Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/17/jews-ordered-to-register-in-east-ukraine/7816951/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=206567

Am one just one of few who is actually concerned about what's going on over in the Ukraine?
People were pointing out the Nazi resemblances earlier on in this fiasco and I can't help but continue to notice more ;_ ;

It's worth a read ^

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Interesting . . . So, the pro-Russian side, who accuses the Ukrainian Government of being taken over by Nazis, has set up their own, pro-Russian temporary government that's forcing Jews to register . . .

I hope this is propaganda.

Familiar Smoker

Oh good...

So, ima dove...and war is bad and all that...but can we militarily bitchslap Russia yet?

Edit: Then again, the parallels with Nazi Germany are almost TOO uncanny. I'm willing to withhold judgment until we have more info...

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Keltoi Samurai
Interesting . . . So, the pro-Russian side, who accuses the Ukrainian Government of being taken over by Nazis, has set up their own, pro-Russian temporary government that's forcing Jews to register . . .

Well it is the 'Donetsk People's Republic'

So it must be a Fascist dictatorship.

Blessed Raider

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
I don't know if I'm buying what they're selling.

Dapper Reveler

I won't believe this to thoroughly yet. Israel has been thus far one of the only countries to remain neutral, not even a showing of general distaste for the situation. I am currently under the suspicion there might be some marginal amount of truth in the eastern claim for Israel to have stood as defiantly as they have. Until I see either some sort of very concrete evidence or some outrage by Israel I am thoroughly unconvinced.
If the BBC doesn't host that story, I consider it null and void.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Glorious Leader Luna
Keltoi Samurai

Well it is the 'Donetsk People's Republic'

So it must be a Fascist dictatorship.

I'm not up on my global politics as much as I should probably be, so this could just be my own ignorance at play, but has there ever been a "People's Republic" that wasn't pretty blatantly evil?

Familiar Smoker

After doing more research on the subject, it doesn't pass the smell test. It's more likely that it's just some political group trying to take advantage of the confusion.
The godwinning in this thread is amazing

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
God Emperor Baldur

Really? Really? You don't see how a Jewish Registry would immediately bring to mind Nazi Germany to anyone who is even passingly familiar with significant events of the 20th century?

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Possible Theories of Tin Foil Expertise Laid Down:
1. Ukraine government is forcing Jews to register.
2. Russian government is forcing Jews to register.
3. One of the governments hired someone to put up the flier depicting that the other government put them up.
4. Jews put up the fliers to incriminate one of the governments' intentions. (/pol/ would attach themselves to this and fap furiously)
5. Jews put it up cause it would create a verifiable PR stunt and have people become more sympathetic to the institution involved and will donate more money to said Jews. (/pol/ will have a field day)
6. Anti-Jews put up the fliers for some reason akin to fear-mongering.
7. Anti-Ukraine and/or Anti-Russian advocates put them up to get the Jews to side with them.
8. Loominati and/or Freemasonry did it to fulfill the prophecy. (Thus angering the Reptilians.)
9. Someone put it up cause they wanted to real-life troll. (If this, major success.)
10. ???
11. Profit.
This is really concerning. There are some very very large nazi groups that are currently trying to take over government over there right now. This just sounds like a wish for war.
Keltoi Samurai
God Emperor Baldur

Really? Really? You don't see how a Jewish Registry would immediately bring to mind Nazi Germany to anyone who is even passingly familiar with significant events of the 20th century?

When you bring Nazis into an argument that has nothing to do with Nazis, the argument is already lost. Yes there is supposedly a registry of Jews that mirrors what Nazi Germany did. The thing about that though is that Antisemitism was not purely Nazi. Anyone who has graduated Middle School, which I'm starting to believe is less than half of the Americans would know that there has been a long tradition of antisemitism spread out through the entirety of Europe. More so, Jews were persecuted in Russia during World War 2 so that move isn't particularly Nazi to begin with. Now if Russia were to attempts to invade Europe and kill all the jews, then yes, you can call them Nazi, but antisemitism is a very Russian thing. I'm not saying this act is good. Infact it is atrocious, but it isn't Nazi by nature, it's Christian by nature.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
God Emperor Baldur
Keltoi Samurai
God Emperor Baldur

When you bring Nazis into an argument that has nothing to do with Nazis, the argument is already lost. Yes there is supposedly a registry of Jews that mirrors what Nazi Germany did. The thing about that though is that Antisemitism was not purely Nazi. Anyone who has graduated Middle School, which I'm starting to believe is less than half of the Americans would know that there has been a long tradition of antisemitism spread out through the entirety of Europe. More so, Jews were persecuted in Russia during World War 2 so that move isn't particularly Nazi to begin with. Now if Russia were to attempts to invade Europe and kill all the jews, then yes, you can call them Nazi, but antisemitism is a very Russian thing. I'm not saying this act is good. Infact it is atrocious, but it isn't Nazi by nature, it's Christian by nature.

Apologies, then, for misunderstanding.

Though, I'd point out that the Nazis were brought into the discussion by Russia, who has claimed repeatedly that Nazis have seized control of the Ukrainian government, and thus, when discussing the Ukrainian situation, many people already have Nazis on the brain for that particular reason, so it's not that far of a logical leap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff