Welcome to Gaia! ::

Many people I know and have met in the past say things such as "I wish there could be world peace", or "why can't we all just get along?". In my opinion, world peace is the absolute last thing this world needs. Suppose if everyone and everything else in this world was to be in complete harmony... Everything would be just peachy, and to be frank, life would not be worth living. Many are probably turning their heads in disgust, but I thought the greatest thing about living was appreciating the good things about it and the fact that you are living. If there is not a reasonable balance of good and bad in this world, you would not be able to be appreciative of the good things by recognizing that things could, in fact, be much worse.

Yes, I have made a board similar to this before, so do not say that this topic has already been covered before. Everything on Gaia these days is a "repeat board". I made this again because people have misconstrued my words into thinking that I simply think everyone would be bored with world peace, or that I'd love the war to continue. And if you plan to flame me, try to have a better excuse to hate me rather than "omg u dunt want werld peece u suxxors lol."

Quote:
As nice as World Peace sounds, the world can't exist without chaos. It's that yin and yang, day and night, male and female theory. Without one, the other can't exist.

a=b
^= Squared
ab=b^
ab-a^=b^ -a^
a(b-a)=(b+a)(b-a)
a=b+a
a=2a
1=2
a=nothing
b=everything
everything=nothing
hmm..this world is balanced in a way...but you do have a point. but Gif the world was full of good and no evil, people will never learn to appreciate or be grateful for what they have. some can't accept death. even if death is not bad. Just pain..I suppose. sorry if I don't make sense..
that's a bad math trick
the properties are wrong
world peace is merely the time when everyone pauses to reload.

you can bomb the world to peices, but you can't bomb the world to peace.

</.hates.hippies.>
Basically I can syathis much, Religon. It puts us all into different catagories, trying to prove eachother wrong. World Unifaction would require 1 relion or a massive Purge from 1 or many religons coming together and creating a.. what do you call it... genocide? I think?
i dont' care about world peace really, but i'm tired of these stupid wars. people all over the world die of them when they had NOTHING to do with them or either side in it. plus it kinda scares me. at any moment someone could just decide to bomb a spot in the U.S. because they don't like us then it would be right where i live. sweatdrop
Qwertysan,

Actually, you are wrong. The most obvious wrong. World peace doesn't mean there are no diseases, natural disasters and anything else dangerous by nature. World peace is simpy humans not killing each other and destroying the planet with nukes and stuff. Wars don't help us create something actually useful, just piece of junk we become dependant on after forgetting how easy it was without it.

Your image of "the chaos that brings balance to peace" is something really weird. Please educate yourself further before making that statement again.

I see you mentioned complete harmony. It existed before humans had wars of any kind. I admit, we were only monkeys, but we could act like ones now. What you would like to see, is not balance, but a certain destruction that comes faster than needed. We don't need ourselves to cause horrors, sadness, and death. It just comes with the Earth like free bubblegum with hamburger.

You have derailed yourself and I recommend more philosophical thinking.
I see what you mean. If there was true world peace, no one would appreciate good things because they will always be there... They take advantage of it. Also, unfortunately, if you view it that way, without evil, the world would be a dreadfully boring place. Not to say I don't want peace (like yourself), total peace would make a dull world. Besides, world peace won't happen, so it's really pointless to wish for it. Since that is not achievable, then go for local peace (like at your school/workplace/home)... Then perhaps you and the people around you would be more happy. Local peace is definitely easier to have than world peace.
Gatebury
Qwertysan,

Actually, you are wrong. The most obvious wrong. World peace doesn't mean there are no diseases, natural disasters and anything else dangerous by nature. World peace is simpy humans not killing each other and destroying the planet with nukes and stuff. Wars don't help us create something actually useful, just piece of junk we become dependant on after forgetting how easy it was without it.

Your image of "the chaos that brings balance to peace" is something really weird. Please educate yourself further before making that statement again.

I see you mentioned complete harmony. It existed before humans had wars of any kind. I admit, we were only monkeys, but we could act like ones now. What you would like to see, is not balance, but a certain destruction that comes faster than needed. We don't need ourselves to cause horrors, sadness, and death. It just comes with the Earth like free bubblegum with hamburger.

i agree with "most" of what you said but... when did she say ANYTHING on disease and natural disatsters? i dont' believe she did. so what are you talkng about buddy? stare
Silmerillion
Gatebury
Qwertysan,

i agree with "most" of what you said but... when did she say ANYTHING on disease and natural disatsters? i dont' believe she did. so what are you talkng about buddy? stare

Humans don't understand the word harmony. It includes many, many things that QwertySan leaves out or doesn't know about. I just made examples and generalising of some things that are born from nature, not us, thus making it part of nature, which is in harmony with itself. Humans just think the real harmony is false, and the perfect world of harmony has nothing I listed in my post which you quoted. It's all about questioning defaults.

EDIT: I think I could go further on this one, but it wouldn't be related to our topic.
QwertySan
Many people I know and have met in the past say things such as "I wish there could be world peace", or "why can't we all just get along?". In my opinion, world peace is the absolute last thing this world needs. Suppose if everyone and everything else in this world was to be in complete harmony... Everything would be just peachy, and to be frank, life would not be worth living. Many are probably turning their heads in disgust, but I thought the greatest thing about living was appreciating the good things about it and the fact that you are living. If there is not a reasonable balance of good and bad in this world, you would not be able to be appreciative of the good things by recognizing that things could, in fact, be much worse.

Yes, I have made a board similar to this before, so do not say that this topic has already been covered before. Everything on Gaia these days is a "repeat board". I made this again because people have misconstrued my words into thinking that I simply think everyone would be bored with world peace, or that I'd love the war to continue. And if you plan to flame me, try to have a better excuse to hate me rather than "omg u dunt want werld peece u suxxors lol."

Quote:
As nice as World Peace sounds, the world can't exist without chaos. It's that yin and yang, day and night, male and female theory. Without one, the other can't exist.

a=b
^= Squared
ab=b^
ab-a^=b^ -a^
a(b-a)=(b+a)(b-a)
a=b+a
a=2a
1=2
a=nothing
b=everything
everything=nothing

I agree with the whole world peace being boring. But I don't really understand the math thing at the bottom. Can you explain?

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
I concur. 3nodding
Gatebury
Silmerillion
Gatebury
Qwertysan,

Humans don't understand the word harmony. It includes many, many things that QwertySan leaves out or doesn't know about. I just made examples and generalising of some things that are born from nature, not us, thus making it part of nature, which is in harmony with itself. Humans just think the real harmony is false, and the perfect world of harmony has nothing I listed in my post which you quoted. It's all about questioning defaults.

EDIT: I think I could go further on this one, but it wouldn't be related to our topic.

Gatebury, I love you. You took what was for me just a nagging feeling that something in that philosophy didn't quite match up, and defined it for me. Not only did you define it, but you did so in an intelligent and logical manner. I concur completely, and you are my new hero for the day.
Well, if you don't want world peace, don't worry. It will never be acheived as long as humanity remains selfish as a whole.

[/pessimism]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces