Welcome to Gaia! ::

Haha Coffee
duldol
Haha Coffee
duldol
Haha Coffee
Anything Divinely Ordered does not need to be justified.

Merely followed.

What do you mean "divinely ordered"
and why does it not have to be justified?

Im saying I view Capital Punishment to be something that is Divinely Decreed I.e a command send down by God as a punishment for certain offences.

Since it is a God commanded decree, it therefore does not need to be Justified at all, since God should be obeyed in all things.

I do not know if you're trolling. I don't believe in god, so what would you say in an Atheist view point?

Im not Trolling.

From a non religious viewpoint.

Some people, who do some things, simply don't deserve to live.

Why do they not deserve to live?
What is your opinion on a changed man? Was it the opportunity to change and the chance to change and the support to change that he is now assimilated into society and has left his criminal past behind and is now a functioning and now "normal" member of society? And what if the chance to change was taken from him abruptly. Are you saying some criminals have no potential possibility to be healed or clean up their act?

I can't help but to feel for these criminals. Many of them have had horrible childhoods; abuse, molestation, bullying, death, rape, etc. I feel as if I can't say if I was put in their shoes I wouldn't have turned out the same way.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
duldol
The Catfish Blues
It doesn't make financial sense, its cheaper to lock people up forever.
money over morals?
no, it just doesn't make sense on many levels.
Profit speaks where morals fail.
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
money over morals?

That's not right.

Could you explain to me a little bit more about how the system works? It would be greatly appreciated. smile

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
duldol
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
money over morals?

That's not right.
Why? I see no reason to state moral arguments as they are a given. So the argument that appeals to those who don't care about morals is often money.
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
money over morals?

That's not right.
Why? I see no reason to state moral arguments as they are a given. So the argument that appeals to those who don't care about morals is often money.

Yes, but I personally can't agree. I just can't stand it how people would rather profit than try to help others. I also edited my post please check. smile

Mega Noob

To this date I have not seen evidence that it reduces crime, or saves anyone money or labor. Moral arguments aside, those are quite fundamental for a policy.

Morally though it is quite like worship of Kronos, that devoured his sons, or any Aztec moon god.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
duldol
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
money over morals?

That's not right.

Yes, but I personally can't agree. I just can't stand it how people would rather profit than try to help others. I also edited my post please check. smile
http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues
duldol
The Catfish Blues

That's not right.

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

this is in favor of life without the possibility of parole vs death penalty

interesting article thank you!
Heimdalr
To this date I have not seen evidence that it reduces crime, or saves anyone money or labor. Moral arguments aside, those are quite fundamental for a policy.

Morally though it is quite like worship of Kronos, that devoured his sons, or any Aztec moon god.

well off the top of my head, one of the reasons for the death penalty would in my opinion most definitely be to try and dissuade high criminal acts. I personally would not want to be put on death row, but I agree with you. I don't know what Kronos is. Wasn't that a movie with the guy from hellboy?
wait im thinking of cronos..same thing?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronos_(film)

Mega Noob

duldol
Heimdalr

well off the top of my head, one of the reasons for the death penalty would in my opinion most definitely be to try and dissuade high criminal acts. I personally would not want to be put on death row, but I agree with you. I don't know what Kronos is. Wasn't that a movie with the guy from hellboy?
wait im thinking of cronos..same thing?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronos_(film)

I am thinking of Cronus. Saturn. We celebrate him at the end of each year if my memory serves me.
Heimdalr
duldol
Heimdalr

I am thinking of Cronus. Saturn. We celebrate him at the end of each year if my memory serves me.

why did uranus not want his children to see the light?
Nobody, ever, has the right to kill another human being.
Some how it is cheaper but is because of the amount of fat in the process, if something goes around on an raping on murdering spree with no mental fault. Then the death penalty should be applied.
If it is for more than one life sentence then it should be applied.

On a side note life = life, not 25 years. The time period refers to minimum non-parole.
duldol
Heimdalr
duldol
Heimdalr

why did uranus not want his children to see the light?

Because Greek mythology is full of assholes, that's why.
The Sky Does Not Bow
Nobody, ever, has the right to kill another human being.

not even in self defense or war? kill or be killed?

Take the movie "The Right to Kill" for example, a psychotic abusive father has molested and abused his children (and abuses his wife) since they were the age of two, as the years go on the abuse continues to get worse. He controls his family's life and refuses for them to have friends or go to any events etc.

The children are in fear for their lives, the son, Richard, seeks help one day after being severely beaten goes to a police station and confesses, they call the family over no one confesses, the wife and sister are too scared to confess, child services believes it was just a "disciplinary misunderstanding." Richard eventually ends up shooting his father.

Was he in the right? He believed he had no other choice, and no one else could help him.

(not saying I disagree with you I'm just interested in your replies)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff