Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aside from survival of the fittest and self defense,
moreover im talking capital punishment <-

I don't know much about the subject I was hoping that you guys would be as so kind as to help me get the ball rolling.

Opinions? Is the death penalty helpful? Justify the right to decide who lives and who dies in capital punishment.

(Not to sound pompous or anything) Bear in mind (thanks miss sweet) Some of these criminals put to death have been innocent. also the the innocence project.

Do you think it is easier to end a criminal's life rather than to try and turn said person's life around or try to help that person with therapy? Any interesting cases or stories on that topic?

(some interesting links)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Kill?
Quote:
The movie Right to Kill? is based on a true story of two teens Richard Jahnke and Deborah Jahnke, who were charged in Wyoming for the killing of their psychotically abusive father, Richard Jahnke, Sr. >It was an interesting movie, it's on youtube if anyone wants to watch it. Quote(to the mother of the child after her son shot the dad): "Everything these children learned, they learned from you. Richard did not know he had options." Would it even be possible for Richards father to have changed with therapy? If the DCS and similar services had stepped up appropriately

thanks for checking the thread out smile

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Anything Divinely Ordered does not need to be justified.

Merely followed.
Haha Coffee

Merely followed.

What do you mean "divinely ordered"
and why does it not have to be justified?
You probably should have put 'bear in mind'.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
duldol
Haha Coffee

Merely followed.

Im saying I view Capital Punishment to be something that is Divinely Decreed I.e a command send down by God as a punishment for certain offences.

Since it is a God commanded decree, it therefore does not need to be Justified at all, since God should be obeyed in all things.
MissSweet77
You probably should have put 'bear in mind'.

sweatdrop fml it's late why did i forget the other definition of bear

Friendly Fatcat

6,750 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
certain criminals really can't be helped. like *****, there is no cure for that, so we need to either lock them up forever or kill them.
Haha Coffee
duldol
Haha Coffee

Merely followed.

Im saying I view Capital Punishment to be something that is Divinely Decreed I.e a command send down by God as a punishment for certain offences.

Since it is a God commanded decree, it therefore does not need to be Justified at all, since God should be obeyed in all things.

I do not know if you're trolling. I don't believe in god, so what would you say in an Atheist view point?
Mister Bibbles
certain criminals really can't be helped. like *****, there is no cure for that, so we need to either lock them up forever or kill them.

hm i think that can be argued, but i agree with what you said yet I have to wonder in those cases was everything really done? Did people really try to help? Of course it depends on which criminal we're talking about, since it's a pretty broad subject.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
duldol
Haha Coffee
duldol
Haha Coffee

Merely followed.

I do not know if you're trolling. I don't believe in god, so what would you say in an Atheist view point?
He's a muslim, he's hooked on religious crack.
The Catfish Blues
duldol
Haha Coffee
duldol
Haha Coffee

Merely followed.

He's a muslim, he's hooked on religious crack.

dericious

Friendly Fatcat

6,750 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
duldol
Mister Bibbles

editing

well i'm just talking about ***** specifically.

i don't have a "source" but it's well known that ***** can't be cured of it. Have you ever heard of a "recovered *****"? No.

they are a dangerous menace to society that i think deserve capital punishment in all it's severity.

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
It doesn't make financial sense, its cheaper to lock people up forever.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
duldol
Haha Coffee
duldol
Haha Coffee

Merely followed.

Im not Trolling.

From a non religious viewpoint.

Some people, who do some things, simply don't deserve to live.
The Catfish Blues
It doesn't make financial sense, its cheaper to lock people up forever.
money over morals?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces