Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ukonoa_Fire_God
I mean, I dont have any sort of pick with christians, but.. you think a guy who like.. was a good man and saved the world from like destruction, but.. no ones ever seen him, taken pictures all there are drawings i mean, the bible predicts the future whats that? and jesus is punishing asia? i think its just nature and weather whats your opinion?
Ok, please try spacing out your paragraph into sentences. And please try to give an arguement. Also, you couldn't take pictures back in the days that Jesus was alive, so how the hell is anyone gonna have a picture of him? People also say that America caused the tsunami through nuclear testing.
Recently a flyer from a local church was sent around with this message, here it is in full.

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!
Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your
child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous
culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer,
and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various
other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of
music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks
against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak
eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such
as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic,
the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and
His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to
vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and
elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this. (COUNT CHOCULA CEREAL MEANS YOU COMMUNICATE WITH THE DEVIL ?)
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood.
(Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media
sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative manner.
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

That was a sign that a person posted in a church..
Even historians who arent christian agree that he existed. They agree that he was human being who had many followers and was a pretty good guy. His teachings were followed before the bible was compiled as we know it today , so Im sure there can be christians who do not believe in the bible fully( a lot of christians will say otherwise, but I like to think they have no power over what I am allowed to believe... go figure). As for the part that supposedly tells the future... it wasnt written by Jesus (none of the bible was) it was written by one man. The rest of the bible was written by many different men and women and then compiled and recompiled according to various monarchs whims. As for people who think Jesus (man or son of god) would murder innocent people... I cant even tell you how angry that makes me. Why is it so hard for you to believe that he was a real human? You dont have to believe the holy part to belive in the history. As far as I know, we have no video evidence of Christopher Columbus either.. but Im pretty sure he existed too.
Ukonoa_Fire_God
Recently a flyer from a local church was sent around with this message, here it is in full.

culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer,
and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

eccentrically.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and
His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits.)
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this. (COUNT CHOCULA CEREAL MEANS YOU COMMUNICATE WITH THE DEVIL ?)
(Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

That's a bunch of SHITLOAD!

Whoever posted that should be burned. I'm catholic myself but seriously,

"-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism. "

Gawd, that person has NO respect for other religions whatsoever. Luckily, a lot of christian churches aren't as idiotic.

~~; Oh. And this is a little off the topic. ^^;
look, im Christian and i really dont think that God is punishing Asia. Like, wat did they do if he is?
Mitani_Yuki
Just because God did not stop a tsunami from hitting Asia, it doesn't mean that He caused it. Serves 'em right for overpopulation.

Lmao.
Mitani_Yuki
Just because God did not stop a tsunami from hitting Asia, it doesn't mean that He caused it. Serves 'em right for overpopulation.

thats cruel. but maybe te tsunami had a purpose to serve. maybe god was saving the world from the next Hitler. I certainly would sacrifice how ever many people died of my lives to prevent that. I personally dont have much faith left in anything, and thats the way i want it, but if by chance, there is some god guy, this most definately had a purpose.

Even if ther isn't, it has let us know to be prepared for things like this at all times.
A) Jesus lived over 2000 years ago. Uhm... Photos have been around the last hundred years or so.

B) Do HISTORICAL research before you buy into any religous belief. But dont just make a silly conclusion... wrought with nasty typos and no puncutation... Seriously I had trouble understanding what you were saying... >,<

C) My opinon on religious belief is think about it and understand what your buying into, but dont dismiss it out of hand, and dont just be one of those people that does it out of habit without really understanding what YOU think about it. I'm sure if god is real he wants intelligent followers who are able to think for themselves. He did give us brains after all. sweatdrop
Wow....you guys are guys are gonna think I'm crazy but did any of you think that it might just be a huge storm and not connect to a god in anyway?
Ukonoa_Fire_God
TubularLuggage
Ukonoa_Fire_God
I mean, I dont have any sort of pick with christians, but.. you think a guy who like.. was a good man and saved the world from like destruction, but.. no ones ever seen him, taken pictures all there are drawings i mean, the bible predicts the future whats that? and jesus is punishing asia? i think its just nature and weather whats your opinion?
The bible doesn't predict anything but Armagedeon. The rest is people thinking they're smart for taking things out of context.

People saw Jesus all the time when he was on Earth in human form. Lots of people. Not to mention how would they take a picture in 30 AD? Plus no, Jesus isn't punishing Asia. Free will.

Yea people saw jesus, THEY THINK like 200 million years ago, theres no proof

200 million years ago? Where are you getting your information from? it was just over 2000 years ago (hence the year being 2005 A.D.) and it would be impossible to have a picture of what Jesus looked like bacause there were no cameras.

The bible only predicts the birth of Jesus, some prophets, the rapture and the end of the world. It also says stuff about protecting Isreal but it says nothing about any other countries/nations.
Jesus is dead...for a loooong time already.

I don't believe in god, and don't belive in miracles either. That earthquake summoned some kickass water wall and people die.

screw them, they HAD to live close to the beach. Then face the problems now.

I would probably regret saying that when I would live there. but then again, you die when you die, something will cause that.

It's not your imaginary girlfriend which everybody started calling god...
Here's something to think about....if god existed....why the hell did he create dinosaurs before humans'?
Mitani_Yuki
Ukonoa_Fire_God
Ok, please try spacing out your paragraph into sentences. And please try to give an arguement. Also, you couldn't take pictures back in the days that Jesus was alive, so how the hell is anyone gonna have a picture of him? People also say that America caused the tsunami through nuclear testing.

Well "people" are wrong.

The ground we walk on is sitting on top of structures known as tectonic (sp?) plates. These move around a small amount a year, due to the fact that they float on top of the earth's molten core. When these plates rub against eachother or collide, it causes earthquakes. I've been told (by a very reliable source) that the plates collided, one shot above the other and water was pulled to the site of the collision. When the water was released, it formed a wave. As it apprached shore, the wave grew and grew, and eventually hit the shore, doing all the not-so-great stuff it did.

Nothing to do with nuclear testing, just natural movement of the earth.

I seriously doubt that Jesus is punishing Asia; I was under the impression that Satan did that sort of stuff. Plus, I don't see what in the world Asia did that would make them deserve THAT. PLUS, I don't believe in either God, Jesus being any more than a crazy dude, or Satan.
Ukonoa_Fire_God

eccentrically.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Complains of boredom.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Claims to be a goth.

That post in its entirity has already been posted in another thread. I also fail to see its relevance to the topic.
tay_ulz
Here's something to think about....if god existed....why the hell did he create dinosaurs before humans'?

oil.

Oil and Gas come from Fossils left by the dinosaurs.

If he knows everything he would hav eknown we would need those things to have our age of science.

~.~`

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces