Welcome to Gaia! ::

God Emperor Baldur
conconconcrete wall
God Emperor Baldur
conconconcrete wall
God Emperor Baldur

You are saying things that have been debunked years before this thread existed. It's nothing new and for someone on the left to believe things such as a NWO or that Bush was *snickers* behind 9/11 rofl

Anyway, believing that stuff is no different from the right winger who denies evolution.

Is belief in evolution compulsory? Is evolution a fact? I've never seen any evolution, just evidence that may suggest it might have taken place so many ******** years ago that no one will ever know the truth.

Evolution is more of a fact than gravity is. It's not hyperbole either because we do know more about evolution than we do gravity. We know little about gravity. Also:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB901.html

It's all trust, really. Isn't it? You trust that this is true, and seem to delight at throwing your proof at me, but what if I were to declare your proof invalid? Oh, bet you'd hate that, wouldn't you.

Thing is, I've never seen a ring species myself. Would you care to bring me one, to my house?

I do not need trust because trust implies some degree of uncertainty. There is however no uncertainty with evolution. We know it happens, we studied it for over 150 years with each counter claim making it stronger, we know thoroughly how humans have evolved and scientists use evolution to make medication.

You declaring it invalid would be like saying the sun being bright is invalid. It doesn't make it less true.

Everyone can confirm through personal experience that the sun is "bright". In fact, I'd say it's probably the brightest thing most people will ever see, short of a nuclear apocalypse.

Now, that being said, I can't confirm through personal experience that your theory works. Which is why I'd like a ring species.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
conconconcrete wall
Everyone can confirm through personal experience that the sun is "bright". In fact, I'd say it's probably the brightest thing most people will ever see, short of a nuclear apocalypse.

Now, that being said, I can't confirm through personal experience that your theory works. Which is why I'd like a ring species.

Breed your own goddamn birds!
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

But if I breed them it won't be evolution, I'll be creating them.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

Artificial selection is proof of the mechanism by which evolution occurs. But if you need it all natural then go and live with said birds.
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

Artificial selection is proof of the mechanism by which evolution occurs. But if you need it all natural then go and live with said birds.

I wouldn't. Because, frankly, I don't care. I just don't want people screwing with my genetics, replacing my body parts with grafted-on machines, and telling me "it's nature's way because evolution".

Gaian

conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

I wouldn't. Because, frankly, I don't care. I just don't want people screwing with my genetics, replacing my body parts with grafted-on machines, and telling me "it's nature's way because evolution".

Shut up an accept the robotic arm!
conconconcrete wall
Because even if it is, apparently that's okay with the American people
even though I'd react the same either way, appaaaaarently you guys are totally ******** fine with it because that's what you believe and you're not even mad you just don't ******** care

although seriously do you know what the odds are that everything that ever happened was an accident?

Well, you shouldn't react the same way. If you have a machine and someone sabotaged it, you look for the guy. If you have a machine and it just simply doesn't work, you redesign it.

A hundred fifty years or so ago, Karl Marx was pointing out many of the things you're pointing out now. And he didn't describe any fancy megaconspiracy for most of it. In fact, he went to great lengths to describe how our capitalist system didn't need a huge evil conspiracy to perform all of its' evils - the entire system itself was simply broken and promoted countless minor evils that simply added up.

It's hard for human beings to fix problems like that - systemic problems, problems with the design of systems of humans rather than individuals - precisely because there is often nobody to blame, no group of people you can kill or jail to fix the problem.

But it's not hard for humans to simply notice those hard problems, because once you remove the conspiracy the problems become things everyone is dealing with on an everyday basis.

Workers aren't being paid enough, so demand for goods and services is dropping and along with it there are fewer jobs than there are people - unemployment as a systemic problem, rather than as the fault somehow of millions of people who spontaneously became lazy after already having jobs just a few years ago.

Our political system has low rates of voting and engagement and many easily manipulated voters in it (all because civic engagement takes time and energy that many people are simply working too hard to spare), so the people it elects rarely has the interests of The People in mind - political corruption as a systemic problem, the result of businesses and politicians working for their own interest in a system that isn't stopping them, rather than the fault of some shadowy conspiracy of corporations.

Our society is immensely wasteful because a constant barrage of advertisements, each from some new business fighting to annoy us, artificially boost the demand for goods, propping up an economic system that is slowly working its' way towards complete failure. Consumerism as a systemic problem, rather than the fault of a million businesses, mostly owned by different people, somehow working together to reshape our society.

It seems unlikely to you that this is accidental, I would wager, because you don't yet understand how groups of individual agents with the right motives (imposed by the system we live in) can produce such outcomes. For that I have a simple solution: Find a copy of Das Kapital, by Karl Marx, and read it. That will work as a good starting point.
Corrupting Clay
conconconcrete wall
Because even if it is, apparently that's okay with the American people
even though I'd react the same either way, appaaaaarently you guys are totally ******** fine with it because that's what you believe and you're not even mad you just don't ******** care

although seriously do you know what the odds are that everything that ever happened was an accident?

Well, you shouldn't react the same way. If you have a machine and someone sabotaged it, you look for the guy. If you have a machine and it just simply doesn't work, you redesign it.

A hundred fifty years or so ago, Karl Marx was pointing out many of the things you're pointing out now. And he didn't describe any fancy megaconspiracy for most of it. In fact, he went to great lengths to describe how our capitalist system didn't need a huge evil conspiracy to perform all of its' evils - the entire system itself was simply broken and promoted countless minor evils that simply added up.

It's hard for human beings to fix problems like that - systemic problems, problems with the design of systems of humans rather than individuals - precisely because there is often nobody to blame, no group of people you can kill or jail to fix the problem.

But it's not hard for humans to simply notice those hard problems, because once you remove the conspiracy the problems become things everyone is dealing with on an everyday basis.

Workers aren't being paid enough, so demand for goods and services is dropping and along with it there are fewer jobs than there are people - unemployment as a systemic problem, rather than as the fault somehow of millions of people who spontaneously became lazy after already having jobs just a few years ago.

Our political system has low rates of voting and engagement and many easily manipulated voters in it (all because civic engagement takes time and energy that many people are simply working too hard to spare), so the people it elects rarely has the interests of The People in mind - political corruption as a systemic problem, the result of businesses and politicians working for their own interest in a system that isn't stopping them, rather than the fault of some shadowy conspiracy of corporations.

Our society is immensely wasteful because a constant barrage of advertisements, each from some new business fighting to annoy us, artificially boost the demand for goods, propping up an economic system that is slowly working its' way towards complete failure. Consumerism as a systemic problem, rather than the fault of a million businesses, mostly owned by different people, somehow working together to reshape our society.

It seems unlikely to you that this is accidental, I would wager, because you don't yet understand how groups of individual agents with the right motives (imposed by the system we live in) can produce such outcomes. For that I have a simple solution: Find a copy of Das Kapital, by Karl Marx, and read it. That will work as a good starting point.

So do you support top-down reforms including regime change?

That's all I want. Frankly I don't give a ******** if they did it or not, because they're in charge and therefore responsible anyway; if they're dodging the responsibility they don't deserve to lead. Also, the whole system is wrong on a fundamental level, it's just all wrong. You implied that you might believe this too. Problem is, people are invested in it so much so that to rip it and them apart would do a lot of damage, kind of like some weird symbiotic/parasitic creatures fused into each other. I'm afraid it can't be helped. It's gotta be done.
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

no way, I've played these games before and it ends with the illuminati controlling the world

Gaian

conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

no way, I've played these games before and it ends with the illuminati controlling the world

It would be for the best anyway.
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
Yoshpet
conconconcrete wall

are you serious
be serious
neutral

Gaian

conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall

are you serious
be serious
neutral

How do you know the Illuminati wont guide humanity in a good fashion?
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall

are you serious
be serious
neutral

Doesn't matter if they do. I want my goddamn freedom, and I won't submit to some freaky secret society.

Gaian

conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall

are you serious
be serious
neutral

Doesn't matter if they do. I want my goddamn freedom, and I won't submit to some freaky secret society.

Shut up and get on your knees. You offer no resistance.
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall
AvenirLegacy
conconconcrete wall

are you serious
be serious
neutral

Shut up and get on your knees. You offer no resistance.

Face me and fall dead, heathen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces