in the barney suit is on cocaine.

The person who does Doras voice was shooting up on haroine

Who here remembers those old shows like Sesame street and Captain Kangaroo?

Sesame street? As Dave Schapelle so graciously put, Sesame Street is filled with corruption.

The count? The pimp more like it.
That elephant thing snuffle or whatever... it's on crack no doubt about it.
And can anyone tell me why they treat homeless people so bad?

"Oh oscar you're a grouch!"

Wouldn't you be... wouldn't you be?

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Rin Solaris
You guys should really check out this children's show. I nearly pissed my pants laughing. The awful thing is that it's 100% serious! Note: when you click on the link, there will be a download of the video to a temporary folder on your PC.

This is awesome. xd
I think kids shows are just that, KID SHOWS. I hate how people start those stupid rumors "Oh Steve from Blue's Clues molested some kid, bullshit bullshit, etc." No offense to people who belive them, but they're just kid shows. Just let the little kids have their stupid shows, let them be blissful in their ignorance of the grahzny grown up world.
FlameEmber
What really matters is in the show but I worry cause of kid's stuff like Shrek2, IS THAT STUFF REALLY SUITABLE FOR KIDS?! What's wrong with the world?...

Shrek 2? With a parent or older sibling around to watch it with, it seems fairly okay to me. Actually, such films, jsut like Shrek1, Toy Story 1 & 2, the Lion King and tons of other Disney and Pixar movies all have adult references and jokes in them so that the movies are equally pleasing to all age groups.

The main thing is that if the kid doesn't understand, someone older can help her understand or put it in other words :3
the first blues clues guy, steve, went to rehab, and started a band
As a kid I grew up watching Fraggle Rock and Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

Then they wonder why I act the way I do..
DoomNeko
FlameEmber

Shrek 2? With a parent or older sibling around to watch it with, it seems fairly okay to me. Actually, such films, jsut like Shrek1, Toy Story 1 & 2, the Lion King and tons of other Disney and Pixar movies all have adult references and jokes in them so that the movies are equally pleasing to all age groups.

The main thing is that if the kid doesn't understand, someone older can help her understand or put it in other words :3

Touche.
gurkin
I honestly think that these shows are just ways for media to brainwash the children of this generation. I'm frightened by many of the things I see. 3nodding

Sadly, your right. It's not politically motivated though. It's more to the extent of getting them to buy asanine products, and to get them early and turn them into mega-consumers. Look at the commercials/shows directed towards children, what the advertisement is saying, and the affect it has on their kids (such as their reactions.) I'm sure you would figure out that the bottom line is buy-buy-buy.
It's not a conspiracy.

Kids shows are not so bad. The real life of the creator of Blues Clues does not have much to do with the suitability of the show, and drugs probably aren't involved with any show. Kids movies have adult jokes so teens and adults will also find them entertaining. The kids don't understand them, so it doesn't matter.
FlameEmber

The thing is about Shrek, is that it actually is "fun for the whole family." Besides, no kid would get any of the sexual references they place in those movies.
Yeah, pretty much. They also use bad gammar and fragment sentences. Which in turn kids use and they create the users of chatspeak.
Spiders
Look at the commercials/shows directed towards children, what the advertisement is saying, and the affect it has on their kids (such as their reactions.) I'm sure you would figure out that the bottom line is buy-buy-buy.

Very true. If anyone takes a look at young kids, it's obvious you see the common trend of girls play with girl stuff and boys play with boy stuff, most kids think of it as a big issue at that age and as such, commercials featuring Barbies and the likes will only show girls playing with them and boys playing with Hotwheels cars and such.

That and they'll always make it seem so apealing to the kids, as if they couldn't live without it. Then again, that's the basis for most, if not all commercials xp

But yes, at a very young age, kids are brought into this circle of vicious mass consumption. I took time to actually teach this to my sister and brother, they're both grateful for it 3nodding
Asmodeus the Crow
Yeah, pretty much. They also use bad gammar and fragment sentences. Which in turn kids use and they create the users of chatspeak.

I don't watch a whole lot of kids shows, so I'll have to take your word for it. It does sound about right though.
I grew up playing barbies with my friends that were girls. I was guy that would marry them then kill them and "have the house and car all to myself mwaha"!

For some reason as a kid whenever i did that i would put another barbie doll in the car with me go figure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff