Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
I AM R U
Can people please stop over analyzing Disney movies??? I'm so sick of my childhood memories being corrupted and sullied by people who want to read too deeply into singing tea cups and candle-holders.

Welcome to the internet, let me be your guide to ruining everything and corrupting your soul. heart

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
Can people please stop over analyzing Disney movies??? I'm so sick of my childhood memories being corrupted and sullied by people who want to read too deeply into singing tea cups and candle-holders.

Welcome to the internet, let me be your guide to ruining everything and corrupting your soul. heart

It's ok, most of them were pretty shitty anyway. I'm more just sick of idiots who actually think this is vitally important in some way rolleyes

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

It's ok, most of them were pretty shitty anyway. I'm more just sick of idiots who actually think this is vitally important in some way rolleyes

It kind of is actually, but I tend to over analyze everything.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

the concept itself, with its connotations of class struggle may be, but using freaking disney to make that point seems idiotic to me, when I'm pretty sure there are actual real life examples of the servant class struggling under burdens imposed on their masters confused it just seems lazy on the part of the OP, and the nature of the film as light hearted children's entertainment doesn't exactly make it the best example...

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

the concept itself, with its connotations of class struggle may be, but using freaking disney to make that point seems idiotic to me, when I'm pretty sure there are actual real life examples of the servant class struggling under burdens imposed on their masters confused it just seems lazy on the part of the OP, and the nature of the film as light hearted children's entertainment doesn't exactly make it the best example...

Fair enough, but what if that was the thing that brought the idea to the OP's mind, I used a movie once to prove the point that humanity is heading down a downward spiral of no return...and it was a comedy. =/

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

Fair enough, but what if that was the thing that brought the idea to the OP's mind, I used a movie once to prove the point that humanity is heading down a downward spiral of no return...and it was a comedy. =/

Well, that's also a pretty easy thing to prove - just look out the ******** window, right? I dunno, I think that it's fine if it was the movie that made the OP think of it, but in order to show that the idea has a basis in reality, I want more than a child's cartoon...

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
RadianceLindenOwl
Apparently some of the objects were just that, objects. Not everyone was a human before the spell was cast. So chips brothers and sisters were probably just cups that were turned animate.
I highly doubt that the castle had enough staff to fill cabinets. If you notice, half of the objects don't even talk.

Also, can we also take the blame off of the Beast? Keep in mind that the spell would become permanent on his 21st birthday, and ten years had passed since the spell was cast and Belle arrives. Clearly stating that the prince was only 10-11 when the Enchantress knocks on his door and cursed him. So he wasn't being a d**k, he was just a kid being weary of a crazy old woman wanting to invade his house. The Enchantress was obviously a b***h.

So the knowledge that a bunch of newly sentient beings were forcefully turned back into ordinary objects is supposed to make me feel better?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
A little too much Nostalgia Critic...

Kaptain K Rool's Husband

Floppy Member

-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

Idiocracy? Jackass? Any of the Madea movies?

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
[ Insert name Here ]
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

Any and all but it was idiocracy just seemed to real.

Kaptain K Rool's Husband

Floppy Member

-Kali-La-Fae-
[ Insert name Here ]
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

Eh, Idiocracy to me was a little TOO much... The movie was hyped up to me, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have otherwise. I feel like it could have been done with more subtlety, and been much improved that way.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I AM R U
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

Believe it or not, the ability to overanalyze fiction is considered to be vital in literature classes and for anyone who wants to write an article about fiction. I had to write a 15 page paper about William Faulkner's novel Sanctuary. My thesis was that the novel demonstrates why acting like a stereotypical southern belle of the time period was an incredibly stupid and useless thing to do because the gentlemen did not uphold the morals and values they demanded of themselves and of the belles, so the poor and weak character Temple Drake is raped with a corncob and used as a sex slave, living basically off of alcohol ... all because she tried to be a southern belle in a cruel and harsh world that demanded that she be a southern belle, yet punished her for it. Obviously my thesis statement was shorter, and it can be argued against.
My point is, people get PAID to argue useless points about fiction. There are numerous articles in magazines and websites about fiction. :3

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
[ Insert name Here ]
-Kali-La-Fae-
[ Insert name Here ]
-Kali-La-Fae-
I AM R U

Eh, Idiocracy to me was a little TOO much... The movie was hyped up to me, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have otherwise. I feel like it could have been done with more subtlety, and been much improved that way.

Yes it was a bit over the top but it was supposed to be a comedy, it wasn't GREAT I could just see it happening (well parts) further into the future.

Noob

I AM R U

Wat.
Who is making you read this sort of things?
Lol.
Who cares what they think? They are servants, they aren't entitled to vocalise their suffering.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff