Welcome to Gaia! ::

Say what Say Huh

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4

I have to agree with Ndiyah here. People have their rights restricted for doing far less than torturing children. This woman should not be allowed to breed, if not ever again, than for a long, long time.

5,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Umm, what about a woman's right to choose?

If we have the right to choose abortion, dont' we have the right to choose to give birth as well??

Do I think she needs more children?? no. But I think she has the right to choose.

There are other legal things they can do to her, lock her up for neglect or drug possession, for example. LEGAL things.
You realise if she chooses to have more children, they will be born already abused by their mother? By simply having them in her womb she is slowly poisoning them, and the only way they can escape this is by being aborted.

5,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Baratos
You realise if she chooses to have more children, they will be born already abused by their mother? By simply having them in her womb she is slowly poisoning them, and the only way they can escape this is by being aborted.

I understand that. So get her on those charges. But the theoretical implications of a judge being allowed to sentence someone to having no more children goes against everything the US stands for.

When it comes to judicial decisions, you can never take any case by itself, you have to consider it's implications on other cases.
Triste Morningstar
But once people's "rights" allow them to ******** up other peoples' lives, I draw the line.

I 100% agree. That woman deserved what she had gotten.
In my personal opinion, I think the judge made a good decision. Obviously, the woman doesn't have the means or the will to take care of the kids she already has, and if they're being born and testing positive for cocaine, she also doesn't have the responsibility to take care of the child even until it can be born and put up for adoption.

I really think it is a crime for people to keep having kids when they can't (or won't) take care of them. The judge was right to tell her to get her act together... excercise SAFE sex *gasp* or don't have any at all for a while. This reminds me too much of my dad's side of the family, in particular, my cousin Chrystal, who'd had two kids by age 18, and because she was upset that they'd been taken away by the state, had two more!
i agree, if a person has proved that they can neither take care of them selves or thier childern they do not deserve to have children or make any more for that matter. But I do wonder if there are more rulings like this, will it increase abortions? sweatdrop
Although I wouldn't have sentenced the woman to "not have any more kids", I definitely would have put up a statute that a)incarcerated her, with her children in foster homes, and b)set up an increasing fine for every kid she had after the 7. You want to have kids in ******** up conditions?Good luck with having the money to smoke crack....
i say Depo Provera..
Ndiyah
i say Depo Provera..

That takes responsibility on her part to go get the shot.

I say, forced sterilization. She obviously is incapable of making responsible decisions on her own, so she should not have the right to make a decision to have another kid. It's quite possible these kids are "mistakes" on her part and not necessarily wanted, and is too afraid to think that she can have an abortion. She's probably too doped up to realize she shits out her a**.
Syren2003
I think in her case, it wasn't wrong. She needed a good wake up call. But they're not trying to limit anyone else.. Its not like china "two kids only or pay the fine!"

I agree. If she can't take care of the ones she already has, then why should she make another kid suffer?
Baratos
I have to agree with Ndiyah here. People have their rights restricted for doing far less than torturing children. This woman should not be allowed to breed, if not ever again, than for a long, long time.
now I am in love ..lol

Beloved Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Here's what I'm thinking:

The judge shouldn't have had to say that. Since it was proven three of her children had cocaine in them at birth, then that should also prove she was doing it. And since they knew she was a drug addict, they should have (if they haven't) just put her in jail. Then, she can reproduce anyways. Not until after she gets out.
well..you have to think of the well-care of the children.. If she had more...while under drugs..they could very well live a miserable life.. Also..the judge never said she couldn't have children again..just until she proves she can take care of the ones she already has.
I am thinking go judge.
When a person is that ******** up that they cannot give their kids any quality of life when they are growing up, they should stop having them!!! I mean come on, 7 kids and she is still at it? and she even messed up the beginning of their lives by leaving cocaine in their bodies.

I say it is fab that they are not living with her, and good that she cannot have any more children.

See the thing is, the judge doesnt want her to stop altogether, he just wants to know she can provide some kind of life for her kids and get off drugs. My feelin is that she has had plenty of warnings and people trying to help her and this is the drastic measures which they have been forced to take for her own good and the good of the kids who's lives she has already screwed up.

I think it may be a positive step towards recovery for the woman, she can see how desperate this situation is. And if she keeps on with the drugs, well then thats her choice I suppose but at least she wont ruin any other newborns lives before they have even taken their first breaths.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff