Welcome to Gaia! ::

cobecat
Gatebury
Silmerillion
Gatebury
Qwertysan,

Actually, you are wrong. The most obvious wrong. World peace doesn't mean there are no diseases, natural disasters and anything else dangerous by nature. World peace is simpy humans not killing each other and destroying the planet with nukes and stuff. Wars don't help us create something actually useful, just piece of junk we become dependant on after forgetting how easy it was without it.

Your image of "the chaos that brings balance to peace" is something really weird. Please educate yourself further before making that statement again.

I see you mentioned complete harmony. It existed before humans had wars of any kind. I admit, we were only monkeys, but we could act like ones now. What you would like to see, is not balance, but a certain destruction that comes faster than needed. We don't need ourselves to cause horrors, sadness, and death. It just comes with the Earth like free bubblegum with hamburger.

You have derailed yourself and I recommend more philosophical thinking.

i agree with "most" of what you said but... when did she say ANYTHING on disease and natural disatsters? i dont' believe she did. so what are you talkng about buddy? stare

Humans don't understand the word harmony. It includes many, many things that QwertySan leaves out or doesn't know about. I just made examples and generalising of some things that are born from nature, not us, thus making it part of nature, which is in harmony with itself. Humans just think the real harmony is false, and the perfect world of harmony has nothing I listed in my post which you quoted. It's all about questioning defaults.

EDIT: I think I could go further on this one, but it wouldn't be related to our topic.

Gatebury, I love you. You took what was for me just a nagging feeling that something in that philosophy didn't quite match up, and defined it for me. Not only did you define it, but you did so in an intelligent and logical manner. I concur completely, and you are my new hero for the day.

You made my day more pleasant. Thanks.
Gatebury
cobecat
Gatebury
Silmerillion
Gatebury
Qwertysan,

Actually, you are wrong. The most obvious wrong. World peace doesn't mean there are no diseases, natural disasters and anything else dangerous by nature. World peace is simpy humans not killing each other and destroying the planet with nukes and stuff. Wars don't help us create something actually useful, just piece of junk we become dependant on after forgetting how easy it was without it.

Your image of "the chaos that brings balance to peace" is something really weird. Please educate yourself further before making that statement again.

I see you mentioned complete harmony. It existed before humans had wars of any kind. I admit, we were only monkeys, but we could act like ones now. What you would like to see, is not balance, but a certain destruction that comes faster than needed. We don't need ourselves to cause horrors, sadness, and death. It just comes with the Earth like free bubblegum with hamburger.

You have derailed yourself and I recommend more philosophical thinking.

i agree with "most" of what you said but... when did she say ANYTHING on disease and natural disatsters? i dont' believe she did. so what are you talkng about buddy? stare

Humans don't understand the word harmony. It includes many, many things that QwertySan leaves out or doesn't know about. I just made examples and generalising of some things that are born from nature, not us, thus making it part of nature, which is in harmony with itself. Humans just think the real harmony is false, and the perfect world of harmony has nothing I listed in my post which you quoted. It's all about questioning defaults.

EDIT: I think I could go further on this one, but it wouldn't be related to our topic.

Gatebury, I love you. You took what was for me just a nagging feeling that something in that philosophy didn't quite match up, and defined it for me. Not only did you define it, but you did so in an intelligent and logical manner. I concur completely, and you are my new hero for the day.

You made my day more pleasant. Thanks.

Glad to return the favor, since you made mine better too.
Gatebury
I see you mentioned complete harmony. It existed before humans had wars of any kind. I admit, we were only monkeys, but we could act like ones now.

I'd like to take a moment to point out that our current state of affairs is much worse. Monkeys can bicker about a banana for a while, but they get over it and be friends afterwards, they don't kill eachother for it.

We're worse than monkeys, as we kill eachother for what we want! 3nodding

That being said, world peace is something we'll never have as our human nature that brings us to be so selfish and competitious just won't allow for it. Somewhere, somehow, there'll always be someone brewing trouble. What we could do though, is to finally drop the guns and actually help ourselves. There's well enough ressources on the Earth for everyone, but it's only a smaller fraction of the globe that has access to it gonk
Hey, that Spiderman 2 budget was well enough to feed over half of India. Not saying the movie was bad, but hey, I'd rather watch a sock puppet show if I know that money is being put to saving lives instead. biggrin

(Yes, I know I'm one of those corny greater good people, if you don't like it, sucks to be you. Want a cookie? 4laugh )
Looks like my post went somewhere. But not in hell I'll write that again...
Gatebury

Awww. I was waiting for a reaction xp
Meh, anyways, I guess it's as good as any time to say that using the "copy" feature right before posting can save a whole lot of trouble when Gaia decides to mess up :3
DoomNeko
Gatebury

Awww. I was waiting for a reaction xp
Meh, anyways, I guess it's as good as any time to say that using the "copy" feature right before posting can save a whole lot of trouble when Gaia decides to mess up :3

I know, I know. Sadly, I forgot.
The most obvious thing anyone could contribute to this thread:

World peace does not exist right here and now. You personally, cannot bring about it's existance. Spending your time debating whether or not it would be posative or negative is irrelivent.

That's like trying to solve world hunger. There's bound to be someone somewhere starving for some reason.

As soon as humans can stop being humans, that's when the wars will end.

What you can do, however, is start working on how you can make a posative impact in your community. We're so caught up in 'world view' and 'war' that we forget what's going on three houses down.
Yuki_Yuri

DoomNeko, if it makes you feel any more satisfied, this was part of my long and thoughtful post. Though I used the phrase "Before we deny our humanity, we cannot do anything."
*squeals* AHH!! YOU QUOTED MEEEEE!! *Hugs*

QWWWEEERRRRTTTTYYYY!!!!
DamienRiordan
QwertySan
Many people I know and have met in the past say things such as "I wish there could be world peace", or "why can't we all just get along?". In my opinion, world peace is the absolute last thing this world needs. Suppose if everyone and everything else in this world was to be in complete harmony... Everything would be just peachy, and to be frank, life would not be worth living. Many are probably turning their heads in disgust, but I thought the greatest thing about living was appreciating the good things about it and the fact that you are living. If there is not a reasonable balance of good and bad in this world, you would not be able to be appreciative of the good things by recognizing that things could, in fact, be much worse.

Yes, I have made a board similar to this before, so do not say that this topic has already been covered before. Everything on Gaia these days is a "repeat board". I made this again because people have misconstrued my words into thinking that I simply think everyone would be bored with world peace, or that I'd love the war to continue. And if you plan to flame me, try to have a better excuse to hate me rather than "omg u dunt want werld peece u suxxors lol."

Quote:
As nice as World Peace sounds, the world can't exist without chaos. It's that yin and yang, day and night, male and female theory. Without one, the other can't exist.

a=b
^= Squared
ab=b^
ab-a^=b^ -a^
a(b-a)=(b+a)(b-a)
a=b+a
a=2a
1=2
a=nothing
b=everything
everything=nothing

I agree with the whole world peace being boring. But I don't really understand the math thing at the bottom. Can you explain?

That's the chaos theory.

heart
Yuki_Yuri
The most obvious thing anyone could contribute to this thread:

World peace does not exist right here and now. You personally, cannot bring about it's existance. Spending your time debating whether or not it would be posative or negative is irrelivent.

That's like trying to solve world hunger. There's bound to be someone somewhere starving for some reason.

What you can do, however, is start working on how you can make a posative impact in your community. We're so caught up in 'world view' and 'war' that we forget what's going on three houses down.

Just because I debate about it desn't mean I'm not trying to make a good impact on society. Heck I could die happy tomorrow knowing I've made someone smile on a bad morning. The problem is, "peace" isn't just a one-person thing, but sometimes individuals can truly make a better life for others and be what id' refer to as "Good". ^^
The biggest of problems is that as humans we need to finally put aside our differences and stop killing for beliefs or material gain. Sounds like the whopping slavework of the century, but hey, it can be done :3

I'll just say the same I always do : "Live and let live, you're free to do whatever you want as long as your actions don't prevent another's freedom and life." biggrin

Gatebury
Yuki_Yuri

DoomNeko, if it makes you feel any more satisfied, this was part of my long and thoughtful post. Though I used the phrase "Before we deny our humanity, we cannot do anything."

Satisfied of what? I'm already happy people are sharing their opinions on the subject ^^

But I'll agree, our human nature is an obstacle on the long road. 3nodding
We are never going to achieve peace, no matter what. Theres always going to be someone who disagrees with another. When those two people meet, theres yelling, which leads into arguments. Then otheres hear the argument, listen and join sides. This might lead to pushing , kicking, punching, etc... Then as soon as it starts we have a war again. So were never going to achieve peace. The only thing we can achieve is almost peace. That point in the world where nothing happens, then a few days after that we are right back to yelling. So why hope for peace when its just never going to come?
jojup
We are never going to achieve peace, no matter what. Theres always going to be someone who disagrees with another. When those two people meet, theres yelling, which leads into arguments. Then otheres hear the argument, listen and join sides. This might lead to pushing , kicking, punching, etc... Then as soon as it starts we have a war again. So were never going to achieve peace. The only thing we can achieve is almost peace. That point in the world where nothing happens, then a few days after that we are right back to yelling. So why hope for peace when its just never going to come?

Are you not reading any of the posts here?

We're saying that world peace is bad and it won't be achieved. You're repeating things.

heart
Little_Miss_Matched
jojup

Are you not reading any of the posts here?

We're saying that world peace is bad and it won't be achieved. You're repeating things.

heart

I know... its 2:30 here in Canada and I'm out of it...thats why I'm repeating....my mind is kinda going on me right now xp I know I shouldn't be talking then but ....meh
DoomNeko
"Heck I could die happy tomorrow knowing I've made someone smile on a bad morning."

That makes me a winner \o/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces